common courtesy?

DieForelle - Dreamweaver
DieForelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
After playing games where the objective is to KS, and generally make other people's lives miserable, I came here, and almost every single time I play a random cleric would help me heal or cast some buffs on me.

Is it common courtesy to pay them back some how? I'm a dumb archer who can't give any buffs back, and I always feel sorta bad with just a "thank you", because words are so cheap.
Post edited by DieForelle - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just a simple ty is what they want to hear =P, and yeah KS here isnt welcome lol
    b:dirty
  • Derako - Dreamweaver
    Derako - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Later you do get a buff of sorts but i think they have to be in a group.

Think of it this way...

Thank You is better than nothing at all :D

-Derako
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Simply saying 'Thank You' is all it ever takes for me to think it was worthwhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    After playing games where the objective is to KS, and generally make other people's lives miserable, I came here, and almost every single time I play a random cleric would help me heal or cast some buffs on me.

Is it common courtesy to pay them back some how? I'm a caring, nice, and generally friendly archer who can't give any buffs back, and I always feel sorta bad with just a "thank you", because words are so cheap.

fixed it for you. (^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • remorhaz
    remorhaz Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I seen some mean guys in game but i still try to be nice, just ignore the dummies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I swear there are some pple that escaped from the luny bin that play
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear
    Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I try to thank people who buff me. As my cleric rises in levels I'll try to buff others as well. Even now if I'm out farming harvest nodes with my veno I'll drop a bramble shield on other non-venos if they're hunting in the same area, and try to avoid killing anything.

And since when is KS'ing frowned on? It happens constantly when I am out with hubby actually trying to quest and hunt. We'll invite others to squad if they are asking and not acting like a rabid hyena, going after everything we are beating on, but frankly in 3 weeks play it's been 1 person we've invited. It's disheartening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Happy are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Simply saying 'Thank You' is all it ever takes for me to think it was worthwhile.

thats all there is to it (most of the time lol)b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    tea and scones are also welcome, if you happen to have any on you....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just a simple ty is what they want to hear =P, and yeah KS here isnt welcome lol

As a cleric I agree. We've chosen to roll clerics to do just that : help when we can and to do Acts of Random Kindness (other reasons too but mostly these) b:cute

As I wiz I say "tyvm :)" to clerics who buff me ~ except when they buff over my apothecary potions then its b:angry "learn not to buff over apo pots next time please" (then I explain about the HP/MP regeneration icon below people's name..)
  • Kuddlebear - Harshlands
    Kuddlebear - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I give free cuddles.b:pleased

But seriously "TY" is enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Official carebear of Harshlands since 26-09-2009.b:dirty
  • X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think random cleric healings and buffs are like angels descending on the cold, harsh land of noob :)
    And yes, even though the most I can really offer is my thanks, I feel like maybe clerics should get their own holiday or something b:victory
    Thanks again for all your hard work!
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i am that type of cleric. i just love to give random buffs and heals (this goes slightly ott when im bored;). not many people can do the same thing back, so just a simple ty is fine. its much more appreciated than when people never say anything, thats just unnecessery.
    b:flower
    and ksing is really not appreciated. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In the other hand, you will get yelled at if you use your buffs on someone that is already buffed with a higher level buff, since it would be overriden by your low level one.

If someone is already buffed, DO NOT rebuff them.... They could be using +100 MP/HP regen pots and they would be lost to your amaizing +10 HP/MP regen buff..... Which would make for a very upset player.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ZhouXuan - Dreamweaver
    ZhouXuan - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was pleasantly surprised when I was first healed by some random angelic player. haha.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Being an archer myself, I usually offer to help with anything theyre currently doing if they buff me without me asking (and i usually never ask). This is of course after a thank you or ty depending upon what am hunting.
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i dont get many buffs on my veno for some reasonb:laugh
    maybe cuz i dont need em lol. actually in dungeons i prefer NOT to be buffed with +ATK buffs cuz they make me pull agro from my pet and I die. So I get mad about that and tell people just to not buff me in there.

OTOH with my barb, I absolutely love random buffs and heals - they go a long way towards saving on pots and preserving my charm. thanks to those kind random clerics who do so. I usually say "ty" if I don't see who dunnit. If I can see who dunnit, I generally ask them if they want to party for a quick HP buff.

(and now I understand why that one barb was spam inviting me after I brambled him with my veno - shouting constantly "i can buff you if you party me!!" lol.. I didnt realize it was a party only buff till I rolled a barbb:laugh)
    I'm a man