BM Weapon/Build Overview

Options
13»

Comments

• mexicanshoes
    mexicanshoes Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Of course, if you were to look ahead at all the upcoming heavy armor items while you were at the tailor shop, you might notice that after level 20 the items follow a very simple pattern with a new item every 10 levels requiring about 25 more strength than the last one. If you average 2.5 STR/level, you will be doing "just enough strength for heavy armor." Likewise, "enough DEX for equipment" is approximately 1.5 per level if you are planning for any kind of swords.

So a pattern that has a minimum of 3 STR/1 DEX one level and then 2 STR/2 DEX is pretty much given by the minimum for the gear. The extra point per level is your choice. This guide (and all the comments) are telling you the reasons different people prefer to put that point into STR, VIT, or DEX or mix it up among those. There are pretty good arguments for any of those three (and no good argument for MAG), depending on your play style. Personally, I like the idea of VIT early on because it gives you the HP buffer against any kind of mistake. Later, you can start "perfecting" your character if you want more DEX or STR to hit better or harder or whatever. Others, however, like to invest this point in damage (STR or DEX) right away and claim that the best defense is always a good offense. Do whatever sounds good to you and then come back here and tell us how it worked for you.

Thanks this helped alot :)
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ewwww this is a **** guide.......why the hell would you recommend light armor.....wth?and bms arent barbs...we dont need such high vit........this is EXACTLY why people put bms down like this.........because no one likes 1vs1 (blades and fists) and no one likes bad aim (poles and axes)....thats why you shoulda recommended an all weapon (3 str 2 dex) build with HA and vit boosting gear...that way youll be a beast at pvp and sufficient enough at pve. btw ive fought a few archers...archer < all weapon bm simply because we have the str to hit hard enough and the dex to dodge....its happened alot of times for me....both an archers lightning stikes missed on me o.o (will of the bodhistava ftw)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ibbies wrote: »
    ewwww this is a **** guide.......why the hell would you recommend light armor.....wth?and bms arent barbs...we dont need such high vit........this is EXACTLY why people put bms down like this.........because no one likes 1vs1 (blades and fists) and no one likes bad aim (poles and axes)....thats why you shoulda recommended an all weapon (3 str 2 dex) build with HA and vit boosting gear...that way youll be a beast at pvp and sufficient enough at pve. btw ive fought a few archers...archer < all weapon bm simply because we have the str to hit hard enough and the dex to dodge....its happened alot of times for me....both an archers lightning stikes missed on me o.o (will of the bodhistava ftw)

b:cry <-- Crying with Laughter at this post. Can anyone tell me why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • waba17
    waba17 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Looks like a decent guide.
    It would be easier to read if you used colours/bigger headers and would also make the guide look a lot better imo.

This guide also seems to focus on each path seperatly.
    Could you also make a section for an all weapon bm?
  • Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver
    Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ibbies wrote: »

This thread was dead for 8 months. Why would you necro it just to complain?
    I am Belldandy, Goddess 1st Class, Unlimited License.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The fist portion combines the aspects of wrong, with bad. Min strength on fists? If people followed that, no wonder fisters are treated as a joke.

And in TW sneak behind enemy lines? Just how bad is the opposing faction? Hey look, a LA BM running off alone right into target range of enemy casters in backline. That'll be over with a BID.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Supernecro!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.