tails for barbs and better werebeasts

Janda - Dreamweaver
Janda - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
i know that this has been posted a lot but i want to do it some more b:pleased

babrs should have tails, (xept for panda) and they shouldnt only transform into tigers.

panda -- should transform into a panda similar to the mount but without the seats and stuff and smaller too

tiger -- should transform into a real orange tiger lol

wolf -- a wolf

lion -- a green skinned red hair lion.

and there should be another preset for white tiger. he will transform into the tiger we have now?
Post edited by Janda - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    it has something to deal with the myths like what the white tiger stands for thats what i heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear
    Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It would be nice if the Barbs could have tails, yes. Also if they could change their fur color, not just eye color. A slider to affect the "fluffiness" of the fur, too. They get a bit shafted in the appearance alteration department.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Happy are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
  • Roxmel - Sanctuary
    Roxmel - Sanctuary Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited September 2009

babrs should have tails, (xept for panda) and they shouldnt only transform into tigers.

:( but I want to see a panda with a tail... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -Roxmel- ;O
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The tailess barb thing has always bothered me... I with they would give them all tails, or an option for if you want a tail on your character or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So then wouldn't it make sense to create venomancers that can change into cats, deer/dragons, imps(?), or rabbits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It would be nice if the Barbs could have tails, yes. Also if they could change their fur color, not just eye color. A slider to affect the "fluffiness" of the fur, too. They get a bit shafted in the appearance alteration department.

^_^ Fluffy Barbarian LOL That should be for a Venno's tail and such
    Like.
    And the Untamed seem to go along with the Zodiac to it seems.... and also they have some symbolium.
    Veno's
    Fox - Fox
    Bat - Bat
    Rabbit-Rabbit
    Deer - Deer
    Lepard- lepard

Barbs
    Wolf- Wolf
    Tiger- Tiger
    Panda- Panda
    Lion- Lion

5+4= 9 there should be 12 of them and each should get their own powers besides standard
    They are missing the Roster, Dragon, and Pig.

Fox: Clever and Beautyful: Tame+ and Int Boost.
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The tailess barb thing has always bothered me... I with they would give them all tails, or an option for if you want a tail on your character or not.

Maybe it is a sign of being an adult? Barbs get their tails cut off, to show that they are now capible of standing up for themselves?
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i know that this has been posted a lot

Then there was no need to make yet another thread about it. Repeating it... just like spamming in-game... will NOT get results any faster.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    no thanks... i dont want a tail on barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why does it matter so much, you know how long it would take the mods to do that, wouldn't you rather have them fixing bugs, gold etc. Honestly I don't give a ***, and you shouldn't either so shut up and start tanking!!!b:angry

(sorry for being harsh but that is completely acting like a primadonna which I can not stand)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver
    Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm pretty sure I made a post about how hard it would be some time ago. Let me see if I can find it again...

Yeah, here we go.
    Creating all the new transformations would take a lot of time, and I'm not even sure it could be done. There would have to be some sort of function that could detect which skin you were using, which could be extremely difficult, if not impossible, due to the vast amount of possible combinations from the character design. Even if all that could be done, we'd have to go over to China and get them to let us change the game in that way. Because of copyrights and all.

And then my in-depth explanation of why it's simply easier to do it the way it is now...
    Yes, I'm sure it could. However, the optional animals would still have to be programmed into the game before that could happen. As it stands, only the fox and tiger forms are programmed and creating the new ones would still be a long road. It would also require modifying the transformation skill so that it could return the appropriate model when used.

To illustrate, I'll use some general Basic code since it's easy to understand. This is what the coding to call up the tiger form would look like now:

IF TrueForm$ = "1" THEN
    >CALL SUBTiger
    IF TrueForm$ = "0" THEN
    >CALL SUBNormal
    ELSE
    >CALL SUBError
    END IF

That would be the basic IF statement to change forms. SUBTiger would be the subroutine to call up the tiger model, SUBNormal would be the subroutine to return to your normal character, and SUBError is the fail safe should a value other than 1 or 0 be called for the TrueForm$ variable (personally, I would use a GOTO operator to return to the beginning of the statement and start over). This IF statement would most likely be within a subroutine of it's own which would later return variable information from either SUBTiger or SUBNormal back into the main program.

Now, to modify it to do what we want, calling up another animal, it would need to be changed to this:

IF TrueForm$ = "1" THEN
    >CALL SUBAnimal
    >CALL SUBTransform
    IF TrueForm$ = "0" THEN
    >CALL SUBNormal
    ELSE
    >CALL SUBError1
    END IF

SUBAnimal
    >IF Animal$ = "Wolf" THEN
    >>CALL SUBWolf
    >IF Animal$ = "Lion" THEN
    >>CALL SUBLion
    >IF Animal$ = "Panda" THEN
    >>CALL SUBPanda
    >IF Animal$ = "Tiger" THEN
    >>CALL SUBTiger
    >ELSE
    >>CALL SUBError2
    >END IF
    RETURN Animal$
    END SUB

In this example, I've shown the subroutine that compares the variable data. The Animal$ variable is returned, not to the main program, but to the point right before CALL SUBTransform. SUBTransform would then process Animal$ and determine which model to load and the model data would be sent to the main program from there.

This little section of code took me ten minutes tops to type out. This is only a simple way of showing the general idea and is in absolutely no way how the real coding is written. I surmise that the actual code is much, much more complicated.
    I am Belldandy, Goddess 1st Class, Unlimited License.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vucko - Dreamweaver
    Vucko - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    its not fair if veno's have tails than barbs should to,about the animal transfer i really don't care all i want is a tail.
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    vanity cash shop items please!
    If this appeal would convince the devs to allow true form mods through skin equippables in true form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    First, barbs with tails, I don't like.

Second, true forms will not be happening. Ever. Period.
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    daphkate wrote: »
    First, barbs with tails, I don't like.

Second, true forms will not be happening. Ever. Period.

How about linking us to a gm or dev response to this because you seem quite certain and thoroughly convinced yourself.
    But this will keep on recurring and it will on and on and on.

edit: Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    all things reoccur out of ignorance. What is your point here?
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Things that Re-occur:
    - Civil Rights Movements
    - Anti-War movements
    - Viral Faceplant videos on YouTube

Unpleasant things that Re-Occur:
    - War
    - Hate-Crime
    - Flamers/Trolls

By your logic, all these are acts of ignorance. Because if things reo-currs, they are done so in ignorance.
    To be ignorant of civil rights, you're pretty messed up to be against that.
    To be ignorant of hate-crime, that's pretty bad as well, considering that the people who commit such crimes are ignorant of the other's humanity.

But on a less larger scale, a more PWI scale, I say that these recurring things are all unanswered and highly dejected by negatives such as yourself (who carry no weight whatsoever). So until someone of authority actually responds, there is no point. And it will keep on going, until a verdict appears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]