in game reflecting real world

Paytah - Lost City
Paytah - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
i was just thinking about the high price of gold now and was wondering if any one else sees the similarities between it and real world prices and such. i just find it interesting that as the economy is sucking in so many countries the perfect world economy is going down the toilet as well. this is not meant to be a troll (whatever that is. I've just seen people called that in forums. i know next to nothing about forums :P) this is purely meant to invoke discussion.
Post edited by Paytah - Lost City on

Comments

• Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dunno abt perfect world economy ... but the company is reaping in lots of money b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes, I just spent $500000 at the dollar store buying RL Anniversary Packs.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Limit - Harshlands
    Limit - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes, I just spent $500000 at the dollar store buying RL Anniversary Packs.

lol
    /10chars
  • __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City
    __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i was just thinking about the high price of gold now and was wondering if any one else sees the similarities between it and real world prices and such. i just find it interesting that as the economy is sucking in so many countries the perfect world economy is going down the toilet as well. this is not meant to be a troll (whatever that is. I've just seen people called that in forums. i know next to nothing about forums :P) this is purely meant to invoke discussion.

Fail troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009

ye, uhh not a troll post >.>
    just a discussion post. Overused word is being overused.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused overused
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Every rose has its thorn
    just like every night has its dawn
    just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song
    Every rose has its thorn
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    worst case scenario: i just sold my house, car, stole from my grand mother, sold my daughters body... just so i can buy anniversary packs to get cool stuffb:embarrass
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I sold my body for anniversary packs.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Paytah - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    i wasn't saying that the in game economy was affecting real life economy or vise versa (though in some peoples cases you never know :P ) i was simply noticing that while our economy (aka money system) goes down the drain the in game system is being affected by insane inflation at the same time. im NOT stating a correlation between the two, just noticing the irony.
  • MyBish - Lost City
    MyBish - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    stfu
    /10char
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2009

learned from the best b:thanks
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i wasn't saying that the in game economy was affecting real life economy or vise versa (though in some peoples cases you never know :P ) i was simply noticing that while our economy (aka money system) goes down the drain the in game system is being affected by insane inflation at the same time. im NOT stating a correlation between the two, just noticing the irony.

sowy Paytah but there be no corralation between the real world economy and in game economy. The basic principles are the same however there's no connection between them.
    The events and such has caused inflation not some bombing of afghanistan or some election of someone or a new policy.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paytah - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    how do u get a thread locked i obviously cant get any intelligent responses on the perfect world forum too many smart a**'s on here
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's easy just mention Alpha India Oscar November
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how do u get a thread locked i obviously cant get any intelligent responses on the perfect world forum too many smart a**'s on here

Do not expect maturity from here, you won't find anyone (For some few exceptions, though) giving an insightfull post about anything.

This is Lost City forums, welcome if you want to be immature and a smartass.
  • Nausea - Harshlands
    Nausea - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009

haha love it.. but tempting