E.P.I.C.S. L.I.S.T.: Finding what you want just got Easy.

Zalum - Heavens Tear
Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
I came up with this idea all on my own.

Easy Price In Cat Shops Location In Simple Tracking (E.P.I.C.S. L.I.S.T)

It is a Program That keeps Track of all the Cat Shops, and lists all the cheapest prices for items, all you have to do is type in the name or look for it in the filter.... the Epics List then finds what you want and where it is for the cheapest amount of cash, will even let you auto nave right to the person that is selling it.

All of you with Exspenceive items will wonder "what the **** what about my items that i want to sell at super high prices.

No fear^_^ the "Millionaires Club" Tab will be there as well and give people the option to find you, and in addition there should be a Price search avalible for people that want something with in such and such a price.

works like this.

Walks into Highly crowded city, Pull up your Epics List. and this will pop up.

[Items] [Fashion] [Other Items][Millionaires Club] [Auctions] [Search] [in my area][Quests]

Click on items
[Items]
[Weapons] [Armor] [Ornament] [materials] [Mounts] [Charms] [Misc] [Quick Search]
--type [Level Restrict ON/OFF]
---List of the type of what you asked for that is on your level, the price of the item, and a click tab to where to go and auto nav to that person if you want....also lists what ever else they are selling...if level restrict is of the it will show ALL the items in the area that are at the best price.

[Fashion]
[Male] [Female] [Search]
- [Holiday] [Rare] [Normal] [color]
--[Chest] [Wast] [Arms] [Legs] (if comes avalible) [Head] [Fashion Weapon]
---Lists the cheapest, and where they are at, and anything else you asked for as in colors and such.

[Other Items]
- Lists any of the other items that don't fit anywhere like oricals and such. and where they are for the best price.

[Millionaires Club]
Has the same lists as above but lists all the other prices and such that are not the cheapest and where they are at and such

[Auctions]
Just like a auction person but you can't Bid or Put up for bid anything, you have to buy the Long Distance Auction stone for that from the boutique and have it put in.

[Search]
Have any thing in particular you want and have good spelling skills.... just put it in and shops will apeare that sell what you want and where it is and for the best price.

[in my area]
Click and all the items for the lowest price will come up on a list with in the area of youe min map and where the person is with auto nav.

[Quests]
Haveing a hard time finding Quest items or things you need for a quest.... just click and all the shops selling the items you need for any quest you have active will apeare.... just click and find^_^

An Official Adminark Idea- Making your life easier if we can.... and because we can ^_^
Post edited by Zalum - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i think they are trying something like that with the auction house
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It already exist. It's called Auction House.

Your poll is missing the option "I should look more into the game before making suggestions."b:chuckle
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Not if you are on the go and don't want to be in a Aution house....

This is for Cat shops not for people throwing **** in just to see if people buy it.

Also it is pre programed to alredy know what quest items you need.....

It will also find players selling the items and what not.

the Auction thing is realy just so you can look at whats going on when out of town or in a dungen.... as if for say you want to see the latest price on your items.

It will also exslude any items that are not for sale..... so what you see is what you get, if the item is not for sale in any cat shops then it will not appear and hence you know it isn't there.

besides it would be nice not to have to look in every little cat shop just to find out the item isn't there.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It already exist. It's called Auction House.

Your poll is missing the option "I should look more into the game before making suggestions."b:chuckle

This.

Zalum, you should really play the game some more before you come up with more suggestions. To be frank, most of them are pretty useless and/or will never ever in the game's lifetime be implemented.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This.

Zalum, you should really play the game some more before you come up with more suggestions. To be frank, most of them are pretty useless and/or will never ever in the game's lifetime be implemented.

^this^ b:laugh
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the Auction thing is realy just so you can look at whats going on when out of town or in a dungen.... as if for say you want to see the latest price on your items.

There's auctioneers out of town and inside instances? Since when? O_o

Ya know, a sign of a bad idea is when you spend more time thinking of a name for it than you do thinking about how it'll work. You took the idea of the auction house, applied it to cat shops, and then thought of a long name you could turn into an acronym. Not a recipe for a good idea.

Edit: Just read the voting options. So anyone who doesn't agree with you is greedy and trying to sell overpriced items? Alrighty then, I guess I should get the words "Greedy ****" tattooed on my forehead then.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    NO Just NO you are not grasping it!!!

What this does is makes short work of haveing to go looking through every little cat shop in a big city.... and it will also show you where the cat shop selling it is, then you can go to it with out haveing seach through 500+ cat shops.

And updates to this will include Area Info about all the monster, their spawn times and, what they drop and the chanced of them dropping it. as well as Farm items and such in the area so if you are looking for a certain item like say you need a nectar plant.... put that in it tells you how many nectar plants are in the area and when the next ones will pop up so you can get to them.

It is a Tool to make everyone's life easier....

Now for all of you that are PK's you can have a thing on there that tells you a users levle or atleast tells you if they are good prey or not and if they can over power you or not.

For people that are looking for rare pets..... it will find them for you..... with a Rare Hunter Stone.... it will tell you what rare items are droped from what monsters..... of course you would have to buy that from the shop.
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its not a bad idea i think for the quest items filter but the rest is still okay quite acctable. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Its not Eion anymore its Unknown]
    Done by ForsenX
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Thanks finaly.... *sigh* some one with a brain^_^

Lets be friends.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    NO Just NO you are not grasping it!!!

What this does is makes short work of haveing to go looking through every little cat shop in a big city.... and it will also show you where the cat shop selling it is, then you can go to it with out haveing seach through 500+ cat shops.

And updates to this will include Area Info about all the monster, their spawn times and, what they drop and the chanced of them dropping it. as well as Farm items and such in the area so if you are looking for a certain item like say you need a nectar plant.... put that in it tells you how many nectar plants are in the area and when the next ones will pop up so you can get to them.

It is a Tool to make everyone's life easier....

Now for all of you that are PK's you can have a thing on there that tells you a users levle or atleast tells you if they are good prey or not and if they can over power you or not.

For people that are looking for rare pets..... it will find them for you..... with a Rare Hunter Stone.... it will tell you what rare items are droped from what monsters..... of course you would have to buy that from the shop.

See this, right here, this is called pwi database. It's a simply wonderful website that tells you were things drop, where mats spawn, the percent drop rates, and other such nice things. And if you don't want to look up where a mob that drops a quest item is, you can go to your quest list, and click on the green name of the item you need, and you'll auto path to the nearest area.

EVERYTHING IN THIS IDEA IS ALREADY EXISTS!

It's either the auction house, the database, or the quest list. If you don't want to look through a bunch of cat shops, then buy it from the auction, with it's nice little listing of buy-able items. Most of the items in the game can be purchased from here, and it's really easy to find one. Even if your not in a town at the exact moment, it's not too hard to portal to the nearest town, then teleport to somewhere with an auctioneer.

As a side note, I find you choice of poll options to be really bad. You either like it, or are a greedy individual. Where's the simple "no, I don't like it" option?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
    edited September 2009
    Zalum, I think you are new to the game and are excited about making suggestions.

However, I would like to repeat the suggestion play the game more and read some of the past discussions. Almost all your suggestions either already exist in some form or have already been suggested, debated and shot down.

PWE has limited resources to improve the game and making a large number of pointless suggestions doesn't help the really important ones get taken care of.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As long as that list thing makes tea and scones you have my vote.

The rest of the things you suggested are already available in game, except for the tea and scones making.... dang, now I am hungry.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver
    Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why not just institute a Goddess Assistance Agency? Then a goddess will come down and give you any item in any quantity for free.
    I am Belldandy, Goddess 1st Class, Unlimited License.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why not just institute a Goddess Assistance Agency? Then a goddess will come down and give you any item in any quantity for free.

Does that include tea and scones?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I feel stupid... but I can't remember what a scone is....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I feel stupid... but I can't remember what a scone is....b:surrender

It's like a small cake / bun thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver
    Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Sure, why not? b:laugh

Scone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scone_%28bread%29
    I am Belldandy, Goddess 1st Class, Unlimited License.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's like a small cake / bun thing.

Thank you! b:thanks Why didn't I think of wikipedia lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not if you are on the go and don't want to be in a Aution house....

besides it would be nice not to have to look in every little cat shop just to find out the item isn't there.
    All you're say is that you're lazy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AscendedKing - Sanctuary
    AscendedKing - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I really can't imagine where you are going with that idea. Next are you gonna ask for a system that lvls you while you sleep? It sounds like what you are asking for is a miracle maid/secretary for everyone in pwi. Where do ppl come up with these things?
    From the darkness of the abyss, ascends a new king.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Well it is better than wasting your time looking though a cat shop if you need a item now, and I tried a shout out for a item, no one replied.

So thats why we need something like this....for those of us that may or may not be on a timed Quest or need a item ASAP.
    edited September 2009
    Well it is better than wasting your time looking though a cat shop if you need a item now, and I tried a shout out for a item, no one replied.

So thats why we need something like this....for those of us that may or may not be on a timed Quest or need a item ASAP.

Maybe you should stop wasting your time making so many uninformed suggestions in the forum, bumping your own threads, and instead play the game first.

I don't think I have seen your level increase much, if at all in the last few weeks. *facepalm*
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've seen a bunch of posts flaming the OP, and claiming that it all exists in the game, and that the OP should play a bit more before making suggestions.

OK, here's my view:
    A cat shop price scan does not exist, it would be awesome if something like that could be created, and yeah, I suspect the people most put off by that suggestion would be the scam shops selling blemished stones as commons, or DQ items as Lunar Insignias. I cannot quite imagine why any genuine buyer or seller would be upset enough by the idea to start flaming the OP or derailing the thread.

No, the auction house is not the same thing: Many people sell stuff in kitty shops cheaper than AH listings, because AH has a fee and a house percentage skim. Also, some things are simply not worth putting in AH because the AH fee ends up comparable to the expected sale price. Been there, tried that, NOT done that.

The rest of the sub-suggestions might be of debatable merit, but the kitty shop auto-scan I would be willing to pay 5 gold for, no questions asked.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
    edited September 2009
    I've seen a bunch of posts flaming the OP, and claiming that it all exists in the game, and that the OP should play a bit more before making suggestions.

OK, here's my view:
    A cat shop price scan does not exist, it would be awesome if something like that could be created, and yeah, I suspect the people most put off by that suggestion would be the scam shops selling blemished stones as commons, or DQ items as Lunar Insignias. I cannot quite imagine why any genuine buyer or seller would be upset enough by the idea to start flaming the OP or derailing the thread.

No, the auction house is not the same thing: Many people sell stuff in kitty shops cheaper than AH listings, because AH has a fee and a house percentage skim. Also, some things are simply not worth putting in AH because the AH fee ends up comparable to the expected sale price. Been there, tried that, NOT done that.

The rest of the sub-suggestions might be of debatable merit, but the kitty shop auto-scan I would be willing to pay 5 gold for, no questions asked.

The issue isn't that Zalum's posts aren't without some merit. The issue is most of these suggestions have already been suggested, and most if not all of them are not implementable due to the development cost required vs player benefit.

If the game was not structured in the beginning to have these kind of features it would be a huge undertaking to do it.

I mean look how long it took them just to add the missing categories in the auction house. A simple keyword search in the AH also seems to be far from being reality.

This is why the OP is being flamed. He is making suggestions that are so far out of reality in being implemented that it is a total waste of time.
  • BrawlerBarb - Heavens Tear
    BrawlerBarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    most if not all of them are not implementable due to the development cost required vs player benefit.

If the game was not structured in the beginning to have these kind of features it would be a huge undertaking to do it.

I remember a lot of people flaming people who suggested or asked for a new class, or an underwater-specialized class. The word "impossible" was frequently used in responses on those threads. Some rather uncomplimentary words were bandied about a bit too, in trying to put down the OPs of such suggestion threads, I seem to recollect.

I would really love to see someone collect a set of links of all such "cannot be done" posts, and post this as a pre-release celebration of the new classes announced recently. Of course, those who shouted "impossible" will not have the dignity to eat crow and admit they were wrong.

I am not saying that a kitty shop search is easy to implement, nor am I taking the opposite stance, that it would be impossible. All I am saying is, there is a very useful, incredibly valuable gem of a suggestion in the OP's post, hidden amidst the other, not so great ones. Also, it's a suggestion, not a demand the OP makes, so my vote is with him / her.
    edited September 2009
    I remember a lot of people flaming people who suggested or asked for a new class, or an underwater-specialized class.

Additional classes is the number 1 suggestion on the stickied suggestion thread. Under "Player". Maybe you should also go through that thread to see how much has already been suggested long in the past.

Additional classes is something that is a logical progression, it happens on most other MMOs, it provides opportunities for PWE to make more money. It probably would have happened even without suggestions.

As I said before the OP is inexperienced and doesn't bother to go through all the previous suggestions. He just throws everything he can think of at the wall. If that kind of thing is supposed to be helpful then I will butt out. To me and to some others they are just irritating spam suggestions.

Besides this suggestion will never be implemented even if it was easy to code. Why? Because it would make it very easy to manipulate the market. Example: If I wanted to corner the market for Dull Claws, just do a search, buy all the Dull Claws in existence then re-sell them for whatever price I wanted. The inefficiency of Catshopping actually helps the poorer player who is willing to browse find good deals.
  • Belgarath - Heavens Tear
    Belgarath - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Additional classes is the number 1 suggestion on the stickied suggestion thread. Under "Player". Maybe you should also go through that thread to see how much has already been suggested long in the past.

Additional classes is something that is a logical progression

It is impressive how easy it is to sound knowledgeable by benefiting from the fact that hindsight is always 20-20.

The point remains, that suggesting "new class" was one of the surest ways to get flamed by know-it-alls shouting "infeasible" or "impossible", back in the day.

Oh, and maybe I and other posters have gone through "that thread" and several hundred other suggestion threads, back then, as well as more recently. A presumption that posters have not, does paint a clear picture of your position.
    edited September 2009
    It is impressive how easy it is to sound knowledgeable by benefiting from the fact that hindsight is always 20-20.

The point remains, that suggesting "new class" was one of the surest ways to get flamed by know-it-alls shouting "infeasible" or "impossible", back in the day.

Oh, and maybe I and other posters have gone through "that thread" and several hundred other suggestion threads, back then, as well as more recently. A presumption that posters have not, does paint a clear picture of your position.

You are entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine. My opinion is that Zalum needs to play the game more than he makes suggestions.
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You are entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine. My opinion is that Zalum needs to play the game more than he makes suggestions.

and msot of the suggestion is kidna already in or there is something else out there that goes along with the suggestion i do agree with you i point of view is on a subject like this play the game look around ask ppl if there is something like this and then post a suggestion on what ever my idea is. not saying anything bad but i haven't seen a lvl 70+ post anything about a idea like this yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Belgarath - Heavens Tear
    Belgarath - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    and msot of the suggestion is kidna already in or there is something else out there that goes along with the suggestion i do agree with you i point of view is on a subject like this play the game look around ask ppl if there is something like this and then post a suggestion on what ever my idea is. not saying anything bad but i haven't seen a lvl 70+ post anything about a idea like this yet

The kitty shop search suggestion is one I like. It's brilliant, it's anti-scammer, and frankly, it isn't so easy to "buy up all of a given item", as others will simply farm more of that item then.

I'm 76, by the way... Not sure why my avatar does not show it.