Help for weapon (lv80+)

SweetNicole - Harshlands
SweetNicole - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
Hi all b:bye

I'm lv 78 hybrid archer and I'm planning on what weapons I will use from lv 80.
now I have an Unicorn +3 - 2 sockets (2 flawless garnet shard).
I hate crossbow cause they're too slow and slingshot too cause I want my pg look fine, so I want to use only bows.
I looked for a Crimson Horn but I also saw that I need 2 Golden Spirit to craft it b:surrender
I don't want to spend real money on anniversary packs and also I can't buy spirits cause of high price. I also can't ask my guild make TT every time to drop them (I know golden spirit is a rare drop..) b:shocked

So these are my questions...
1. What can I do?
2.Can I use Unicorn +3 till lv 90 when i'll use Dragonbow (TT90 bow)? (I think grind will be difficult..)
3. Is Dragonbow a good weapon? What other bows are available and don't need eccessive money and fatigue?
4. Give me some advices plz b:shedtear
Post edited by SweetNicole - Harshlands on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just cut the **** and use crossbows and/or slings. Problem solved.

Or you could farm Mysterious Chips to buy yourself the Golden Spirits.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Aeldur - Lost City
    Aeldur - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just cut the **** and use crossbows and/or slings. Problem solved.

Or you could farm Mysterious Chips to buy yourself the Golden Spirits.

^ This ^
    Definately
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why use a unicorn? It's good for nothing other than establishing mediocrity.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well if she needs to shift to crossbows at this point, she would need to get the TT60 crossbow followed by the TT70 crossbow in order to make the TT80 crossbow.

The crossbow path is pretty complex considering you have various options. So basically to have a good life of your crossbow the following paths would be good. There are other options but these seem like the longest paths.

Crossbow Path

Swiftwind Crossbow [60] -> Option 1 or 2

Option 1: (My personal choice if I ever play that long to reach those levels)

Thundercrack Crossbow [70] -> Flash Fire [80]

-> Dream Crasher [90] -> Falling Star [99]

OR

-> Blinding Radiance [90]-> Flashing Glory [99]

Option 2:

Spirit Breath [70] -> Soul Freeze [80] -> Abomination [90] -> Soul Crusher [99] or Soul Snatcher [90]

Now for the slingshot path,

Slingshot Path

Striker [80] -> Striker: Glare [90]

Existence [95] -> Haze Dispeller [100]

Although you might have a better weapon progression with the crossbow path, it seems like a more expensive solution. On the other hand slingshots maybe a more viable option as they start only at lvl80 and kind of have only one option to go for. Therefore if you're gonna stick to bows later on and just need something for lvl80, go for the slingshot striker and forget about how it looks. This would be the easiest I guess.

As for looks Bow > Cross Bow > Slingshots. Hence considering the looks, longevity and characteristics of each of the 3 weapons, I would choose crossbows to strike a good deal of balance.

More experienced archers are free to correct any mistakes made by me.
  • SweetNicole - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    As I said I hate crossbows (too slow) and I think sling an archer outrage.
    I will never use them another time.
    If u all think that, I think I'll use Unicorn till 90. If I want to play I play with something I like and I wont play with something i hate b:angry
    And I never asked advises for crossbows or sling.

If someone have some advises on bows I accept them.
    Tnx
  • Akash - Harshlands
    Akash - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think you can use your Unicorn if you insist on using a bow ;) You could look here-->

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=240812

(altough they dont give other options at lvl 80 besides xbow and slingshot.. and the bow you want is pretty expensive as you can see)

I would keep the unicorn ;) Try to get the mats for your 90 bow already ^^

Nice to see you on the forum SweetNicole :)

- Akash

ps. Your unicorn isnt that bad, you refined it pretty well.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you obtain Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher, it can be used in your early 90s.

If you are too poor to afford CH:S, you can try crafting ☆☆☆Solar Strike Bow and hope you get something nice. This requires you to have Blacksmith of 6. You can use this until you obtain a Dragonbow at level 90.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Unicorn is one of the worst weapons I have ever seen people use and yet half the archers I see use one. Theres a reason its so damn cheap, no one in there right mind would want one. It's basically an average bow with some +phy attack. The only other modifiers it has is some +accuracy and if your an archer and you need +accuracy then your doing something wrong.

I have the Soulsmasher and I love it. Do what it takes to get it, it's well worth the effort.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I would definitely NOT suggest using Unicorn all the way to 90. It is, frankly, a rather mediocre weapon. Still, since you insist on using a bow, I don't really see any other alternatives to the CH:S. There simply are no other good bows, except the Broad Land, which is even more expensive/rare/difficult to get. No boss appears to drop 3-star Solar Strike Bows, so you'd have to try to make it yourself, and even then it'd take some pretty nice bonuses to be comparable to the Unicorn.

About the only thing I can suggest is that Golden Spirits are probably as cheap now as they'll ever be, due to Chip Boxes being obtainable using Tokens. You can probably get them for 3m or so each at most. I bought two at 2.5m each in AH a week or two ago, but resold them at 3m a few days later.

The rest of the mats are farmable, assuming you have friends or a faction that can do so. Feng's Iron Bars will run you 7-800k each if you buy them instead.
    edited September 2009
    It should also be pointed out that you cannot make any coin back from crafting Solar Strike Bow (aside from decomposing into Mirages). This is because nearly everyone else is willing to use crossbows and/or slingshots for their 80s. Thus, no one will buy a mediocre bow.
    edited September 2009
    I think you can use your Unicorn if you insist on using a bow ;) You could look here-->

(altough they dont give other options at lvl 80 besides xbow and slingshot.. and the bow you want is pretty expensive as you can see)

Nice to see you on the forum SweetNicole :)

- Akash

ps. Your unicorn isnt that bad, you refined it pretty well.

Tnx Akash u always quote me b:kiss

It will be difficult, I don't deny this but... I decided I wont use cross or sling.
    It isn't impossible reach 90 with a lv 70 bow, nothing's impossible, and if I hate and don't want to use crossbows and slings I can only use my bow. Mediocre or not I don't care of this. I don't want pk players and I only need a decent weapon for grind and help in FrostcoveredCity, Rebirth and TT.. hoping to lvl up fast b:laugh

Anyhow tnx all for help b:bye
    edited September 2009

(This is directed toward Lady Akash)

I think you are misunderstanding that guide.

Wind and the Clouds is much, much better than Unicorn for grinding, which is why you can use it in the 80s.

Nowhere in the guide does it state that you can use Unicorn in the 80s.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

Wind and the Clouds is much, much better than Unicorn for grinding, which is why you can use it in the 80s.

Heck, Unicorn is too pathetic to make the cut either way.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Unicorn shouldn't even be used in the 70s. I had a unicorn for a while and never used it except for one thing, and that was to decompose to get the souledge for my soulsmasher.
  • Akash - Harshlands
    Akash - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Call me mister Akash, because im a guy (yes a female archer, i ****:victory)

They say that it is a better bow for grinding, i understand that. I also understand Why it is a better bow. But I put the link for the guide not for the part about the unicorn, but about the overview of crossbows/bow you have there.

A slingshot is better for PvE, that is a fact. But common.. who the **** want a slingshot? Ur an archer ******ned, not a cute little kid, playing with a slingshot O.O I played with a slingshot when i was 5, now gimme a decent bow, or crossbow to ****.

So i can understand why Nicole doesn't want a slingshot. I can also understand why she doesnt want a crossbow. Only thing left is the Unicorn and w8 till lvl 90. Or, .. try non-legendary/TT bows and try a 3 star bow posted here above.

And.. i think you guys are getting too harsh on the Unicorn.

True, its not the best weapon. True, accuracy isnt rly something you want as an attribute, but its faster then the TT60, if you refine it even had a decent phys attack and it is cheap b:victory 200K~250K and you can get an Unicorn. Even more cheap than then TT60 hahaha.

I myself got a unicorn AND a Thundercrack. Im gonna stell the unicorn though, im more a pvp archer and Thundercrack is better for that.

Anyway,! I know SweetNicole from Harshlands and I think i know a little bit better what she wants :]
    edited September 2009
    I think that enough people have pointed out that Unicorn is inferior, but she does not care. If she wants to sacrifice her damage output for the sake of looking good, whatever.

If the only complaint about crossbows is the speed (and not the looks), another option is to get -Interval gear so that your crossbow speed matches a normal bow speed.

This involves either obtaining (1) Bracers of Blood Moon, or (2) obtaining a normal bracers with -0.05 Interval and 5k reputation to buy the rank 4 light armor. If you do either of these, your crossbow attack speed will match your current bow attack speed (assuming you do not have interval gear now).

Akash - I misunderstood your post. I assumed your second sentence was directly related to your first sentence.
    edited September 2009
    A slingshot is better for PvE, that is a fact. But common.. who the **** want a slingshot? Ur an archer ******ned, not a cute little kid, playing with a slingshot O.O I played with a slingshot when i was 5, now gimme a decent bow, or crossbow to ****. So i can understand why Nicole doesn't want a slingshot. I can also understand why she doesnt want a crossbow. [...] True, its not the best weapon. True, accuracy isnt rly something you want as an attribute, but its faster then the TT60, if you refine it even had a decent phys attack and it is cheap b:victory 200K~250K and you can get an Unicorn. Even more cheap than then TT60 hahaha.

I really quote. U understood what I wanted to say.
    I myself got a unicorn AND a Thundercrack. Im gonna stell the unicorn though, im more a pvp archer and Thundercrack is better for that.

U know me.. and u also know I hate kill ppl, in fact I kill someone only in rare cases.. or TW b:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    This involves either obtaining (1) Bracers of Blood Moon, or (2) obtaining a normal bracers with -0.05 Interval and 5k reputation to buy the rank 4 light armor. If you do either of these, your crossbow attack speed will match your current bow attack speed (assuming you do not have interval gear now).

I spent a lot of money to craft my Armor of Griaving Sorrow and also to imbue Flawless Citrine Shards so I don't want to use Rank IV armor.
    edited September 2009
    I spent a lot of money to craft my Armor of Griaving Sorrow and also to imbue Flawless Citrine Shards so I don't want to use Rank IV armor.

Wait, you are willing to look like a yellow peac0ck, but you are not willing to use a slingshot?
  • touchmail
    touchmail Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's funny how people look down on the slingshot.

+4 W&C with Braces of Blood Moon, plus Adv Spark and Relentless Courage = **** all Mobs, Arcane and possibly LA, with just a stun shot and normal att all the way.

And the best humiliation a person can get is getting beaten by a Child's Toy. So don't look at it as something what will humiliate you, but as something you can use to humiliate others.

70+ archers with Unicorn will lose terribly to a 70+ archer with same refined W&C anw.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    True, its not the best weapon. True, accuracy isnt rly something you want as an attribute, but its faster then the TT60, if you refine it even had a decent phys attack and it is cheap b:victory 200K~250K and you can get an Unicorn. Even more cheap than then TT60 hahaha.

I got my Wind and the Clouds for 250,000 coins and slapped a free Flawless Garnet in it and refined it to +3. The damage difference between the two would be about 100 or so on the weapon, with W&C being 0.77 atk/sec and Unicorn being 0.67 atk/sec.
    If the only complaint about crossbows is the speed (and not the looks), another option is to get -Interval gear so that your crossbow speed matches a normal bow speed.

Not an optimal option, but wouldn't the TT80 gold Bracers also do? Also, with the Scroll of Tome, you could get the Love: Up and Down, which have Interval -0.05 on it, along with Crit +1% and Dex +13. Of course, getting Bracers of Blood Moon is far cheaper, unless you happen to be a cash shopper right now.

Also, the crossbows aren't really that slow. Yeah, 0.63 atk/sec, but with Int - 0.05 you get that up to 0.65, or to 0.67 with Int 0.1. Either way, it's either slightly slower or equal to any bow with no -interval.

And yes, I really don't understand the people who go all antsy about slingshots being "toys".
    Wait, you are willing to look like a yellow peac0ck, but you are not willing to use a slingshot?

Betchu the answer is "fashion".

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    btw...anybody seen one of those mold bows for 8x? you know...what was it called...Guardian of the Realm...how do you even get that?

and ******mit whats wrong with the yellow peacock? better than fish >.>
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited September 2009
    Not an optimal option, but wouldn't the TT80 gold Bracers also do? Also, with the Scroll of Tome, you could get the Love: Up and Down, which have Interval -0.05 on it, along with Crit +1% and Dex +13. Of course, getting Bracers of Blood Moon is far cheaper, unless you happen to be a cash shopper right now.

I am operating under the assumption that if she cannot afford CH:S, then she cannot afford TT80 Gold Bracers. Actually, she won't be able to afford Bracers of Blood Moon, but I felt the need to suggest it anyways.
    Also, the crossbows aren't really that slow. Yeah, 0.63 atk/sec, but with Int - 0.05 you get that up to 0.65, or to 0.67 with Int 0.1. Either way, it's either slightly slower or equal to any bow with no -interval.

Crossbows are a tenth of a second slower per attack. It is noticeable.

Actually, I also notice it when I take off my Rank 4 armor (-0.05 Interval). My attack duration goes from 1.30 seconds / attack up to 1.35 seconds per attack (0.77 attacks / second down to 0.74 attacks / second). That twentieth of a second is actually noticeable.
    btw...anybody seen one of those mold bows for 8x? you know...what was it called...Guardian of the Realm...how do you even get that?

and ******mit whats wrong with the yellow peacock? better than fish >.>

Scuba diving starfish vs yellow wild turkey... hmm...
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

Well, according to PWDatabase, it drops from various mobs at 0.0008% chance or from Legion General: Snowlarer. So yes, there's a good reason why it's not exactly common, the mold is one of the rarest items in the game.
    I am operating under the assumption that if she cannot afford CH:S, then she cannot afford TT80 Gold Bracers. Actually, she won't be able to afford Bracers of Blood Moon, but I felt the need to suggest it anyways.

Being picky about things and being lazy kinda results in suck.
    Crossbows are a tenth of a second slower per attack. It is noticeable.

Actually, I also notice it when I take off my Rank 4 armor (-0.05 Interval). My attack duration goes from 1.30 seconds / attack up to 1.35 seconds per attack (0.77 attacks / second down to 0.74 attacks / second). That twentieth of a second is actually noticeable.

I had the "pleasure" of running into an Archer using Unicorn in a BH I was in. Using Wind and the Clouds myself, it was kinda obvious that I was a lot faster.

edited September 2009
    Being picky about things and being lazy kinda results in suck.

My thanx, Sir Olba, for making my day =)
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    My thanx, Sir Olba, for making my day =)

Ahem... did I just up my social status to the level of Sir Isaac Newton, Sir Elton John and all the other Sirs of the Great Britain? Darn, sure feels good. And by the way, here's a good read on Blessed With Suck.

Now where's that coat of arms that needed cleaning?

• Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't know where this conception that the Unicorn sucks comes from, the math doesn't support it.

Unicorn

580-1076
    +72 Phys
    +178 Accuracy
    Nimble
    .67 att/sec

Thundercrack

524-1222
    +139 Max Phys
    +10-11 Dex
    .63 att/sec

Factoring in the bonus damage mods gives the following Phys attack ranges:

Unicorn 652-1148

Thundercrack 524-1361

Giving us the following average damages:

Unicorn 900

Thundercrack 942.5

When attack rate is factored in we are left with following average DSPs:

Unicorn 603

Thundercrack 594

Well, what do you know, the Unicorn actually outdamages the Thundercrack. b:shocked

As someone who has used a Unicorn through all of the 80's, I can say it's certainly possible. Mine has been refined and sharded to a rather extreme level (+7, Perf/Immac Garnets) and has served me well as a poor man's Crimson. I picked it up in AH for a fraction of what a Soulsmasher would have cost me.

I'll be hitting 90 in a couple of days and have a decent Dragonbow lined up to hold me over till L95 (and sweet Lunar bliss b:victory), so I'll be putting it back up for auction soon if anyone is interested.
  • LordRaptor - Heavens Tear
    LordRaptor - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    GET CRIMSON HORN!!!!! u can get 5 mio. just save ur money. Crimson horn is a really good bow.
    Equipment
    ☆Armor of the Assassin
    ☆Decaying Snow Shinguards
    ☆General's Bracers
    ☆Skywalker Shoes
    ☆Broad Land
    ☆Attendance Ring
    edited September 2009
    I don't know where this conception that the Unicorn sucks comes from, the math doesn't support it.

My thanx for enlightening me, Lady Valirah.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wind and Clouds is 617-926, +108 max, for 617-1032 at 0.77 per second. That comes out to 635 average damage per second or so, without taking into account the +8-9 dex. Thus, Wind and Clouds still is superior to both for raw damage purposes.

Also, does that calculation comparing the Unicorn and Thundercrack factor in the effect of the additional +10-11 Dex? I believe that would actually put the Thundercrack marginally ahead in damage output. I can't recall the formula for the effect of Dexterity on damage.

However, sockets and -interval gear also have a greater effect on faster-firing weapons compared to slower ones. Yet another argument in favor of Wind and Clouds, though it does help the Unicorn more than the Thundercrack.

Still, thanks for running the numbers. Apparently the Unicorn isn't as bad as it may seem. I still prefer my Wind and Clouds though, despite how silly it looks.