Flying Lag

Options
Spydominator - Sanctuary
Spydominator - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I've noticed that when you activate fly mode now you activate it with 2-3 sec delay now after this update.Also there is an older problem with flying that when you activate fly mode in air and you glide up,you instantly return to the place you were a second ago before you glided up.Most players I asked noticed this too and it's preety annoying especially when running away from mobs.Instead of flying away from them and not being hit at all you return back where you were before you glided up and mob kills you.Hope problem will be fixed in next patch notes b:surrender!
Post edited by Spydominator - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, aircraft do pop and stow a bit slower now. Noticed that when doing WQ (I used to time my drops to hover just over the NPC, so I wouldn't rubber-band on their heads).

I'd like to see the lag from that gone, but if it was part of the rubber-band fix, I'd say it's a small price to pay. As for quick escapes, we seem to be back to the old method: Jump, Fly hotkey, double-jump (for maximum quick height).
  • Spydominator - Sanctuary
    Spydominator - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Had same problem with rubber banding.That's annoying too.Wonder why this has happened in PW?b:puzzled
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Also there is an older problem with flying that when you activate fly mode in air and you glide up,you instantly return to the place you were a second ago before you glided up.
    I have never noticed this before and we are on the same server.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've noticed that when you activate fly mode now you activate it with 2-3 sec delay now after this update.Also there is an older problem with flying that when you activate fly mode in air and you glide up,you instantly return to the place you were a second ago before you glided up.Most players I asked noticed this too and it's preety annoying especially when running away from mobs.Instead of flying away from them and not being hit at all you return back where you were before you glided up and mob kills you.Hope problem will be fixed in next patch notes b:surrender!

this issue has been around since about 5-6 patches ago...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    no the lag is from the recent patch
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yea, its a Brand New Shiny BUG that has popped up. Very annoying...

I think in the patch notes they should introduce a "New Bugs" Section, along with everything else. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    Kar_rak - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've the same bug... please fix it, it's really annoying >.<
    For a true Daeva's and Nakir's Swords! Sign at the post!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Also. Pretty annoying is bald too. I'm loosing my hair very often. These new patches made more bug than repaired. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yes.. I noticed the take of lag too... after I got mobed & couldn't fly away fast enough.... b:surrender
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Well in pk is prety A pain , i can belive after all mantenice day sonthing become broke... is like i fix a window but break a door b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There do seem to be some "work arounds" for the flying bugs.
    1]If I hit the fly mode hot key and there is severe lag, using the space bar to climb often makes me jump off my flier. Use the up arrow key to climb--it does not make me go back onto the ground like using the space bar to climb may. Also, if I am AFK long enough to activate my energy saving black screen and I hit my space bar to restore my screen, I jump off my flier. Don't. Use any other another key to restore the screen (I use Ctrl). In fact, do not use the space bar ever for climbing, use the arrow key. Things go wrong sometimes when using the space bar, but never with the arrow key. Use the space bar for jumping, not climbing
    2]Finally, to end the rubber banding, hit the "fly" hotkey again. It does not make me hop off my hoversword, it ends the rubberbanding. Then I can fly normaly.