Leg vs Nef... Plus Reg!

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Amplified + Seppuku - Leader (Nishtara) elects new Leader and disappeared, guild declined slowly

Amplified + Nef = Nemesis - Was successful until Leader and Officers left due to an in-game Duke Rose exploit, guild imploded
    Both of these werent mergers at all b:sad It was more like
    "Lets merge! But only the amplifieds higher levels kk? The lower lvls gonne get kicked kk? But we're not gonna tell you till we merge."
    This is when the leadership got passed down to me back in January09.
    The pple who jumped to nemesis for a quicker TW, later when it started to crumble, a handful came back but a handful went to join Nef after that :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Amplified + Nef = Nemesis - Was successful until Leader and Officers left due to an in-game Duke Rose exploit, guild imploded

nemesis was a couple nef officers and members and about 20-30 amp members and some other people that had high levels and it got destroyed by the "gold heist" or the duke rose glitch and all the officers moved to private servers and most of those who stayed ended up going to steel
    but up untill that "gold heist" nemesis had a good chance of being a powerhouse D:
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dont rly think "Rebirth" ever merged with regi since leader was thrown to each core member when I was back there and the last person who got it was Teng. He told me he never wanted this and he tried his best to keep "Rebirth" alive but it was to much presure so he left and most people switched over to regi since "Rebirth" and regicide were quite close friends with the members of each faction, I might be wrong but thats how I rememberd it.

I was a core member from the day Darkfate was made until the last few weeks before "Rebirth" ended and left due to "the new members" trashtalking our director and the core members and it was because YzarC had to take lead over "Rebirth" while xAsch was away and Yz's pc crashed the night of the TW bidding and couldnt bid and they wanted her to step down even tho it wasnt her choice to take over. (I thought it was a really bad reason to trashtalk someone for something like that).

Pretty much this. Rebirth died after weeks of faulty TW bids (due to either leader being away or getting outbid). I log on one day (after the weeks of crappy/no bidding for TW) and half the faction was gone. Some left, some went to regicide for somewhat of a merge.

PS. I flipped out the day that I found out crazy was a girl. b:laugh
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited September 2009
    I log on one day (after the weeks of crappy/no bidding for TW) and half the faction was gone.

I can totally relate to that >.>
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Majou - Sanctuary
    Majou - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PS. I flipped out the day that I found out crazy was a girl. b:laugh

SHE WAS? =O!!!!!! damn i missed out on that one D:
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those merges were successful, and they all had the potential to keep growing up until the leader/founder of the faction quit, and transitioning of leadership didn't go as smoothly as it should have.

Ooh ooh! I'll add one!

Alliance + Spyder = oh god worst merger ever
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I wouldnt blame this last change of leadership for the decline of leg. On September 2nd when the packs started coming out about half of the core members quit game right there if not literally than mentally. There was not much left to recover.

Something that was very apparent when I stepped down was that there were few people still interested in putting in work to run the guild after so many stopped caring, including myself. Willow had to act quickly to replace officers and that meant pulling people in. She found those she was able to pull in the quickest.

Also I didn't realize I counted as "a large chunk" since I was the only officer that was once in WiccanWay (though I was in Shockwave for a few weeks as well).

Yea, I certainly don't mean to point fingers or place blame, I just wanted to agree with the statements Dan was making.

I understand the multifaceted decline of Legendary and was as sad and bitter as anyone to see it happen. Personal objections aside, I completely respect that Willow had enormous shoes to fill. I know I certainly wouldn't have done any better in her place.

Here's to the good times, I only hope that all the great people I came to know in Legendary are still having fun and can still look back with the same fondness I feel. b:thanks

Onward and upward!
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    nemesis was a couple nef officers and members and about 20-30 amp members and some other people that had high levels and it got destroyed by the "gold heist" or the duke rose glitch and all the officers moved to private servers and most of those who stayed ended up going to steel
    but up untill that "gold heist" nemesis had a good chance of being a powerhouse D:

I'm sure it had high chances of becoming a powerhouse , steel had some skilled members but it's leadership was total **** . On the other hand nemesis as well as seppuku had good leaders , that were quite good at TW politics and strategies .
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Shockwave + EPIC - Leader (Godsfear) disappears with guild money

The9Kings + Knightz = Ravenous - Leader (Tekkblade) takes leave, guild crumbled

Amplified + Seppuku - Leader (Nishtara) elects new Leader and disappeared, guild declined slowly

Hybrid + Darkfate = "Rebirth" - Largely successful until Leader (xAsch) had his absence due to RL issues, guild declining slowly

Nef + NWO = Steel - Was successful until a few infamous recruits destroyed their Reputation and mass drama, guild imploded

Legendary + Shockwave/Steel - Very successful, no notable problems up until the event packs + coming of new game crippled them. Maybe also leadership disputes

Regicide (Old) - Almost died due to Dreamweaver server coming out/Validus created/Rebirth Gamma, went from 200 to 120 members. Recovered back to 200 over 4 months time.

That is a pretty good compilation of server history.

I smiled a little easier after each of these events >;3.

~~~

The lesson I take home from this is that when people quit, factions die =P.

In my experience, a strong "core" of players doesn't make a lick of difference, in fact, I think that it hurts a faction if the parts are not interchangeable. (As seen in the many failed leadership transitions throughout the Server) That is not to say that you don't want loyal members, simply that you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. For instance, how well do you think Regicide would have fared without TheDan?

Of course, that is easy to say being in my faction, who has people lined up to join. Replacing people (though often with sadness) is the bread and butter of such an operation. This, IMO, is the greatest advantage the "big faction" gets over all others.

I don't pretend to know exactly what other factions should do to increase recruiting interest. However, I do know that the other lesson to take from that little list up top, is that even in spite of results, people's perceptions make a big difference (Steel x_X). This could be applied to Nefarious as well, as we tended to fare better when there was less justifiable hatred (And I know when we deserve it xD).
  • Ravenblossom - Sanctuary
    Ravenblossom - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As the new Shockwave leader i can say we have had our ups and downs and yes we did merge with epic at one time, we have also recently merged with Nefbusters and Detatched, both of which as brought us some of the best players i have had the pleasure of playing with.. So just to let u guys know we are still around and kicking we may not do tw but we have alot of great people in our faction..And unlike most u can ask any of my officers our guild maybe small now but at least we are a family and help each other out as much, also some shockwave members went to legendary and regicide and i hope they are doing well we do miss them in shockwave but they had there reasons same as anyone now that i put my two cents in congrats to leg. nef. and reg. for ur wins in two and keep up the good work guys.
    ravenblossom-leader Shockwave
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    In my experience, a strong "core" of players doesn't make a lick of difference, in fact, I think that it hurts a faction if the parts are not interchangeable. (As seen in the many failed leadership transitions throughout the Server) That is not to say that you don't want loyal members, simply that you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. For instance, how well do you think Regicide would have fared without TheDan?

This ^^ . I'll use leg as an example : the ppl in the faction relied too much on certain members , mainly Milari and Akasera and Mil's departure was the 1st thing to start of a chain of events ( my bad timing on leaving for Outlaw to try and "change the map" didn't help either >< ) that led to a weaker legendary ... and when the faction was trying to recover , the anni packs pretty much killed it :P .
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you all suck a lot of meat balls
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

We'll never be as good as you at that holy-chan b:cute .

BTW hi :) .
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ravenblossom-leader Shockwave

*impressed*

....ok not rly

EDIT:Oh Ayano i killed whoever was on your account and he dropped 2 subs ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *impressed*

....ok not rly

EDIT:Oh Ayano i killed whoever was on your account and he dropped 2 subs ^^

doesn't that get you ban to allow somebody else to play on your account? i remember a gm saying that at some point b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Can I suck your meatballs? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Can I suck your meatballs? b:chuckle
    holys might be a bit...............salty...........b:laugh
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    doesn't that get you ban to allow somebody else to play on your account? i remember a gm saying that at some point b:chuckle

Do I look like I care ? b:cute . Besides this means they'd have to ban allot of ppl :P .
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    nuuuuu but i care b:sad

everytime i see your big boobed pixels it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside b:cute
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited October 2009
    nuuuuu but i care b:sad

everytime i see your big boobed pixels it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside b:cute
    what is it with guys and their love of mammary glans >.>
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    i'll have Ast answer that one b:avoid

i think she's the most suitable to talk about such subjects without making a complete **** of oneself b:victory
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
    edited October 2009
    its easy they exposed themselfs that TW is 1 big trick they work togeter fool the server controll goldprice PK alll i bet half leg nef regi didnt even see this b:laugh just see how they wanted me gone b:angry but i saw it intime they work togeter in a pack verticoli ggone he didnt want agreements so they all went for him its easy to see how this game is manipulated i hope the staff sees it intime too so they can fix it before its the downfall of this company

You forgot to use these "..,.,.,,Shift!???,,,...!!!!.''..!!" They miss you.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    omg!! i just had to juxtapose this
    its easy they exposed themselfs that TW is 1 big trick they work togeter fool the server controll goldprice PK alll i bet half leg nef regi didnt even see this b:laugh just see how they wanted me gone b:angry but i saw it intime they work togeter in a pack verticoli ggone he didnt want agreements so they all went for him its easy to see how this game is manipulated i hope the staff sees it intime too so they can fix it before its the downfall of this company

oh and all hatemails i still have tho ^^ i just hold back allot of proof i still have at hand so bring it ^^

with this:
    If a faction is able to legitimately control the entire Territory Wars map, then this is completely legal as it is ultimately up to the players, as well as opposing factions, to prevent this from occurring.

With regards to a single faction holding multiple Tier 1 territories, that rule is something that was originally in the pieeeeep version of Perfect World but has since been changed. Our version actually never had the rule implemented in the bidding mechanics, therefore, the system is functioning as intended.

gl on ur reset b:victory
    edited October 2009

with this:
    One uses punctuation while the other does not even have a single period mark :D
    edited October 2009

Holy ****. I strongly believe those are 2 different people who typed those. At first I thought you made that second quote up...
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009

with this:

The contents of second quote box was said by a GM. He just copied and pasted. Hatedsoul forming a coherent sentence? Not in this life time.
  • VenusFox - Sanctuary
    VenusFox - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The contents of second quote box was said by a GM. He just copied and pasted. Hatedsoul forming a coherent sentence? Not in this life time.

b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle
  • Night_Bone - Sanctuary
    Night_Bone - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To be honest. Reg is a recuitng faction for Leg.
    Much like Eminence is Nef's Baby faction.

And I need to read the ToS. I beleive I have read that not one faction can own all the City's for more then one or two weeks. With out the Map getting reset.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To be honest. Reg is a recuitng faction for Leg.
    Much like Eminence is Nef's Baby faction.

And I need to read the ToS. I beleive I have read that not one faction can own all the City's for more then one or two weeks. With out the Map getting reset.

You don't know what you're talking about.