Comments

• Naviboy - Lost City
    Naviboy - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    whats a dq item?
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dragon Quest item, i.e. dull claws, element fragment, etc.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    uhh u no im kinda a noob playing for 4 days only whats grind and fb and what is auctionb:shockedb:shedtear
    idk what ur r saying
    whats a dq item?

wow... only 5 posts and 3 of those makes up A TRIPLE POST~!! b:shocked
    bad Naviboy bad... Magic Hamster is not amused...

grind = killing monsters for no purpose other then to kill them for their basic drops and exp.
    FB = dungeons where you go to kill a boss for your spiritual cultivation and later for your daily bounty hunter quests.
    Auction = Auction it doesn't get much more clearer then that. If you still don't know what it is. Go look it up in a dictionary. If that doesn't help...it's a place to bid for items and to sell items by placing it up for bids. You access it through the auctioneer found in the major cities.

You'll know what DQ items are by the words Dragon Quest (XX) in the item description. XX being a level number.

Also i'm assuming your 2nd post was in response to a private message or something? DO NOT REPLY TO PRIVATE MESSAGES IN A THREAD. it's annoying no one wants to read it.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lol, I can't believe this guide has helped me from the first time I've read it... I rarely tele now (and gosh, its saved me more than I can think) and yeah. b:laugh I still love this guide whatever people say sometimes! b:victory

*from your previous level 9 newby*

Hope b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • solamnie
    solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i got a question: what should i do with my mirage celestones? should i sell them at catshop or at auctioneer?
  • solamnie
    edited September 2009
    really ty to your help, but i need help, the forums don't help me enough: i want to lvl faster!!, what should i do, i already do questsb:shocked
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Keep your mirages, or auctioneer them. Catshops have too much competition for those imo.
    For training, just do your quests and kill stuff if they didn't level you. Later, you'll get more to do, like daily quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solamnie
    edited September 2009
    ty, i really hope it helpes
  • Arrant - Lost City
    Arrant - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm only level 19, and a lot of the stuff said isn't really going to help all that much. Do you know a way I can get a lot of money so like I can get mounts and stuff?b:thanks
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i guess i should grind alone more because im an archer and if i party with a blademaster or barbarian, hey usually ge all the drops because they are closer to it!
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    also tyvm for this guide. i really need money so i can help my guild get the upgrade. aso i noiced once i hit lvl 30 im saving money because i dont need to pot when i fly!
  • Toxicus - Harshlands
    Toxicus - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    One of my favorite ways to make money, is the auction house!

I gather mats as often as they come into my path, but i won't go out of my way much to gather something. This typically leaves me with small stacks (2-10)of a bunch of different mats!

My advice is, unless you can leave your computer on overnight or while your gone, NEVER USE CAT SHOPS TO SELL ITEMS!!
    The reason i say this is because (as many of you already know) you can drop stuff in the auction house and just walk away (hoping that) in 24 hours it (should/will) be sold!

Take 30 minutes of your time to run around West Arch and check prices of Cat Shops for the items you have to sell. Get an average price by remembering the high and low prices you've seen. Then take your items to the Auction House, and take 15% off of the average price. Post the auctions - Go on about your day!

Common Sense PS - Never sell stuff on the auction house that you can't make at least 2000 coin from, otherwise its just not worth it with the auction fee's.

And im sure that someone else has explained this in the 38 pages this thread has gone to, but here are the main reason(I believe) to avoid DRAGON QUESTS!
    - Dragon Quests take alot of time and travel to do! That same time and traveling can be used for questing/grinding which will not only accumulate you MORE OVERALL XP, but also MORE OVERALL SPIRT AND COIN AND ITEMS in the longrun!
    - Dragon Quest items may be frequent drops, but 99% of the time, you'll have a harder time finding the PRECISE items you need to complete the quest. This typically ends up with the player purchasing said required items, hence spending more of your coin that you want to SAVE!
    - Dragon Quests are NOT REQUIRED to level nor do they open up any other quest lines! Ignoring them will NOT hinder you from progressing as a character!
    - Taking into account the previously mentioned facts, Dragon Quests tend to be more of a headache than anything, and this is a feeling felt by a MAJORITY of players that understand them! You play this game to have fun, not pull your hair out over some stupid non-required quest!

Sell your DQ items to NPC's!

And thats my .02 cents!
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    whats a mat?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i guess i should grind alone more because im an archer and if i party with a blademaster or barbarian, hey usually ge all the drops because they are closer to it!

Most squads will do random drop distribution, that means no matter who picks it up the person in the squad that gets it is random. Just make sure they do agree to random before you squad.
    whats a mat?

Materials that you harvest with the pickaxe. Logs, herbs, steel, coal. etc
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hmm i like how i say that to ppl ingame.. all that u just said.. they think im crazy... but some actually listen, maybe if they see it in writing their IQ wud rise!
  • metalslayer
    metalslayer Posts: 1
    edited October 2009
    I try consignment shop, dont work safety code active WHY?
  • Peace_out - Lost City
    Peace_out - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Just a quick question, whats the going rate for ig cash to gold at the moment?
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Just a quick question, whats the going rate for ig cash to gold at the moment?
    check the gold trading in auction house for ur server prices gold to coin ratio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Peace_out - Lost City
    Peace_out - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    check the gold trading in auction house for ur server prices gold to coin ratio

thanks a lot lol
  • Narin_ - Sanctuary
    Narin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think it's at... 280k right about now? I dont really remember. lol.

A lot of people who get massive amounts of cash and arent venos do farm, or they just sell and buy specific things. buy something at like 2k sell it at 3k. In bulk? That makes you a lot of money. Ummm... *clothes addict* Ive spent several mil on clothes, so she's probably right. I do sell them though, and if I dont buy from an NPC catshop or the AH You can normally get the price lowered.
    Also: Blue glowing weapons, green glowing weapons, yellow, and red glowing weapons ARE better than normal ones. Better stats, higher hit numbers.
    Citrine shards are totally worth buying, but not until you've got armor that you'll keep for a while. <3 my extra like.... 300-400 +HP from citrines. xD 1 more hit squishy archer can take. As for money making, sell stuff. And I reccomend buying a land mount; they really help with mat farming.
  • Roansollis - Heavens Tear
    Roansollis - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Holy ****,nice guide even tho i already follow those rules b:dirtyb:kissb:cute nice
  • gjinja
    gjinja Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm new & yet I can see this is a great basic guide, much of it is just common sense to real gamers (wasting $$ on teleports, etc)...

I suppose I'll eventually learn but I have no idea what "grinding" & "fb" isyet...

but thanks for the guide! :)
  • mynameistal
    mynameistal Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm new here and only at lvl 3, I came here for finding a quest guide...
    But the guide is cool(I have understood only half..)
  • Arcane_Max - Harshlands
    Arcane_Max - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks!
    Now i'm building my gold faster
  • p3ter
    p3ter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thx that saved me lots of $$$! i am new btw and the first week i wasted like 500k so thanks again b:victory
  • kakarito
    kakarito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    One thing I think PWI should fix, is that teleporting froma major city to Archosaur costs 3,000, but if you teleport out to a major city, it's only 1,000
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Great job on making this guide.
    I already did most of the things and i'm still broke (lol xD), but that's because my skills are just too expensive >.>

As example, I found a really good dq grinding place (near King's Feast) which is great when you're around lvl 60. I had to kill the monsters there for a quest and i got really much dq items. I made like 150k in just half an hour by selling those dq items.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Faithera - Dreamweaver
    Faithera - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well this guide is really great
    well except most of farmlands good for blad/barb class,

i have celeric and she cook easly by phy dmg or gang jump
    unless they are all posionous kind,

so no good farming so far for my class

is there any u can suggest

How to make a little bit:
    I have a Venomancer alt I use for farming because its battle beast can be set to defend and fight if a monster tries to interrupt my harvesting or mining. Also, the veno, being under 20, can't fly yet, so sees all sorts of things to mine or harvest while traveling on the ground.

Good example of how NOT to make money:
    For my Cleric, I actually (gasp!) dropped USD$50 (50,000 zen) and got a Scarlet Ninetails from the Boutique just for show. Yes, it's pretty, and yes, it goes as fast as any riding beast and faster than most. And, yes, I know some people get these in-game for free from something-or-other-I-forget-because-I-didn't-want-to-hear-that-after-I-bought-one. No, it is NOT a battle beast and you can NOT enter combat while mounted - though you CAN be attacked while on it, though it's easy to run away at 11m/s if you survive the first couple hits (unless you run straight into another mob of beasts.) What I like about the Ninetails is it helps my Cleric get a better sense of how small the world really is in PW. Flying is sooo slow, the place feels huge. If there's a trail, I can usually ride the Ninetails along a twisty trail and beat my flying time from place to place. And again, while traveling along the ground, I also get to see all the mines and plants to collect. And I'm happy to report that you CAN harvest and mine stuff while mounted on the Ninetails. (which really only has 3 tails showing, I guess because the other 6 are magical tails and invisible to reduce wind resistence and screen clutter - lol) If you're riding from place to place in a hurry, use the big map (M) and use alt-click to keep setting new auto-path points along your trail. Stay ON the trails while you're running or riding so you don't get stuck in rivers or bump into unclimbable cliffs. It may be my imagination, but I seem to go faster using autopath and the big map instead of watching in-world while I'm running.
    Other than looking pretty, riding very fast on the ground, and guzzling lots of water and peanut oil (keep it fed every 5 minutes to level it up and keep it healthy), the Ninetails is pretty much useless except as a very fast, show piece. People who know you have a level 11 Ninetails, know you have one of the fastest mounts in PW - even if it can't fight. Note: feeding the pets, ANY pets will consume your coins. Even as cheap as it is, water is not free. I usually carry between 50-100 water and a couple dozen peanut oils bought under the Food tab from the Pet Manager.
    Also watch for the fairly rare hay, meat and other drops for whatever items your particular mount may eat.
    This post is only half on the topic - collecting stuff while traveling on the ground is good for money making. Maintaining a well-fed pet is probably not so good on the wallet. Keeping the pet stowed will not level it up, but at least it won't eat. But then if you have one locked in the closet, why did you get it in the first place?
    Last word: People keep offering to buy my Ninetails and offer me (sometimes) everything they own (or so they say) in PW! To figure out if they could pay me enough, go look at gold to coin rates at the auctioneer. Buying and selling prices are now above and below 500,000coin to 1 gold.
    At that rate, my $50 would be 25million coin! Also considering what I've spend on peanut oil & water and running around leveling up the ninetails (at level 11, it changes from 10m/s to 11m/s), I wouldn't take less than 100million coin or more IF I were to sell it which I probably won't.
  • Afirmitave - Harshlands
    Afirmitave - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What does 'NPC' stand for?
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Non-playable character. Basically, anything you can talk to that's not a player, like a shopkeeper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]