question on drop rates

Tangianna - Sanctuary
Tangianna - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I use the Perfect World Database to help me determine what mobs drop the materials I want and I usually go for the ones with the best drop rates for my level.

However for the past 3 weeks or so it seems like the drop rates for materials has gone down. It takes forever to gather 10 drops of any material and this does matter what level char I use, at least until level 48. I've tried different monsters at different locations looking for different materials (like oils or glues) with the same poor luck. Is it just me or are my exectations too high?

To give you an idea of the number of monsters I go through, my 48 veno leveled 4 pets to get 7 compound oils off of Centipod Lords.

thank you for your comments.
Post edited by Tangianna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've noticed that the amount of HH drops has gone down significanlty lately, at least for me. I did a HH2-2 run for Mane of Consumer of souls and Feng's Iron Bars. Got 1 mane and 1 bar.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Same here, I can never get stars to drop on a TT2-2b:cry

3-1 is lagging in drops too, got like 4 drops total last runb:sad

My luck?, or TTs are nerfed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _icup - Harshlands
    _icup - Harshlands Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Drop rates haven't went down, I know this because there the same like any other day really you should know if the mob isn't around your level then the drop rate is lowered.

Also when doing HH runs you half to realize if the people in your squad aren't around your level the drop rate is also lowered if you don't believe me run TT1-1 with someone who just turned level 60 see how low the drop rate is.
    Be best to run things like this with people near your level, or I could be wrong and they nurfed the drop rate but I highly believe that.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Same here, I can never get stars to drop on a TT2-2b:cry

3-1 is lagging in drops too, got like 4 drops total last runb:sad

My luck?, or TTs are nerfed?

3-1 always had a much lower drop rate then earlier TTs. You can look at PWdatabase to verify. I dont know why this is, but its always been the case. There's only a 9% chance for Beast to drop, over 9 drops. So thats a decent chance it wont drop any beast armors always.
    Drop rates haven't went down, I know this because there the same like any other day really you should know if the mob isn't around your level then the drop rate is lowered.

Also when doing HH runs you half to realize if the people in your squad aren't around your level the drop rate is also lowered if you don't believe me run TT1-1 with someone who just turned level 60 see how low the drop rate is.
    Be best to run things like this with people near your level, or I could be wrong and they nurfed the drop rate but I highly believe that.

TT bosses are [?] level. For drop rate, [?] mobs are calculated as lvl 150. This means you'd need to go over level 150 to start nerfing the drop rate on the bosses. Since that wont ever happen, its impossible to nerf TT bosses based on squad member levels.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009

OMG REALLY!!!

I've done a lot more HH runs than you and I know that recently bosses in HH have been dropping a lot less mats.

and the bosses are level ? which means your characters level or any of the people in your squad's level does not affect drop rates.

Also, whats a nurf?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • _icup - Harshlands
    _icup - Harshlands Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    OMG REALLY!!!

I've done a lot more HH runs than you and I know that recently bosses in HH have been dropping a lot less mats.

and the bosses are level ? which means your characters level or any of the people in your squad's level does not affect drop rates.

Also, whats a nurf?
    Lmao i was kinda tired when saying that your right sorryb:surrender
  • Tangianna - Sanctuary
    Tangianna - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm going to answer my own question. I did some math and it turns out that for grinding by myself the drop rates are probably not changed. It just takes longer to fight each mob and there fewer quests to break up the monotony. Here's my math.

Each pet at lvl 48 has 1300 exp. Times 4 that's 4200. Each pet earns 15 exp so long as I fight at my lvl or higher, which I was. That's 4200/15 = 347. If the drop rate is 3.5% then that could give me, on average, 12 drops of the item I want.
  • killermcd
    killermcd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I used a lvl 8 Barb to kill the lvl 8 turtles that drop hay at a rate of 24%. 221 turtles later, I still only had one hay and a new lvl barb. Should have been alot more don't you think?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've noticed that the amount of HH drops has gone down significanlty lately, at least for me. I did a HH2-2 run for Mane of Consumer of souls and Feng's Iron Bars. Got 1 mane and 1 bar.

Last run we got 4 dust of stars and 2 mane.... Also yesterday, we got 3 gold drops, giant beast shell, feng's steel armor and giant apes palm... sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Last run we got 4 dust of stars and 2 mane.... Also yesterday, we got 3 gold drops, giant beast shell, feng's steel armor and giant apes palm... sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

^ This. I ran a 2-2 the other day, got a palm, 3 ape skins, 2 or 3 manes, like 6 bars, and I don't remember what else.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    killermcd wrote: »
    I used a lvl 8 Barb to kill the lvl 8 turtles that drop hay at a rate of 24%. 221 turtles later, I still only had one hay and a new lvl barb. Should have been alot more don't you think?

Except, you know, it's not 24%. According to PWDatabase, it's about 5% of items, or about 3% of kills, that are hay. Admittedly, on average 220 kills should have gotten you 6-7 hay, but that can just be chalked up to bad luck.

Also, the more low levels you have in your squad, the BETTER the drop rate ought to get, if anything. Though this shouldn't apply to TT bosses, due to being level 150. I've heard various methods that claim to improve drop rates, such as having lowest level deal the final blow, but can't really comment on their effectiveness.