Wizard TW Question.

Options
SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver
SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Wizard
Right. SO im wondering if its essential to be a LA to survive in TW Pre 90? I havent TW yet but am thinking of trying it once i lvl up a bit(80ish).Im Arcane at the moment with a few points in Vit.So i jus wana know if i should change to LA to TW until 90.Or stick it out as Arcane? And if i do stay arcane ...will i even survive? Any constructive comments are welcome.tyb:bye (BTW HP atm is 2654 unbuffed PDEF is 2800 selfbuffed.)
Post edited by SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your job in TW is to hit as hard as possible, not exactly survive long. Its easier arcane higher level, but Mage's general duty is to kill the catapult pullers.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Really depends on your server and guild. I'd rather be LA below 90 because it's cheaper to get decent stats and so you don't get oneshotted by every random archer who happens to target you. The damage drop from going LA isn't that big, and is somewhat made up for by the critrate boost. The more phoenixes/BMs/archers you have to deal with in TW, the better LA is. But arcane is better for leveling, so if your guild does fine in TW it's probably not worth going LA.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok..ty for ur input.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well, I've been in TWs since this server started. My first weapon in a TW was still the fb19 reward wand , lol.
    Wizards in TW, like everywhere else are suppose to hit hard, very very hard.
    1. It's more important to take out a cata-puller fast than to take out some random archer here and there. Depends on your guild strategy in TW too, but that's about our main job.
    2. Second in line comes taking out enemy LA users and BMs. undine+(seal if needed)+sutra+rollyourfaceonkeyboard is just a dead combo for any LA/HA user that doesnt have ridiculous amount of HP.
    3. Team play is more important in TW than the gear u have.

In TW you're a part of a squad. If that squad is scaterred over half the map, why the hell are u even part of it? Rambo style is not suited for TW.
    Having a cleric close that can heal when needed and mdef debuff a cata puller is of very high importance. Assisting on your team mates is more important than you taking on some random target cause u have a vendetta.
    In last week TW the BM in my squad was tanking a lvl 97 archer with +10 TT90 crossbow and highly refined gear (+6+7 on everything). The BM was holding ground when I got in-range and when I undined the archer he dragoned him. Archer went down in the next 4 seconds.
    That's what team work does. Wizards are damage dealers, never forget that. We're not built to tank, we don't have skills to tank dmg. NONE. We have skills that can keep us alive enough to kill someone fast. If u can't do that, you're screwed, your team is screwed, your guild is screwed in a tight TW. We can do insane dmg in Sutra, no other class can match us on that. Tick charm, sutra and watch that cata-puller die. Even if u get killed, you did the most important job: SENT THEIR CATA BACK TO THEIR BASE and gave your guild a change to regroup and attack But for this, u need to put out some real numbers when u attk. LA has to rely on lucky crits to do the job. I'll take high constand dmg output over waiting for a lucky crit any day.
    The above mentioned sittuations are why I went Sage in the first place. Chi chi chi chi. I can (with some pots) sutra+hit+ultimate+hit+ultimate every other kill. I can hardly wait to get to 90 so I can use the 2 spark pots from 1k.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SOULFIEND - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    MMM..ok tx Ursa for that,,b:thanks i think il stay pure then ..lol not that im even in a TW Guild but i do wana try TW out..Very Helpfull.tyb:bye
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Also, get holy path. Spark is also fun to use if two or more wizards are zhenning on your target, stacked with undine it'll hurt pretty bad.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.