Real Action Event - semi rant

Marhalt - Sanctuary
Marhalt - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
Attention GM type people:

While there is somewhat of a story within Perfect World (War with the Wraiths and all that), there are not really any actual events.

Wouldn't it be a blast if creatures actually invaded Archosaur??

Hurry everyone!!! Save the Cat Shops!!!

Or a 70th lvl mini boss invaded City of the Lost and all of the newbs needed saving.

The above would be simple ideas for events. And if a GM actually controled these bosses it would be even better.

What would be even more involved would be an actual GM controlled NPC. Not just computer controlled, but one that would respond and act in a non-computerized fashion.

One that would tell a story, present a conflict, give adventurers a damsel in distress to rescue, something!!

Could be a simple as a bum on the street, or as complicated as a Princess of Archosaur.

So how about it Staff. Granted PW is a "free game". But how few of us really play for free?

I challenge the staff to entertain us.

Sincerely,

Marhalt
Post edited by Marhalt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ex_Valkyrie - Sanctuary
    Ex_Valkyrie - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ohhh, I was just thinking about that today too! (And it was at the city of the lost also :o!)
    But yeah, that would be neat. :3
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    They had an "attack on Archosaur" event a few months back. They even made it so that lower levels had a designated area to defend, mid levels, and high levels had separate areas.

The idea was really fun. But many people complained that the high levels hung out and killed all the lower level bosses and that there was too much lag, etc etc. People also complained about the timing they decided to do it at, because some Euro players felt left out. Bottom line: people always find something to complain about.

I do miss the lack of in game events lately though. But I wish that when they DID come around, people did not complain as much. Feedback is one thing, unabashed QQing is another b:surrender.
  • Terrant - Sanctuary
    Terrant - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol anyone else remember way back when......

o0O Attack on Archosaur O0o
    Mobs and multiple FB bosses spawing outside Arch gates.

All i remember from that live event was getting slammed with multiple Phys Aoe... watching all the arcane and light armor players die. Then spending about 30min reviving 200+ players (after being revived myself)

Edit: i am slow
  • Kya_Breeze - Lost City
    Kya_Breeze - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol anyone else remember way back when......

o0O Attack on Archosaur O0o
    Mobs and multiple FB bosses spawing outside Arch gates.

All i remember from that live event was getting slammed with multiple Phys Aoe... watching all the arcane and light armor players die. Then spending about 30min reviving 200+ players (after being revived myself)

Edit: i am slow

Was this event before November of last year?
    Power, greed and corruption all lead to unhappinessb:shocked
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    How about they fix how agro/KS works, and make it more liek other games where the first to HIT a mob/boss, gets a "claim" on it, in which they get the kill, unless they die/run/etc

THEN, you space out these mobs, at all different cities, in a seperate instance of the game...

If you want to go fight this event, you talk to the pup in any city, and get teleported into this instance, where level 40 or under players fight outside Lost, level 41-65ish fight outside archo, level 66-85ish fight outside DWP, and level 86+ fight outside 1k streams

You cant teleport to any other cities within this event, and cant get further than X meters away from your designated city until like 3/4 of the event is over

this gives low level players time to kill the low level ****, while making sure the mobs do eventually die even if it means a level 101 has to come down from DWP to do it.

Maybe they should hire me to come up with ideas, FFS
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Moved to the Suggestion Box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I want to say it was in April or May of this year but my timing could be off.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There have been at least three since I started in February
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I want to say it was in April or May of this year but my timing could be off.

i think your right and didn't they do like 2 of them? i can't remember just rememebr the main 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Ethriel - Dreamweaver
    Ethriel - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    How about when doing a wraith event, make two or three at the same time? As Genghiskhan said, put different difficulties in different places at the same time, and smaller levels have a better chance to take advantage of the event, because larger players will (or should) go to an event more profitable for them at their own level.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Attention GM type people:

While there is somewhat of a story within Perfect World (War with the Wraiths and all that), there are not really any actual events.

Wouldn't it be a blast if creatures actually invaded Archosaur??

Hurry everyone!!! Save the Cat Shops!!!

Or a 70th lvl mini boss invaded City of the Lost and all of the newbs needed saving.

The above would be simple ideas for events. And if a GM actually controled these bosses it would be even better.

What would be even more involved would be an actual GM controlled NPC. Not just computer controlled, but one that would respond and act in a non-computerized fashion.

One that would tell a story, present a conflict, give adventurers a damsel in distress to rescue, something!!

Could be a simple as a bum on the street, or as complicated as a Princess of Archosaur.

So how about it Staff. Granted PW is a "free game". But how few of us really play for free?

I challenge the staff to entertain us.

Sincerely,

Marhalt

First, this is a GOOD idea, very good. Secondly, I would just stand by and watch all those cat shops die Muhahahahaaa!...Oh and watch the Red ones for drops.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    "Our internal spy has told us about something going on, something big... the wraiths are getting together with plans to attk... now, they are ready for it, they have a whole army, they plan to destroy our citys!"

... what about thaT? xD

"Old legends have shown us a way though, a spell, a very powerfull one, capable or protecting each of our citys from wraiths,it needs time, but, how much do we have?"

... special thxs to the 300mb pacht that keeps me here

"Aventurers, old and young, we need all your help, we dont have much time, we need to protect the old mages, give them more time, fight for it!"

umm this would have the "old mages" casting the shield inside each of our main citys (Archo, City of lost, Etherblade and City of plume) if the players succed defending the old mages from wraiths we get like double xp week or a bronze hp/mp charm ( the old mages would have a quest for it after they end casting the shield if theyre not dead, quest would be ONLY available for 1 hour after the shield has been finished)

rebirth-like mobs who will aggro everyone who they find, but will enter the city if not aggroed, about 3 hours of constant fight for each city, and we could have a last try of the wraiths left for 30 mins in 1k streams later.

what you think lol?
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Why is it that everyone picks on the untamed? We are people to you know>.<
    why not have them invade Etherblade or Plum.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    because lost city is centrally located on the map, therefore most convenient "major" city for all.

any rate, how about all (GM controlled) world bosses attack simultaneously (with level appropriate, scaled AoE effects so that the lower level players don't get one hit during the event). For this event all players who participate (meaning attack or heal those who are attacking) and are within their own attacking range when the boss(es) die(s) will get equal amount of experience percentage (full level perhaps).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    amazing how my idea gets ignored so easily ... anyway, world bosses gm controlled? that would be hard