I think we miss something..

ಥ_ಥ
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    a proper barb will have more vit than str and little to no dex

TT90 Axes need 272 str and 49 dex to equip..if ya plan to have more vit than str and little to no dex, then I guess u gotta w8 till lvl 145 to equip the 90 axes...when the game finally gets upgraded to that lvl b:shutupb:bye Btw, dont forget to put all ur points in str per lvl and a few in dex..or u wont be able to equip them even then b:chuckle
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Guys learn to fight. HA vs HA both charmed is LAME.

ask Saveless(9x) He accepted that he failed a big time to kill me when he tryed to kill me in swamps(i was charmed and lvl 70) and started to avoid him and saved my **** successfully. Saveless dude i agree u can kill me if I wud hv stopped there and fight back. But there was no point in fighting a 15 level higher HA. hmmm u r good with stuns u might be able to take down arcanes though.(all depends upon ur skill and gears)

HAVE FUN. and please DON'T QQ about getting pked if u choose to play on a PVP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • str8brawler
    str8brawler Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol barbs ar boring slow dumb ugly and dumb

BM's are fun fast smart better looking and did i say fun :)
  • ICEsmoke - Harshlands
    ICEsmoke - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    who gives a shet you shouldnt even be fighing barbs anyways just dumb, go fight the rest of the classes much more fun owning a veno or archer:victory
    Im about to bust my pole up yo **** hole
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wow... I can't believe you seriously think that the 10% dmg or the extra 1% crit will make a barb hit harder than a bm.

First of all... look at each skill. As was said many times already, the only really strong skill a barb has is armageddon... which... tbh is suicide for a barb to use unless the person he's fighting is almost dead and the barb uses this skill to finish him off. Now that armageddon is pushed aside... check every bm skill and every barb skill. You'll find that barb's skills are way weaker than bm skills (and bm's have wayyyy more OF the skills). BM's also have a def buff that barbs do not. This def buff now puts you on a level playing field with a barb in tiger form. Oh wait! You don't suffer from dmg reduction, but you get extra def? I guess that means that puts you ABOVE a barb in that sense, eh? If a barb is in normal form, you will have higher def AND you'll do more dmg. Even with the extra 10% dmg a barb gets from mastery, you should still do more dmg. If you're only doing the same dmg as ur brother's barb at lvl 90, my suggestion to you is reroll and play a different class because you obviously don't know how to play a bm.

Now let's look at other advantages to a bm. If a barb is in normal form and wants to use tiger skills, he must switch to tiger form. This takes a second to do. The barb may as well also just been hit by a sharpened tooth arrow because he has less % of his hp now. Now the barb just used the tiger skill he wanted and has to wait for his shapeshift to cool down to switch back to normal form and continue with his normal skills. A bm does not get affected in any way by switching skills. It's as easy as a click of a button to change weapons and spam different skills. Let's say you stun with axes then switch to fists. Right before the stun wears off, you switch to axes again to stun again. 15 secs of stun and being attacked by fists or a good pole is enough to kill almost anyone.

If the skill is there, a bm is much better than a barb... the problem is... a bm has to use his head for more than wearing a hat. And, by the sounds of it, you're QQing about the fact that, if you and a barb were standing there, just normal attacking each other, he'd do more dmg. Get over it and start fighting smart. You'll do more dmg than the barb every time.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wow... I can't believe you seriously think that the 10% dmg or the extra 1% crit will make a barb hit harder than a bm.

First of all... look at each skill. As was said many times already, the only really strong skill a barb has is armageddon... which... tbh is suicide for a barb to use unless the person he's fighting is almost dead and the barb uses this skill to finish him off. Now that armageddon is pushed aside... check every bm skill and every barb skill. You'll find that barb's skills are way weaker than bm skills (and bm's have wayyyy more OF the skills). BM's also have a def buff that barbs do not. This def buff now puts you on a level playing field with a barb in tiger form. Oh wait! You don't suffer from dmg reduction, but you get extra def? I guess that means that puts you ABOVE a barb in that sense, eh? If a barb is in normal form, you will have higher def AND you'll do more dmg. Even with the extra 10% dmg a barb gets from mastery, you should still do more dmg. If you're only doing the same dmg as ur brother's barb at lvl 90, my suggestion to you is reroll and play a different class because you obviously don't know how to play a bm.

Now let's look at other advantages to a bm. If a barb is in normal form and wants to use tiger skills, he must switch to tiger form. This takes a second to do. The barb may as well also just been hit by a sharpened tooth arrow because he has less % of his hp now. Now the barb just used the tiger skill he wanted and has to wait for his shapeshift to cool down to switch back to normal form and continue with his normal skills. A bm does not get affected in any way by switching skills. It's as easy as a click of a button to change weapons and spam different skills. Let's say you stun with axes then switch to fists. Right before the stun wears off, you switch to axes again to stun again. 15 secs of stun and being attacked by fists or a good pole is enough to kill almost anyone.

If the skill is there, a bm is much better than a barb... the problem is... a bm has to use his head for more than wearing a hat. And, by the sounds of it, you're QQing about the fact that, if you and a barb were standing there, just normal attacking each other, he'd do more dmg. Get over it and start fighting smart. You'll do more dmg than the barb every time.

I lol'd. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you guys are lucky anyways...you guys do faster regular atks and full damage to everything you hit...us archer sdo half damage...then because we're lacking HP/defence & mor edefence...we take alot more from your hits (just reg physical) then you do ours...we pop u in the head for like 200...u slash us for like 600 or 800...then uve got like 3-5x more hp then us...

and dam those mistis...50% accuracy...nothing gives us 50% evasion to counter that...

you guys honestly imo...shoudlnt even be getting crit and so much damage (for sure for a barb...)
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Warriors have way more AOEs than WBs unless you use sword and fist (which are based on DPS anyways so you shouldn't be QQing about burst). Most of the WB skills are single target and Perdition or "Armageddon" doesn't use your patk at all in the damage equation. It wouldn't make sense if the warriors could hit many targets for more damage than a WB does on 1 target. Not that the mastery makes huge difference.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol BMs ar boring slow dumb ugly and dumb

Barbs are fun fast inteligent better looking (muscles) and did i say fun :)

Fixed for yab:cute

Demon barb = 50% critical rate =)
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I lol'd. You have no idea what you're talking about.

You see... the funny thing is that I DO know what I'm talking about. Just because my pic shows a veno doesn't mean I dunno barbs and bm's. In fact, this veno has become my alt and my barb is my main now. I think you were missing the point of what I was saying, though Lycanthar. I wasn't saying necessarily that a bm would kill a barb with np. I was saying a bm should be doing more dmg than a barb (and if they're not, there's something wrong). Anyway... you can criticize what I say if you want. I'm not here to argue with you as there's no need. I have proven myself to enough people and I let my actions speak for me (ex. killing multiple 90+ at the same time when my barb was lvl 80). Most of the important high lvls on DW know me for a reason (btw, when I say important, I mean legit high lvls... not these whoracle noobs).
  • Krobeulus - Dreamweaver
    Krobeulus - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am currently a level 90 blademaster (gear isnt quite done yet) and have pretty good experience with both PvE and PvP. My brother is a level 90 barbarian so I also know that class pretty well. Recently we have been looking at sage/demon skills and something caught my attention. Level 10 Axe Mastery for BM and Barb is both 60% of attack, however Sage Axe Mastery for BM is only 90% while Barb is 100%. For Demon Axe Mastery for BM its 75% attack and 1% crit whereas Barb is 75% and 2% crit. Ummm ok isn't this backwards? When we think of Barbs we think of tanks and good PvPers but definetly not kuz of the damage aspect. I think its a little unfair that Barbs are getting higher HP per Vit, higher Accuracy(Bloodbath), higher Physical Defence in True Form, better damage skills (Armageddon/Perdition, BMs have no skill that compares), and now to top it off more damage?? Why roll a BM? Stuns? Pfft Barbs have decent stuns themselves and there are so many ways to avoid stuns nowadays (skills, genies, apothecary pots). So an equally geared/statted Barb would have the advantage in just about every aspect over a BM....HP, Def, Acc, hell even better skills, I can live with them having. But better attacks??? There is no reason for them to have higher attack % from mastery...Face it Barbs reading this...you were primarily built to be a tank class, yes i acknowledge your PvP skills, and properly played you can be very good at it. But BMs, a class built to be second or lower in just about every aspect, "jack of all trades", should atleast have the damage advantage over a tank class....Anyways, this has just been my 2 cents, highly doubt anything will be done since this was intentional by the Devs and has been this way even on Malaysian server. Would like to see either an equalling of Mastery or maybe even giving BMs more than Barbs. But lower? Definetly not, equal at the least. Feel free to leave you feedback and keep thread alive, gonna add a poll, plz read my post and all feedback before voting, thanks.

In my opinion, you are over thinking this. I may not be as high of a level as you all are, but in my experience, if a lv 55 BM and I are buffed by a lv 80 cleric, and we all buff each other, all in all, the bm always has more def than me, and it is about the same in Tiger form. I don't want to hear: "Well then you are a crappy Barb and you are doing something wrong" cause I can guarantee I am doing just fine. Another thing: "Keep it the same (dont vote this just kuz your a barb)" That's full of it. Dont have them switch just because you are a BM. If you do switch them the BM "supposedly" has the upper hand, according to you.
    Now think of it this way: The GMs have the stats and everything the way they are for a reason. I am pretty sure they know what they are doing more than anyone who is complaining about unfairness. If it is that way, chances are it is equal, as I doubt they favor.
    Then of course there are different classes for a reason. When you compare these two classes with the same everything, that defeats the purpose, in my opinion. These classes are made to do different things. Did you consider that if the barb, really does have higher dmg it is to better keep aggro? As from what I have learned, you have to do the most dmg to hold aggro, aside from the aggro catching skills. Maybe if they really do more dmg, that is why, so they dont have to hear people whine about always getting killed, when that barb is supposed to be tanking not them. Either way, fixed the way you want it or not, creates it unfair to other classes.
    Yes, I may be wrong, but that is my opinion, and I think it is pretty fair.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:surrender also bms got heaven's flame, add that with a genie's Ts and there u get HUGE dmg.... if a barb miss pred its usualy end of fight so u dont see them spamming it like hell unlike a bm who can spam there heave's flame = 100% more dmg??? and if that crits thats 200% more and with a zerker there u have 400% more dmg or so b:bye and bm with marrows have HEAPS more mage def then barbs and also phy def.. there goes my 2 centb:laugh

um even if heaven's flame crit+zerk that's still only a 100% dmg debuff, the crit+zerk just makes heaven's flame itself do more dmg.

Also to the OP, I don't think that the blatant difference in weapon masteries for BM/Barb makes it unfair.

BM has less hp, but will have more phys def/mag def (even without marrows, just using demon/sage aura). Also stuns still remain a huge advantage in PvP, barbs only have spammable stun skill (yes it is very good for costing no chi). However the damage difference is almost negligible, in PvP barbs pretty much hit me for around the same damage I hit them. This becomes a problem in duel when there are no charms and barbs beat bms by the sheer fact that they have more hp, but in real PvP I find that neither side really kills the other unless they get really lucky.

But yeah like other people are saying in the thread, one of BM's most valuable advantages is the option of 4 weapon paths, all unique with their own advantages/disadvantages. To only go 1 weapon path is to limit yourself, hybrid BMs can deal with far more situations than single path.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I mostly agree with what you say. Frankly, barbs hit me for about the same damage as bms and they hit a lot faster too.

**** ya thats true,WB stun lock me more then BMs do.The slow cool downs and quick attack speed meeses me up.i like that masterys but i would like to switch buffs with them.
  • ben5dover5
    ben5dover5 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Im not that familiar with the classes, but can`t Bm`s not have the same stats cuz they`re skills are different. Like some skills might have 2 be in sync with the stats. Im not sure just wondering
  • Endless_life - Harshlands
    Endless_life - Harshlands Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    this is my first time playing barb
    im a demon barb with most of my good damn skills ^^
    charm barbs vs charm bms TAKE FOREVER
    but demon spark with demon onslaught will kill almost any bm
    just have to time it right
    or Perdition zerk+crit can hit a 90x bm for 10k if not more
    which would one shot pretty mostly anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaufree - Sanctuary
    Jaufree - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    BMs Should have more accuracy if they are a PK build due to dexterity, and If your a fist bm you'll hit really fast so speed isn't an issue. But in the end archers are Ftw lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    our skills do more damage what more is there to debate? many barbarian attacks ignore the "100% weapon damage bonus or whatever"

heavens flame - guaranteed double damage for 6 seconds
    zerk - double damage
    crit - double dmg

oops internet time up cyayall laterz peace dudes
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Prometheis - Heavens Tear
    Prometheis - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:cuteas a bm, i am regularly violated by higher lvl barbs (lvl80+). but, BM stuns ****!!! its also a matter of chaining stuns with attacks. for example, do roar of pride, drake ray, fissure, drake bash, highland cleave, drake sweep, aoelian blade and so forth. also, our builds vary. 6-3-1 is the generally accepted barb build. i utilize a 6-3-1 as well, but dex and vit are substituted. not only does that give a bm higher accuracy and crit, but also evasion. i make up for the HP deficit with citrines, refines and a legendary helm. also, spears pwn for PvP. hmmm, now if only the devs would find it in their heart to make meteor rush knock-back opponents in PvP?!b:chuckle