In game pet peaves

13»

Comments

• WickedSwords - Heavens Tear
    WickedSwords - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1)some random lazy **** noob asking me to power-lvl him/her
    Bonus-if he/she keeps spam in pm's asking me why i refuse to do so
    2)newbies(sometimes even someones alt's) begging in the middle of town for money...(note to any lazy butt out there:you can make at least 10-30k in no time.Even my darn lvl 20+ barb now has 80k for doing only quests and npc-ing DQ and other drops =.=).
    3)catshops all around some important npc(like bounty hunter or OHT npc and its annoying as hell seeing catshops/cowshops parked all around or top of themb:angry)
    4)World chat:its getting insanely annoying when i get to read lot of drama,QQ-BBQ conversations,or some rather stupid announcements that ppl mostly don't care about or random talk that could be nicely lead in pm's instead they are just craving for some attention and making clowns of themselves.(some may say don't read it then,but the reason and whole point is that WC is designated for "worldwide" busyness like trying to sell some item or even wanting to buy one and am unable to do so because of the upper mentioned stuff(and am sure most of people feels the same)).
    5)grammar ****'s:people that are obsessed with grammatically correct sentences(yes its all fine and dandy but most of native speakers around here gotta keep in mind that not all of people are born native speakers so they learn as they play here (bottom line is cut them some slack)).
    6)newbies who are trying to be friends with me just because am "almighty high lvl" (but it can be applied in global meaning as well since am seeing a lot of general chat consisting "LF any high-lvl's to be my friend pm me for adding").
    There are lot more but am gonna refrain from mentioning the rest since this is big enough "wall" for this post :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear
    Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1)
    5)grammar ****'s:people that are obsessed with grammatically correct sentences(yes its all fine and dandy but most of native speakers around here gotta keep in mind that not all of people are born native speakers so they learn as they play here (bottom line is cut them some slack)).

Heh, you know... I do inwardly cringe whenever I see a solid wall of "lolz u suk n00b" ... stuff. I've kind of gotten to a point I can tell the difference between laziness in typing and someone who doesn't have English as a first language. The second sort of player typing doesn't bother me, often they have better grasp of the language than some "native speakers".

And as far as the texting shorthand that makes me cringe, yes, I've had this discussion with my hubby. He's still annoyed by it, but the way I figure this is a free-to-play game, it attracts alot of people who do texting as often as breathing, and the chat window -does- keep long posts from happening. So while I don't like it, I accept it. I've still given coin out to newbies who use complete words though, to say "please" and "thank you" b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Happy are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
  • WickedSwords - Heavens Tear
    WickedSwords - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Heh, you know... I do inwardly cringe whenever I see a solid wall of "lolz u suk n00b" ... stuff. I've kind of gotten to a point I can tell the difference between laziness in typing and someone who doesn't have English as a first language. The second sort of player typing doesn't bother me, often they have better grasp of the language than some "native speakers".

And as far as the texting shorthand that makes me cringe, yes, I've had this discussion with my hubby. He's still annoyed by it, but the way I figure this is a free-to-play game, it attracts alot of people who do texting as often as breathing, and the chat window -does- keep long posts from happening. So while I don't like it, I accept it. I've still given coin out to newbies who use complete words though, to say "please" and "thank you" b:chuckle
    Having slang's could result in saving up the space in games like this(or for someone who is lazy enough to type but nonetheless i do not mind if someone is communicating like that (as long as person that talks with me ain't trying to be rude)).As for noobies i do help out to those that needs(we all were noobs once but i believe most of us did it normal way instead of being obnoxious,annoying and extremely rude and disrespecting),but like in any place or game its only a good will of others to help and not someones command to do so(for instance that some newbies demand help).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sardonic_Imp - Sanctuary
    Sardonic_Imp - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thing I hate most is when a player/s see's that you have begun killing a mob then comes over and jumps in on your kill then says "oh so sorry i didn't see you killing it".... Yeah right, poor excuse.

Several times i have been solo'ing a boss and players have come over and jumped in on the kill then asked if i want help or afterwards they say "oh i thought you needed help"..... duh, if i wanted help would i not have asked before starting to kill the darn thing.

Players who cant handle fair trading and will go out their way to sabotage your trades/cat shops even so far as to acuse you of harrassing them... Time somebody grew up.

Players who use "I am a Disabled Person" as an excuse to curry favor from others in any online games for any number of reasons.
    Time is meaningless if not spent wisely.
    Life is short, so do as much as you can now before you run out of time but dont forget those you care about whilst your running around. If you treat life with respect, tehn life will provide you with all you need. If you disrespect life, then life will leave you behind.
    Just because you like to say it does not mean you have to type it.
    For some its so much easier to criticize others whilst hiding behind their own flaws. When all else fails, use a Hammer!!
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Any class that over buffs you when you just finished buffing and you know your buff is a higher level than theirs..

The best part is when this happens more than once in a row, and you have to buff two and three times.

Idiot tanks who feel that the cleric should just take care of them and they can run and do what ever the hell they want.
    Idiot Venos who lure when no one is attacking and wonder why the party let them die.
    Idiot wizards- who died at low levels because no idiot wizards make it to high levels.
    Idiot cleric who listen to the idiot barbs.
    idiot Blademasters with egos so big you have to invite it to the squad
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    umm, ppl speaking other languages on common chat. for one, it hurts my brain, also

THE GAME WRITTEN IN ENGLISH!!! IT USES AMERICAN WORDS!!! ITS AN AMERICAN SERVER SPEAK ENGLISH DAMMIT!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    BMs who don't understand what it means to work with a veno and rush in on bigger groups than is generally safe. Also, the rare but frustrating barb with BM syndrome.

People riding circuits on land mounts and farming every mat in an area over and over even if there're people grinding there who could use it.

People repeatedly trying to tell me how to play my class or to get a better pet. I've been a veno for 73 levels; I know what I'm doing in most cases, and I'm well aware that the pets I'm using aren't statistically the best ones. Do you really think there're any venos who have any idea what they're doing at 7x who don't know herc is the best tank in the game, etc, etc, you should get one and farm TT for money for nix, etc, etc? I simply chose not to because I really don't care for herc and it annoys the hell out of me when people can't respect the pet choices I've made because I like them--I'm playing the game to have fun.

9xs who PK when the mob I'm fighting is at is at 1/8 health. You're gonna two-hit me either way, it's not like I'm a 9x heavy veno, could you wait until I get the kill in? I don't mind people trying to PK me in most cases, but that's just annoying.

BH squads that never talk or if they do just all business. I'd almost rather have a wipe with a fun squad than have a perfect run with this kind. It's no fun at all.

In the same vein, people who can't be bothered to type "mari" when talking to me instead of "veno." It's the same number of letters and feels x10 more impersonal to be called by class name. Or worse, use "wf." I'm a venomancer, not a werefox. Call a LA or HA veno a werefox if you must, but when the extent of what I use fox form is is purge in PvP and amp on bosses, don't call me one. You're on PWI--if you love PW-MY names so much, go back and play it.

People who make too big a deal about being PKed. It's a PvP server--yes, getting owned by a 9x sucks when you're six or 7x, but I once saw a cleric spend like 20 minutes complaining about a 9x BM PKing at a 5x wraith spawn in common chat. Complain a little if you want--preferably in whispers or faction or squad chat--I do it too, as illustrated by my annoyance with being hit before I finish the mob, but... don't turn it into a mountain, especially since you have a whopping 1% chance to drop anything if you're white. Being PKed is a minor, minor annoyance compared to exp loss from death to mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Factionmates who ask for money to start a faction
    =________=
    Or just anyone who asks for money to start a faction; If you can't afford to start a faction, odds are it's going to be ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Ferrissia - Heavens Tear
    Ferrissia - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh, boy, ok, I'm going to rant here. o.o

As a cleric, you have alot of people who walk up to you and TELL you to buff them. Just because I am a cleric does not mean you can order me around or that I am only a tool for you. I am a player same as you. Like you my skills (buffs and all) require mana which I NEED same as you to perform attack skills and such while questing. So first thing you could do is ask nicely and move on IF I decline for whatever reason. Then there's the ones who ask specifically for party buffs...I think if you're gonna bug a cleric for party buffs then you should be willing to ask nicely and maybe even give them a few mana potions for the trouble seeing as party buffs require a few THOUSAND mana to cast. If a ccleric doesn't want to party buff you it's because they don't want to waste their mana charm party buffing random people who aren't even helping them thus wasting their mana and money.

As an ex-92 EP (cleric) from PW MY I have ran into this very annoying situation: Get two cleric for an fb/TT party so if one dies the other can ressurect him/her. However, you get two 70+ clerics, one having level 10 ress while the other has only level 1. Therefore, if the cleric with level 10 ress dies they get a ****ty full loss ress while the other would get his/her good ress. I know as cleric we cannot ressurect ourselves, but you should level it out of courtesy to other clerics you will party with because you are the only ones who can help each other.
  • jokoada
    jokoada Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Nice posts, all. b:chuckle Just about encompasses everything.

Here's a pet peeve for those who use vent or ts.
    Have you ever just wanted to tell someone to "stfu" or comment ... "Whoa, dotm!"? b:shutup

Yeah ... it gets pretty old with some of the blathering that goes on.

Also, falls under the category of tmi, drama, ...
  • Freyis - Heavens Tear
    Freyis - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1. Doing an FB39 getting to Farren and telling the tabber to stay back (especially if they are low level) and them ignoring you and everyone else in the squad and then getting themselves killed and Farren dies before you get a chance to res them cause the Cleric is busy healing everyone else.

2. People who think just cause I don't have a herc I can't tank this especially annoys me when whatever I am tanking is lower lvl than me and lowbies in my squad are complaining that "it'll take forever" or they are "gonna die".

3. Duke shouts; I didn't mind them before the anniversery packs but now I wish we could kill the Duke b:chuckle or at least turn them off somehow.

4. Barbs who don't know how to let me lure when there are multiple mobs yes I understand you can probably handle it if the cleric is focused solely on you but there are other people in the squad and you can't always keep all the aggro so a cleric's attention is split between multiple people. Plus, your wasting the cleric's MP let others in the squad help.
  • Pandakeet - Harshlands
    Pandakeet - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Not too many like beggars, but I appreciated this moment...

I was broke, level 11, and some cat lent me 1000 to teleport. Of course he was decked out in gear so I assumed him a good choice. Peeves or not, things like that in the game are nice for new players who don't know wth is going on

Don't hate all of us financially unstable players
  • BloodReap - Dreamweaver
    BloodReap - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1. blind friend invites
    2. blind faction invites
    3. high lvl people hanging out in starter towns and dueling lvl 1 people. (get a life)
    4. people who cant get off their mounts for 2 secs to go to the bank and instead cause lag for everyone else