I Give Up

fastulatt
fastulatt Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Support Desk
I reinstalled this game multiple times, I've done every useless thing the GMs have told us. The manual patches don't even connect to the update server. Just says "Update server connection failed, please use other server." Well I have tried BOTH patch servers, it will start to patch but just stops at consume_reward.cfg. I doubt this topic will get a post offering any reliable help. Other than "Try the manual patch". Pfff yeah see how many people the manual patch has worked for.
Post edited by fastulatt on

Comments

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    fastulatt wrote: »
    I reinstalled this game multiple times, I've done every useless thing the GMs have told us. The manual patches don't even connect to the update server. Just says "Update server connection failed, please use other server." Well I have tried BOTH patch servers, it will start to patch but just stops at consume_reward.cfg. I doubt this topic will get a post offering any reliable help. Other than "Try the manual patch". Pfff yeah see how many people the manual patch has worked for.

The only thing I ever do is use the manual patches. Just download the ones from filefactory or whatever and open them with your launcher. Don't bother DLing from the PWI mirrors, as they're really slow.

That's really the only advice anyone can give short of doing it for you.
  • fastulatt
    edited September 2009
    One problem, the only patches from Filefactory are for 188-192 and 166-175. My client version is 166.
  • Nephandus - Heavens Tear
    Nephandus - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have done updates both ways, Auto and Manual.

Manual is way faster... even if I download it from the PWI Site.

But I haven't had any Major issues. Are you in the US or Europe/Other?

That may be why it is soo slow and problematic.

But my suggestion as an IT Tech is...

Reboot the PC, go out to PWI, Download the patch/es and let them download, verify them, BE PATIENT, and run the manual updater.

Don't run anything else while doing this, and see how it goes.

If it still fails submit a Support Ticket and hopefully it will go better for you.
    Remember to either screen capture or write down the error messages, if any, that you get.

Hope this helps...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Have you installed the Chinese language packs? These usually resolve any patching issues that aren't related to your own firewall. Also the download page itself has the manual patch for 166-192:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Try running a virus scan on your computer. My client was messed up(i.e. wouldn't download). Turns out I had a virus that wouldn't let me download large files.
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • fastulatt
    edited September 2009
    1. I have no viruses. Trust me
    2. I get no error messages it just doesn't patch.
    3. I have tried every means necessary and different ways to do this patch.
    4. My windows update does not show any language pack download options.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited September 2009

by any means.. are you running windows vista?

seen some cases where the game refuses to play/ connect on vista.;

works like a charm on XP
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • fastulatt
    edited September 2009
    Yes I am running Windows Vista. That should not matter seeing as they have a XP download and a Vista/7 download.

EDIT: I followed a guide to install Chinese traditional/simplified. Still the patch just pauses and does nothing but sit at consume_reward.cfg.
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You sure it's pausing and not actually downloading something huge? Those last patches were some huge updates, took me a good 10-15 minutes.
  • fastulatt
    edited September 2009
    Apparently people don't understand. If it had taken 10-15 mins I would not be posting in Tech Support. It PAUSES at consume_reward.cfg and does nothing also the manual patches don't even connect to the patch servers.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You just double click on the manual patches and they apply themselves. You still must have a fast and stable net connection so that the game on your PC, and the game on our game servers can "handshake" before you can login and play.

In reply to your post fastulatt

---
    ---

My reply
    --
    Which program are you using? You should use more then one program to run the scan.

Did you try exiting the game, and then restarting it again, and then resuming the auto-patch several times? Do you have UAC off? Are you running on an Admin windows account?

Please elaborate. what exactly have you tried in our networking posts in our FAQ? http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

Did you look here: http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Programs/AsianStudiesDept/Language/vista.html from our FAQ links?

Have you tried taking a traceroute to see if you can connect to our game servers? (well, to our firewalls) http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4487392&postcount=42
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • LHood - Heavens Tear
    LHood - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes I am running Windows Vista. That should not matter seeing as they have a XP download and a Vista/7 download.

EDIT: I followed a guide to install Chinese traditional/simplified. Still the patch just pauses and does nothing but sit at consume_reward.cfg.

Same with me....I am running Vista and having same problem...ever since i downloaded the patch the other day.....i never connected again
  • latoywri
    latoywri Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok...ive been dealing with hell since ive tried to download this!

here are my hell written problems:

1, When i download the client...it Takes longer than Treebeard in a meter race! (24hrs)

2, when it asked me to pick a server, or update, it does an update then it tells me to click Verify. I do so...after 10min, it gives me a message (VERSION VERIFICATION INTERUPT) WTh does that mean.

3, when it downloads cliend it downloaded in my .....Desktop?....whaa? and i dont mean the shortcut, the actual PWI file

Guys what the....am i doint wrong?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I had no problem DL the patch from the server automatically last night. Played a few hours and everything. Today though I get the same message as all these people. Unable to connect to server.

Since I already have the latest patch installed and played on it, have never had a problem running this before, and have changed no settings in game or otherwise on my computer I would tend to think that the problem actually is the server.

The only solutions the gms have offered so far is that we haven't updated correctly or installed correctly. It worked fine as of 4am this morning PST post patch. Now it doesn't.
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Keep in mind of the server you are connecting to says "High" next to it, then the server may be busy/maxed at that particular time.

Just try again later.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    latoywri wrote: »
    1, When i download the client...it Takes longer than Treebeard in a meter race! (24hrs)

Guys what the....am i doint wrong?

whoa! You can download the entire client in half a second?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fastulatt
    edited September 2009
    In reply to darthpanda.

1. I have AVG and Malwarebytes AntiMalware (and just reinstalled Windows Vista 2 days before I downloaded the game, no viruses)

2. I have tried exiting the game numerous amounts of times, even restarting my computer and of course I have UAC turned off

3. It's not a networking issue, my step dad is the head network administrator for the schools in my county.

4. You already sent me there and I installed them

5. I already submitted a traceroute to Customer Support and they didn't help one bit. All they said was "try the manual patch" no help whatsoever.

And I have Comcast high speed internet, the second fasted speed you can buy. So I doubt it's that my ISP isn't fast enough. My question is you can't you provide a download for the latest version of the game? Many people are struggling to just play your game, it would help a lot of people out..
  • fastulatt
    edited September 2009
    Double post yes. But could it be that my ports are not forwarded to allow Port:29000? I'm not sure how secure my network is considering it's run by my step dad so my guess is he probably has open ports blocked? Any ideas? I can enable my ports to allow 29000. Would that help?

EDIT: I have tried and done everything. If this game doesn't want to patch than **** it, I don't care. It must not be worth it.
  • aznaphix
    aznaphix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It takes you 24hrs to load? I'm on Vista as well, it did the same thing exept,I'm stuck loading and it says it'll take 141+hours to complete.
    141 hours!
    Seriously..this is pretty sad i mean 141 hours to wait is more than 5 daysb:shocked
  • joblessbum
    joblessbum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anyone know if the op ever got his problem resolved? I had the same problem. I am running server08. I did the language pack thing instructed here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=415162&highlight=UPDATE+SERVER+CONNECTION+FAILED
    and im updating as we speak. no more update server connection failed!!!!!!! yea!!!
    C-ya all soon b:pleased
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In reply to darthpanda.

1. I have AVG and Malwarebytes AntiMalware (and just reinstalled Windows Vista 2 days before I downloaded the game, no viruses)

And I have Comcast high speed internet, the second fasted speed you can buy. So I doubt it's that my ISP isn't fast enough. My question is you can't you provide a download for the latest version of the game? Many people are struggling to just play your game, it would help a lot of people out..

LOL Comcast the 2nd fastest speed you can buy? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    b:embarrassb:chuckle
    You should check out what speeds Asia and Europe can get. As well as what the rest of America can get.

(>.<)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    For those of you who were playing before, and had already patched before and now can't, then it sounds like a network setting or security software got changed. Or perhaps your router or cable/dsl modem changed settings.

Have you all tried unplugging/turning off your networking hardware, waiting a few minutes, and then turning it back on?

The East Asian Language pack support or Simplified Chinese support being turned on or installed can help.

You guys can see if a traceroute gets to our firewall for our game servers here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4487392&postcount=42

You can also send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.