Leg vs Nef... Plus Reg!

Shredclaw - Sanctuary
Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Ok, wtf has happened? A couple weeks ago, Leg and Nef were almost equal, locked in the stalemate that has gripped the land for several months. Now a third faction has two territories. And Leg is getting pwned. It's the apocalypse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, really. Does anyone know how this happened? I heard that there was some kind of drama going on in Leg, and I know that there was a leader change recently, because I just saw the new lead yesterday.
I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
And I am not afraid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shredclaw - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    oh a few things happened

one was a couple weeks or so ago(maybe logner i have trouble remember exact dates)

but when both nef and leg hit a little bump(back when dreaming obtained a territory)

Nef REcovered However leg did not so much

Both were still the strongest factions
    But nef began to take territory's away from leg steadily

which was one part

The more recent problem was a combo of the anniversary event
    and the uhh" game that must not be named" xP

which caused alot of higher levels in leg to leave
    meanwhile Reg has been steadily gaining strength

which led us to just these past two weeks where in which we acquired two territorys
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    oh a few things happened

one was a couple weeks or so ago(maybe logner i have trouble remember exact dates)

but when both nef and leg hit a little bump(back when dreaming obtained a territory)

Nef REcovered However leg did not so much

Both were still the strongest factions
    But nef began to take territory's away from leg steadily

which was one part

The more recent problem was a combo of the anniversary event
    and gradual gold increase before that
    and the uhh" game that must not be named" xP
    and the change of leader
    and the appointment of new officers on not-so-fair rumored terms

which caused alot of higher levels in leg to leave
    and migrate to the next TW-ing factions, mainly nef, regi +enelysion, dreaming, lionsoul etc
    also make their own original factions

meanwhile Reg has been steadily gaining strength

which led us to just these past two weeks where in which we acquired two territorys
    added somethings, possible true or untrue are quoted rumors.
    Money related things and losses make a big faction crumble fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think a lot of it is simply PWI burnout after lvling char to 90 or 100.Then you go out and TW would really make anyone to burnout.This why lvl cap would be nice.Reg may have territory but whose did they go after yeah the weaker guild.I see others going after Leg. which makes me to believe what really going on.I only see one other guild going after Nef.s Territory as they have no challengers.

I wonder where those who are going after Leg. are getting their coins from?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think a lot of it is simply PWI burnout after lvling char to 90 or 100.Then you go out and TW would really make anyone to burnout.This why lvl cap would be nice.Reg may have territory but whose did they go after yeah the weaker guild.I see others going after Leg. which makes me to believe what really going on.I only see one other guild going after Nef.s Territory as they have no challengers.

I wonder where those who are going after Leg. are getting their coins from?

PWI does have a level cap it's 105

And ofcourse we're going to go after the Weaker guild
    If you have a chance to take a land then you take it!

We're not going to attack nef simply because no one else is
    this is war and tactics are needed
    Nef has proven time and time again that even in the face of three
    stronger guilds they are able to defend them all successfully

and are you saying that nef is bribing all of the others guilds?
    that's sad really..
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    oh a few things happened

That was like months ago not weeks , lol.

And...damn , you guys said everything I wanted to say already ,booooo :D .

Here's a really short explanation : lots important leg members got bored/fed up with the game and quit while nef and regi ppl kept playing.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Here's a really short explanation : lots important leg members got bored/fed up with the game and quit while nef and regi ppl kept playing.

QFT. Regi after the recent event and hike in gold prices suffered a total loss of maybe 5-6 individuals, if that. The rest either took semi-breaks, in which they still did dailies and saved up some cash, or took it all in stride and kept charging forth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    exactly what aya wrote

and ppl moved on to regi from leg bcuz i know theres some of us that still wanna see nef fall and the only way to do it is to join the next powerful guild which happened to be them
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    exactly what aya wrote

and ppl moved on to regi from leg bcuz i know theres some of us that still wanna see nef fall and the only way to do it is to join the next powerful guild which happened to be them

And with that movement will come people pointing their fat little fingers, ridiculing these players for playing the game they want to play.

ya'll should get a life and stop concerning yourselves with other people's actions....even if it's the closest resemblance to human interaction you'll probably get b:bye
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Samthesmile - Sanctuary
    Samthesmile - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The weird part is is that these last two weeks both Nef and Leg are going against Regicide in pk. They squad and chi ....who would have tought this...
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    exactly what aya wrote

reg fight nef? lol. that will never happen until all of legendary's lands are gone.
    weeeeeeeeeee lets all join reg to fight nef guys since legendarys crumbling! owait why do i see only legendaries in tw b:puzzled b:question
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    reg fight nef? lol. that will never happen until all of legendary's lands are gone.
    weeeeeeeeeee lets all join reg to fight nef guys since legendarys crumbling! owait why do i see only legendaries in tw b:puzzled b:question

well i personally wanna fight nef... but that not really my decision b:surrender
    and i said i wont fight in TWs if im attacking leg, but i will defend
  • VenusFox - Sanctuary
    VenusFox - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2009

you're kidding right? up until a couple weeks ago all regi did was fight Nef.. its only bc leg is looking a bit weak that they r going after leg..
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    not couple weeks venus they always follow LG's tail to atk us every weeks, they start atk LG now cuz they know LG is falling and weak b:avoid
    edited September 2009
    not couple weeks venus they always follow LG's tail to atk us every weeks, they start atk LG now cuz they know LG is falling and weak b:avoid
    Well whatever the real reason is, the truth is that they only got a WHOPPING TWO CHOICES to choose from, to attack. Either one. Or the other.
    TBH i think Regi switched attack from nef to LG a the time RIGHT BEFORE when YOU guys were wobbling too, really a few months back lucky for you saves the QQing. If alot of things hadnt come together, maybe regi would have still been on you.
    LG could be weaker now. But another reason could be fighting LG is more fun? who knows. LG wasnt exactly KNOWN for their steamrolls, and in the end, win or loss, its enjoying the game is what counts. Pple do tend to ignore the ones who dont fit their standards of fun in a game.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Well whatever the real reason is, the truth is that they only got a WHOPPING TWO CHOICES to choose from, to attack. Either one. Or the other.
    TBH i think Regi switched attack from nef to LG a the time RIGHT BEFORE when YOU guys were wobbling too, really a few months back lucky for you saves the QQing. If alot of things hadnt come together, maybe regi would have still been on you.
    LG could be weaker now. But another reason could be fighting LG is more fun? who knows. LG wasnt exactly KNOWN for their steamrolls, and in the end, win or loss, its enjoying the game is what counts. Pple do tend to ignore the ones who dont fit their standards of fun in a game.

"Remembers , yet again , SW vs LG tws where no1 rushed to finish " .

Yes I said it again , in your face holy !!! b:sin , I hope you read this :P .
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Regicide was attacking Nefarious because they were allied with Legendary. So with one of the two factions holding land being an ally, you can only attack the other. However, this alliance dissolved.

Legendary is weak. Yes. No. Obviously, not as weak as everyone thinks it is because they seem to be only losing to Regicide and Nefarious (one week they didn't even bother to show up to defend against Nefarious).

Also, it's hard to keep your members when there is very little respect between them, as quoted from a friend who stayed in Legendary for two days before she couldn't stand it any longer.

It's sad watching your original faction fall so hard. b:surrender
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
    edited September 2009
    Regicide was attacking Nefarious because they were allied with Legendary. So with one of the two factions holding land being an ally, you can only attack the other. However, this alliance dissolved.
    They TRIED to ally with LG. Time and again Dan has explained on the forums how he TRIED but the leader of LG backed out on him at the time. There was an ATTEMPT for alliance but in reality it did not carry out. After that Regi has stated it is clearly not allied with any faction.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Legendary is weak. Yes. No. Obviously, not as weak as everyone thinks it is because they seem to be only losing to Regicide and Nefarious (one week they didn't even bother to show up to defend against Nefarious).

Also, it's hard to keep your members when there is very little respect between them, as quoted from a friend who stayed in Legendary for two days before she couldn't stand it any longer.

We had agreed on a joint attack on Nef after failing to get Milari/Destroyer_X to cooperate with us, but we were far from allies. As soon as Legendary felt they could solo Nefarious we were no longer needed in the equation.. so no further communication from that point, and we went our own way. Sudden leadership changes without warning gave us further confusion on Leg's motives.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    It's sad watching your original faction fall so hard.

That's very true now ,it is sad but back when you left leg was doing very well . It was the legendary ,like Ast said ,we all know and love b:cute .

K , since I hear allot about this let me say this about Milari . She was one of the most kindest persons in the server and really took care of the factions needs in mostly everything but PVP related things . This was the only thing she never liked , and TW is one major PVP aspect of the game so she probably tried to avoid talking about it too much .

You can't expect some1 to be perfect though . Later on , Aka got ranked high enough to make up for what mil lacked making an awesome duo leadership. Too bad it didn't happen sooner but things don't always go as ppl want to .
    edited September 2009
    its a bit sadder watching pple bail so fast too... 'because my friends went there' popular quotes :O
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Xoria, do us all a favor and get your facts straight before you start posting random thoughts that enter your head and flow straight through your fingers while typing.

Regicide has never had any ally, since I joined at level 7x. Ever. Just because a faction openly admits to intentionally slot with a stronger faction to gain an advantage does not mean they are allies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Xoria, do us all a favor and get your facts straight before you start posting random thoughts that enter your head and flow straight through your fingers while typing.

Regicide has never had any ally, since I joined at level 7x. Ever. Just because a faction openly admits to intentionally slot with a stronger faction to gain an advantage does not mean they are allies.

Oh my, a bit of a nasty tongue there. Rumors are rumors and it very well seemed an alliance since the two were scratching one anothers' backs.

Also, Risen, do us all a favor and be a bit more civil? All you had to do was say "No, Xo, Regi never had an ally. It was just a rumor. :) Thank you." b:surrender They should teach some manners in school, I swear.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    They should teach some manners in school, I swear.

They should also teach ppl like you not to speak in the name of a crowd unless each of them approves with what you say which every1 knows it's not the case here . It make's innocent ppl look bad as in you know , get accused of something they never said.

EDITED ( From another thread) :
    Ahh, sorry then. I'm speaking for myself then here and the above post.

Now that wasn't so hard was it ? Maybe now we can get along .
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    exactly what aya wrote

That is still not enough to take on Nef and they do have an ally.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • tatu3110
    tatu3110 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "Successful factions don't just emerge from no where. They must be built from the ground up. It takes time, effort, and organization to reach the top." - TheDan

and its seen in the recent past that any guild who tried to merge and build up always had to falll some how ... SW merged with epic. Regi + Rebirth ...... at the end u have to build up ur core no matter what.. and core members cant be found from merges but from the ones who have been there with u ever since day 1....
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    tatu3110 wrote: »
    "Successful factions don't just emerge from no where. They must be built from the ground up. It takes time, effort, and organization to reach the top." - TheDan

and its seen in the recent past that any guild who tried to merge and build up always had to falll some how ... SW merged with epic. Regi + Rebirth ...... at the end u have to build up ur core no matter what.. and core members cant be found from merges but from the ones who have been there with u ever since day 1....

I seem to be your main topic of discussion even when I'm offline at school lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those merges were successful, and they all had the potential to keep growing up until the leader/founder of the faction quit, and transitioning of leadership didn't go as smoothly as it should have.

Just how I see it, against correct me if I'm wrong:

Shockwave + EPIC - Leader (Godsfear) disappears with guild money

The9Kings + Knightz = Ravenous - Leader (Tekkblade) takes leave, guild crumbled

Amplified + Seppuku - Leader (Nishtara) elects new Leader and disappeared, guild declined slowly

Hybrid + Darkfate = "Rebirth" - Largely successful until Leader (xAsch) had his absence due to RL issues, guild declining slowly

Nef + NWO = Steel - Was successful until a few infamous recruits destroyed their Reputation and mass drama, guild imploded

Amplified + Nef = Nemesis - Was successful until Leader and Officers left due to an in-game Duke Rose exploit, guild imploded

Legendary + Shockwave/Steel - Very successful, no notable problems up until the event packs + coming of new game crippled them. Maybe also leadership disputes

Regicide(old) - Almost died due to Dreamweavor server coming out/Validus created/Rebirth Gamma, went from 200 to 120 members. Recovered back to 200 over 4 months time.

Regicide(present) Regicide + Rebirth - I'll leave this one open to discussion if you'd like to answer this one for me.

Core members can come from anywhere, and normally the old members who have been here since the start, very few still play. New members replace the ones that are gone. Core members can't really be calculated by any quantitative measure, as they are just your opinion by the merit in which they build by contributing to hold together the faction's core.

So a large chunk of Nef Officers actually came from Outlaw, and a large chunk of Leg Officers came from 7Sins/NWO/Regicide/WiccanWay. The truth is, most players from the larger guilds can't say that it was their first and only faction.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I seem to be your main topic of discussion even when I'm offline at school lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all those merges were successful, and they all had the potential to keep growing up until the leader/founder of the faction quit, and transitioning of leadership didn't go as smoothly as it should have.

Just how I see it, against correct me if I'm wrong:

Shockwave + EPIC - Leader (Godsfear) disappears with guild money

The9Kings + Knightz = Ravenous - Leader (Tekkblade) takes leave, guild crumbled

Amplified + Seppuku - Leader (Nishtara) elects new Leader and disappeared, guild declined slowly

Hybrid + Darkfate = "Rebirth" - Largely successful until Leader (xAsch) had his absence due to RL issues, guild declining slowly

Nef + NWO = Steel - Was successful until a few infamous recruits destroyed their Reputation and mass drama, guild imploded

Amplified + Nef = Nemesis - Was successful until Leader and Officers left due to an in-game Duke Rose exploit, guild imploded

Legendary + Shockwave/Steel - Very successful, no notable problems up until the event packs + coming of new game crippled them. Maybe also leadership disputes

Regicide(old) - Almost died due to Dreamweavor server coming out/Validus created/Rebirth Gamma, went from 200 to 120 members. Recovered back to 200 over 4 months time.

Regicide(present) Regicide + Rebirth - I'll leave this one open to discussion if you'd like to answer this one for me.

Core members can come from anywhere, and normally the old members who have been here since the start, very few still play. New members replace the ones that are gone. Core members can't really be calculated by any quantitative measure, as they are just your opinion by the merit in which they build by contributing to hold together the faction's core.

So a large chunk of Nef Officers actually came from Outlaw, and a large chunk of Leg Officers came from 7Sins/NWO/Regicide/WiccanWay. The truth is, most players from the larger guilds can't say that it was their first and only faction.

QF an unfortunate T. b:surrender
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

Never though amplified somewhat merged with sepp as well .

Didn't know this amplified merged with some nefs to create nemesis either , the nemesis guys were an interesting bunch , I was usually fighting against them in pk and I was sometimes teaming with nefs against them , sadly when we started talking more and got to know a few better the duke rose exploit took place >< .

Credit goes to Vert , MissB and the vert-worshipers . If I think about it I used to team up with some nefs against steel too , lulz :P .
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dont rly think "Rebirth" ever merged with regi since leader was thrown to each core member when I was back there and the last person who got it was Teng. He told me he never wanted this and he tried his best to keep "Rebirth" alive but it was to much presure so he left and most people switched over to regi since "Rebirth" and regicide were quite close friends with the members of each faction, I might be wrong but thats how I rememberd it.

I was a core member from the day Darkfate was made until the last few weeks before "Rebirth" ended and left due to "the new members" trashtalking our director and the core members and it was because YzarC had to take lead over "Rebirth" while xAsch was away and Yz's pc crashed the night of the TW bidding and couldnt bid and they wanted her to step down even tho it wasnt her choice to take over. (I thought it was a really bad reason to trashtalk someone for something like that).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    QF an unfortunate T. b:surrender

I wouldnt blame this last change of leadership for the decline of leg. On September 2nd when the packs started coming out about half of the core members quit game right there if not literally than mentally. There was not much left to recover.

Something that was very apparent when I stepped down was that there were few people still interested in putting in work to run the guild after so many stopped caring, including myself. Willow had to act quickly to replace officers and that meant pulling people in. She found those she was able to pull in the quickest.

Also I didn't realize I counted as "a large chunk" since I was the only officer that was once in WiccanWay (though I was in Shockwave for a few weeks as well).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html