since when do mobs have cloud sprint

Options
Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Here is some info for right know, at the moment my main computer crashed so I need to get it fixed so know I,m using a crappy computer, so I though it was the graphic card so I went on another computer that's better then the one I'm on so i logged in and the same thing is still happening.
Later today I didn't have the same problem and it's not my computer because it happened on both of my computer's so could Gm's fix this.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/dustin852/2009-09-2422-18-19.jpg

okay so after a few I started killing mobs again and i just used will of the bodhisatva
and it's also copying it to.
like I said I was killing these same mobs yesterday and wasn't doing it until about a few hours ago.
wish a Gm would at least post a reply of some sort.
If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
Post edited by Dustinmurphy - Harshlands on

Comments

• buffisthestuff
    buffisthestuff Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    from your picture it looks like the mob is resetting. this is not a bug they always run back to their original location.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is nothing new. Some monsters will counter your moves. Some of them will sprint if you do, I've heard of one boss that will change its defense if a BM uses a marrow.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is nothing new. Some monsters will counter your moves. Some of them will sprint if you do, I've heard of one boss that will change its defense if a BM uses a marrow.
    This wasn't happening later today though
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
    edited September 2009
    Options
    from your picture it looks like the mob is resetting. this is not a bug they always run back to their original location.
    ca you not see the blue lines coming out of the mob?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

suzerix uses marrows while you are attacking him (i dont know if he has both, but i know he has the one that causes a white pillar)

this is without BMs btw...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    suzerix uses marrows while you are attacking him (i dont know if he has both, but i know he has the one that causes a white pillar)

this is without BMs btw...

Either way, this is proof that monsters have the same skills that players do, plus tons more.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ya but mob resetting is a golden shield animation you also see when you x2 spark or cast wings of grace, not cloud sprint back to its position...

melee mobs having cloudsprint would open up a whole new can of pain for poor archers and caster classes out there b:sad

but this is interesting tho, i gotta see for myself b:laugh
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Cosmoforce levels a bunch of times and Cloud Sprint attacks b:laugh.

I usually see mobs / characters copying Marrows, too. But they don't really use Marrow. O:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Nike - Harshlands
    Nike - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    it's usually just a glitch

i remember back on night scream, sometimes when i zerk'd, a mob would get the same fire animation

i'm sure it's true for cloud sprint and other effects
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

i remember back on night scream, sometimes when i zerk'd, a mob would get the same fire animation

^

I can remember a lot of threads when the animation would appear on both you and your target, but the effect wouldn't be present.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mobs have all the same buffs that player characters have. only difference is, the mob ones are permanent in duration (or at least i've never had a mob's buff wear off before i killed it)

list of buffs i've personally seen mobs use, and that aren't just copies of my own skill usage:

1) Strength of the Titans (barb buff, increased physical attack power)
    2) Quicken (part of cleric RB, increased physical attack rate ie melee and ranged, not cast. also a weapon addon skill)
    3) <insert name of pdef boost weapon addon skill here>
    4) same as number 3, but for mdef
    5) Bramble Guard (veno basic reflection buff)
    6) Phys/Mag marrow (suzerix is the only mob i've seen use this, and not sure if he has both)

i think there's more, but i can't remember off the top of my head... (i've been around the map and fought with basically everything less than level 80)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Say what? So your saying its normal to for mobs to mimic players moves?

Iv not once ever seen a mob do any of my move or any skill of another class. unless ofcourse it was the mob's designated skill. What are you smoking? picking too many flowers maybe.

Mobs do not cloud sprint period. There is obviously something wrong with the situation the poster has presented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Say what? So your saying its normal to for mobs to mimic players moves?

Iv not once ever seen a mob do any of my move or any skill of another class. unless ofcourse it was the mob's designated skill. What are you smoking? picking too many flowers maybe.

Mobs do not cloud sprint period. There is obviously something wrong with the situation the poster has presented.
    just think if mobs could do critsb:shocked
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Guys please. If you don't know what you're talking about please don't post just to look smart. Rattus snipers do not have cloud sprint. We all know this. It's a glitch.

This glitch appeared after that huge patch along with the rubberband glitch and the additional swamp water glitch everyone pretends was always here. Basically what happens is, if you use a skill right beside a mob just around when they're gonna attack (I think, there's a particular timing), the skill animation will be copied by the mob. Just the animation. This actually happens to me a lot when using physical marrow.

Since it's not a major issue I doubt it'll be fixed by the devs, though of course it should be, like a lot of the minor bugs, it makes the game look amateurish and badly made.
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

This.

/10char
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I believe they can crit. Not 100 % sure but in fb51 normal mob did over 1k damage to me..
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's not just mobs. I have people copying my animations all the time when I'm in a squad with them. Like clerics having cloud sprint animations, and barbs having marrow ones.

It would probably be the same with mobs: It's not the actual buff, just a graphics glitch.

Alexeno is also right that some mobs do have the same buffs players have, but this is not related; because those mobs use the buffs whenever, not exactly when we do.
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's not just mobs. I have people copying my animations all the time when I'm in a squad with them. Like clerics having cloud sprint animations, and barbs having marrow ones.

It would probably be the same with mobs: It's not the actual buff, just a graphics glitch.

Two words: Apoth Pots.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This has been around for forever...

whatever the BM has targeted at the time of using cloud sprint will mimic the animation but there is no REAL effect.

Get over it
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Two words: Apoth Pots.

So you're saying that every single time it happens someone has timed it perfectly and potted right when I buff? Are barbs psychic? O_o

b:laugh
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So you're saying that every single time it happens someone has timed it perfectly and potted right when I buff? Are barbs psychic? O_o

b:laugh

Yes. It's how they keep their feet on fire when they're underwater. b:laugh
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I believe they can crit. Not 100 % sure but in fb51 normal mob did over 1k damage to me..

mobs do crit. it's been proven b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Except the mob reset colour is a yellow auroa.... not cloud sprintb:lipcurl
    Very unusual, i haven't encountered this yet as i mostly on have time for dailies through the week. Shall let you know if i encounter it as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This has been around for forever...

whatever the BM has targeted at the time of using cloud sprint will mimic the animation but there is no REAL effect.

Get over it
    Get over what?
    I was just asking, but to you it seems I was QQing about it, also it has been stated that mobs don't do cloud sprint at all and it's not been here forever because the other day I was killing the same mobs and it didn't show this when I was using cloud sprint.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mobs do crit. it's been proven b:victory

Can you point me to the proof please? I'd like to read it.

From my understanding, mobs in instances just have a larger range of damage they can produce (example: 100-1000 damage) rather than producing actual double-damage crits.

Although I guess it's rather a moot point in the long run, either way you stand to potentially take a large amount of damage.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Its a bug lol

Ive also managed to get ironheart animation on a mob. Its just the ani. Otherwise it would be... eeek.. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Can you point me to the proof please? I'd like to read it.

Click Here

enjoy your proof :D

it's been gone over multiple times in the past (including in a thread i started)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A few times, if I have my screen angle camera whatever set right, when I do stone rain, it shows one boulder hitting me and one hitting the mob. Doesn't do dmg to me, but it's still pretty scary. Makes me worry "WHOSE ATTACKING??!!?!"
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Click Here

enjoy your proof :D

it's been gone over multiple times in the past (including in a thread i started)

link takes me to search forums. b:surrender
  • Forath - Lost City
    Forath - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A few times, if I have my screen angle camera whatever set right, when I do stone rain, it shows one boulder hitting me and one hitting the mob. Doesn't do dmg to me, but it's still pretty scary. Makes me worry "WHOSE ATTACKING??!!?!"

yes, this glitch is very annoying when flying around swamps. the most noticable animation with sound is the ice attack. that high pitched "tink" and u still have full life.

i've seen the visual glitch on players in fb59 when they had no apoth pots. i havent managed to get a ironheart on a mob yet lol