Good BM Build

Options
playa02
playa02 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
Hey there everyone i just started playing PW and i have just created an account and read the stickies. I understood most of it and want to make a pvp BM char. I understand dual axe is the way to go for pvp from the pvp sticky but what i need help is on the build. I need a good build for pvp any help appreciated thnx.
Post edited by playa02 on

Comments

• bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    use a axe/spear build, it gives u aoe for multi kills, and range. it's fun, easy to use, and user-friendly ^^
    the points per lvl is:
    str- 3
    dex-1
    vit-1
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • playa02
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thnx for the help, im wondering is there a way to check your pvp ranking on here?
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    on the main website they have the top 50 pkers by number of kills, though it isnt updated 2 often
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »
    use a axe/spear build, it gives u aoe for multi kills, and range. it's fun, easy to use, and user-friendly ^^
    the points per lvl is:
    str- 3
    dex-1
    vit-1

This is why no one creats a decent BM.

At that rate you will deal so much damage like a barb, besides BM shouldnt have Vit in first place they are not tankers.

I would recommend every level:

str-4
    dex-1

Huge damage = mobs die fast and players as well.
    About weapons, axes are the most slow to use but a great for AOE grinding, but the most important stuff is performing a stun lock, and that you need skills.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is why no one creats a decent BM.

At that rate you will deal so much damage like a barb, besides BM shouldnt have Vit in first place they are not tankers.

I would recommend every level:

str-4
    dex-1

Huge damage = mobs die fast and players as well.
    About weapons, axes are the most slow to use but a great for AOE grinding, but the most important stuff is performing a stun lock, and that you need skills.

granted im not high level, but bms have 4 weapon paths, each one with different stat requirements. each person also has a different play style.

if you want to deal huge damage, sure your build is fine. but not everyone who puts vit into their characters are expecting to tank. it's to increase survivability.

a bm of your build would do massive damage sure, but would die insanely fast, like my bm does. adding vit takes away from your damage a little, but gives you enough hp to take some damage. its a personal tradeoff in my opinion, and not a dichotomy between success/fail, correct/incorrect.

at the original poster, my recommendation would be to find out these following things:

1. PVP or PVE?
    2. What would you like your BM to be able to do?
    3. What weapons do you want to use?

Just my two cents, but its my opinion that if you answer those questions, someone can probably come up with an adequate build for you.

3 str 1 dex 1 vit like bigxbear said is a user friendly build that allows you a bit of versatility when it comes to PVPing. you can take some damage and you can deal damage. I personally go for more dex 3str 2dex every level because i dont like missing, and i dont like relying on gear to remedy that.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rhapsodus wrote: »
    a bm of your build would do massive damage sure, but would die insanely fast, like my bm does. adding vit takes away from your damage a little, but gives you enough hp to take some damage. its a personal tradeoff in my opinion, and not a dichotomy between success/fail, correct/incorrect.

thats why BMs have sutra+stun lock...
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • rhapsodus
    edited September 2009
    Options
    4 out the 6 classes are ranged classes. they generally don't attack you when you're in their face, and they generally run away when you get semi-close. if you're catching up to them via cloudsprint or will of bodhitsva, you can expect to take a few hits. if you die before you catch up, you dont even have a chance of stun locking. trading off a bit of str can allow you to take a few more hits and allow you to actually get in close. obviously the survivability comes at a cost of extra damage or reduced accuracy or whatever you choose to forfeit to put points into vit. that's why i dont think there's any 1 correct build.

also, obviously stun lock is good. but it isnt foolproof.

like i said, it's in my firm belief that it should be the player's playstyle that determines the build. there's nothing wrong with your build, but different players want different things. calling a certain build "fail" or "not decent" is a bit of a closed minded statement if you ask me.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    Options
    3:2 is the best build. axes aren't the best weapon for pvp, they're the best weapon to support other people.
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    3:2 is for more experienced players, as u have lowest survivability, and u have more skills u have to divide ur sp into in early lvls, so u need to know wat ur doing. it's easier to master one/two weapons at a time.

PvP wise, all weapons have different things to bring to the table, thats y an all weapon bm is best. and to the bard that said 4 str 1 dex, advice for u, stick to the barb. str effects each weapon differently, and gives many of them diminishing returns early, do u plan on maxing all ur skills for ur barb end game, or just have only ur tiger skills lvl'd and never look at any other skill to use? it's a dumb question, a bm using just one weapon is only limiting itself from wat it can do.
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you do realize bms are considered secondary tanks no?...
    nowhere as good as barb, but BM is described as 2nd tank in the race description.

edit: also if vit is not used, most of the other classes should match us in hp by lvl 60, this is from what ive seen.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

without enough vit, they will die before they get a chance to throw off a second sutra.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    playa02 wrote: »
    Hey there everyone i just started playing PW and i have just created an account and read the stickies. I understood most of it and want to make a pvp BM char. I understand dual axe is the way to go for pvp from the pvp sticky but what i need help is on the build. I need a good build for pvp any help appreciated thnx.

warmachines guide is really all u have to know for start and a little bit more

did i read above to use sutra in pvp? its like really really rare... when u really getting gan.gba.nged, and there is no other way of staying alive... wasting a spark for hp in pvp is bad, really baad
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    warmachines guide is really all u have to know for start and a little bit more

did i read above to use sutra in pvp? its like really really rare... when u really getting gan.gba.nged, and there is no other way of staying alive... wasting a spark for hp in pvp is bad, really baad

and tell me oh master >.>
    What do you do instead of healing yourself when you're about to die? It isn't just a heal over time thing. Sutra gives you a % of your hp back instantly. Damned useful if u ask me while you're waiting for that next charm tick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • playa02
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i just need a build that will help me do very good in pvp. I heard axes were the best weapons for pvp. I have been following the 3 str 1 dex 1 vit till lvl 8 probably gonna go 4 str 1 dex now.
  • playa02
    edited September 2009
    Options
    and i have another question which is the best genie for me if i am dual axe and want to pvp mainly?
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    green genie for thunder storm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • playa02
    edited September 2009
    Options
    which one is the green one? and i still dont understand the genie mechanics. right now i have the white one
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you do realize bms are considered secondary tanks no?...
    nowhere as good as barb, but BM is described as 2nd tank in the race description.

edit: also if vit is not used, most of the other classes should match us in hp by lvl 60, this is from what ive seen.

you dont need a secondary tank, when you have another much better.
    without enough vit, they will die before they get a chance to throw off a second sutra.

stun fail? forgot marrow? oh, I forggot to say you hit like a truck with that bild... maybe the oponent dies before a second sutra too :/
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • rhapsodus
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sometimes your tank screws up or one of your squishies draw aggro. your barb cant just run away from the boss or the main group of mobs just to save one person. your bm can run back and protect the squishy until the rest of the squad is done. obviously in ideal parties, a BM would never have to tank, but in reality, things are hardly ever ideal. when the unexpected happens, you must accomodate for it the best you can, and in some cases, your BM becomes a secondary tank not out of choice, but because there is no better alternative.

about marrows and stuns, ill let more experienced pvpers answer that, as i do not pvp enough.
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    playa02 wrote: »
    which one is the green one? and i still dont understand the genie mechanics. right now i have the white one

I think the green one was the uh.... well I know it's not zeal, dicipline or infection lolz I think the green one was longivity? or something like that
    the green one has most dex so thunderstorm can hit more

if you wanna pvp, you'd probably wanna get thunderstorm for sure...
    wind sheild, holy path, tree of protection and extreme poison are also optional

as for using sutra in pvp, I think it's better to use the 1 spark sprint and roar if you're far away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • playa02
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thnx for the help, any more answers appreciated
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This thread has so many people in it that I disagree with... I think I'm just gonna stay out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • playa02
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you could offer your opinion and i'll check it out.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well this depends..
    If the BM had money then go with
    (at 90)
    3 vit, 400 strength and all the rest dex
    too tired to tell u if u dont have money xD
  • playa02
    edited September 2009