Can someone tell me are good BM skills for Sword/Blade BM?

Slaystar - Sanctuary
Slaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
I am a sword/blade BM and I have been told I need to rethink my skills can someone tell me what r good skills and what r bad skills for a sword BM and maybe even a good build. ty b:thanksb:thanksb:victoryb:thanks
Post edited by Slaystar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am a sword/blade BM and I have been told I need to rethink my skills can someone tell me what r good skills and what r bad skills for a sword BM and maybe even a good build. ty b:thanksb:thanksb:victoryb:thanks

Hey there. I am about your level, and my build works spectacular for me (I am also a sword BM). I have around 30 vit, 202 str, 160 dex, and 3mag.

I have maxed my Myriad Sword Stance, Sprint Moves, Aura, Aelion Blade, Roar, Drakes Ray, Fan of Flames, Drake Sweep, Stream Strike, Atmos Strike, Spirit Chases, and the Tiger Leaps (And Sword Mastery but that is definitely a given).

My Alter Marrows I kept about level 5 so that I wouldn't sacrafice too much defense one way or the other.

I can't quote for you a specific way to bring things down, or any major combo. This is because BM's have such a variet of ways to fight that your game plan has to change depending on the situation.

Well, there's my 10 cents worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well as a sword/blade bm, I can say that the 7x levels were indeed one huge pain in the ****. I have heard that they get better in the 8x+ levels. Which I am just now getting into.

I capped my vit at 50, and until the mid-late 70's (74/75ish+) 50 vit sufficed but it was very noticable to me how much I lacked hp/the ability to take on more then one mob at a time, let alone solo a magic/melee mob, it was just too difficult/annoying, nearly made me scrap my bm, whcih I did NOT want to do. This class is by far my favortie to play, but it was still reall annoying how difficult things were.

I am now capping my vit at 70, then rerolling later on to put some of the vit, into the str, and dex, am trying to go 3 str, and 2 dex from now on, but that's easier said then done.

Axes are pretty good for both pvp, and pve, but swords are for solo combat, which makes it difficult for them to survive the 7x levels, no matter what skills they get. All of the skills sword bm's get are very situational, and if your not careful they could **** you and your teammates over.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey there. I am about your level, and my build works spectacular for me (I am also a sword BM). I have around 30 vit, 202 str, 160 dex, and 3mag.

I have maxed my Myriad Sword Stance, Sprint Moves, Aura, Aelion Blade, Roar, Drakes Ray, Fan of Flames, Drake Sweep, Stream Strike, Atmos Strike, Spirit Chases, and the Tiger Leaps (And Sword Mastery but that is definitely a given).

My Alter Marrows I kept about level 5 so that I wouldn't sacrafice too much defense one way or the other.

I can't quote for you a specific way to bring things down, or any major combo. This is because BM's have such a variet of ways to fight that your game plan has to change depending on the situation.

Well, there's my 10 cents worth.

holy **** those are exactly my stats o.o with +5 more mag but thats cuz of my legendary belt......hmmmmm i guess once i max fist and axes im pretty much set up for blades O_O
  • Slaystar - Sanctuary
    Slaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    tyvm guys b:thanksb:thanksb:victoryb:victory
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Take up Pole path too, and learn to hunt range classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥