Disabling world chat and "ding"

Options
Kawakami - Dreamweaver
Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
So, I can't filter out world chat in the normal chat mode, and it's annoying to have to read all those people with their random messages. At least 70% is just plain **** or desperate and I'd rather have Duke spam my window full in a minute than read any of that b:surrender Is there absolutely no way to not see that in the normal chat window ?

Also, what's up with people saying ding when they level ? Who cares ? Do people level for themselves or to get attention ?
Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Post edited by Kawakami - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Also, what's up with people saying ding when they level ? Who cares ? Do people level for themselves or to get attention ?

Do you even have to ask that question????
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Is there absolutely no way to not see that in the normal chat window ?

No, but you can turn normal chat on any other window and use that instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear
    Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    God but I would love to have the choice to shunt World chat off to the 2nd window, but if I recall it is "locked" into the main one. Bleh.

You can go in to the system under ... I want to say UI, and sort out your chats. I put all combat, world, server messages and such into the main window (since I can't move World Chat) and have local, faction, and squad in the 2nd window.

Related question... Can I change the -size- of these windows? I seem to only see large and larger for the main and nothing at all for the secondary to change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Happy are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
  • Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    In the bottom left corner of your chat window there should be an icon that looks like an upside down T on top of a normal one. you can click that to change the chat window size.
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh, having gotten most of my levels from picking up BHs, I still haven't had the chance to go "ARARARARA I HAS LEVEL UP!" at the end of BH run or the like. Believe me, I'll do that as soon as I get a chance to.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    LighDar - Harshlands Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It works...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~Like my Tattoo?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: LighDar
    Level: 19
    Zen/Premium Character: Yes
    Danger Level For Attacking Me: b:beatup
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    LighDar - Harshlands Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Mabey there happy they leveled up and want to share it WITH THE WORLD!!!

That sounded very ****... b:surrender
    ~~~~~~~~~~~[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~Like my Tattoo?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: LighDar
    Level: 19
    Zen/Premium Character: Yes
    Danger Level For Attacking Me: b:beatup
  • StormHammy - Lost City
    StormHammy - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options