Polearm BMs question

GrackerZ - Sanctuary
GrackerZ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
I wanna go polearm for my BMs main passive (poleblade/pike/club).
I would like to know the pros and cons of going as a pure polearm BM for now.
Will grab an axe later as secoondary prolly for the stuns.
For now ny helpful comments are much appreciated :D
Post edited by GrackerZ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You have a longer range , up to 5m with TT and later 5m+2m possible .
    Also you have more dex than axe which gives more acc and ev.
    You get the skill Farstrike which has a 12m range and its your best single targeting skill and its much better than the range skill from the beginning.
    When u get lvl 89 and choose Demon u can also stun your enemy all the time with your stun skills as Pole-BM.
    You have some skills which can be combined and they make nice bleed which can take easy a cleric I think. I like also the appearence of Poles etc and they have a balanced attack speed.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Polearms are great weapons, and in the early stages of the game you dont need axes. Their advantages are only of importance later.

The pro's of polearm are the faster attack speed and range, expecially early game axe spike dmg doesnt make up for it since you will mostly be using 1-2 skills to kill a mob, and just **** on it for the rest.

When you get to lvl 70 I suggest you get some axes, since around that time AoE is really going to play a big part. I only use the axes in instances, because they are more practical in groups. I still prefer AoE grinding with my pole, cause the survivability is much better since you are able to knock back the mobs. Best combo here is: gather mobs --> roar --> get position --> fan of flames --> drake sweep --> meteor rush --> double spark --> fan of flames --> drake sweep --> piercing winds --> meteor rush. Most mobs will be dead by then, some increased life/def may be left. Costs 3 sparks, but is the best AoE grinding combo ever.
    Furthermore polearm is a great PvP weapon, because of pretty high dmg, strong skills and range. Especially against caster classes polearms are deadly.

Make sure you max draw blood and drakes ray, early in game they are rly usefull for grinding. Other skills to max asap are aoelian blade, farstrike and meteor rush. Piercing winds is a nice skill too, but dont worry about that one till later. Of course polearm mastery is priority #1.

Two major advangages of axes are the xtra stun, the skills also deals a lot of dmg, and the berserk weapon at lvl 70 (calamities). Thats why I reccommend getting some axes, calamities if you can afford, at lvl 70. You will also need them for rebirth.
    Also Heavens flame is the best pary skill, thats why ppl want axe BMs. Kinda lame but hey. you'd prefer a veno with herc over one without too.

Aside from that polearm rocks.