"Unable to Connect Server"

Options
aeldre
aeldre Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Support Desk
İ can't connect any server, it says; unable to connect i've tied random ids and passwords (possibibly wrong) but that still says; unable to connect not wrong pass or smt. I've tried to re-install the game (several times), i've spoken with admins here (i'm trying to connect from a campus) and they said playing online games isn't forbidden, so that isn't a firewall prob, i also checked my firewall and anti-virus programs, my connection speed is(are);
download; 5.96mbps
upload; 1.92mbps so i don't think that is a problem caused by connection speed, my question is how can i connect to servers or can i?
Post edited by aeldre on

Comments

• mrissues
    mrissues Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    aeldre wrote: »
    İ can't connect any server, it says; unable to connect i've tied random ids and passwords (possibibly wrong) but that still says; unable to connect not wrong pass or smt. I've tried to re-install the game (several times), i've spoken with admins here (i'm trying to connect from a campus) and they said playing online games isn't forbidden, so that isn't a firewall prob, i also checked my firewall and anti-virus programs, my connection speed is(are);
    download; 5.96mbps
    upload; 1.92mbps so i don't think that is a problem caused by connection speed, my question is how can i connect to servers or can i?

I too am having this problem... I have updated, verified, and anything else I could think to do... It's enough to make you want to delete it all!
  • rennjii
    rennjii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I don't understand what's going on and it's annoying.
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm having problems logging in to the game. It's saying my client version is too low but I did update the patch already. HELP PLEASE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • iamthezohan
    iamthezohan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sigh looks llike im not the only one who can't log in... i have the same problem. cant log in, server status is indicated to be just blank... i hate this
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @Nev_Darkmore

Considering you are out in the middle of the ocean in Guam, your ISP could very well be at fault. I see that you logged in at 2009-09-24 08:15:04, are you still having issues? You may need to give them our IP address info for our game servers. How did you fix your issue?

@Everyone

Please review our networking, patching, and installation info in our FAQs. Links below in my sig. b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Cross_Marian - Dreamweaver
    Cross_Marian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Please review our networking, patching, and installation info in our FAQs.

Clearly I'm not the only one having issues. That alone is somewhat comforting...but still.

It's frustrating. I updated the game this morning before college, and I come back today, ready to play, and I can't connect for some reason. Over and over again. Do I really have to uninstall and re-update the whole entire game?

That's like 3 hours of time I don't care to waste. b:irritated
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @Nev_Darkmore

Considering you are out in the middle of the ocean in Guam, your ISP could very well be at fault. I see that you logged in at 2009-09-24 08:15:04, are you still having issues? You may need to give them our IP address info for our game servers. How did you fix your issue?

@Everyone

Please review our networking, patching, and installation info in our FAQs. Links below in my sig. b:victory

Dang! I knew it~! me had me suspicions darthpanda knows where you live. b:shocked

well me off to set up an insane network of proxys to cover where me live. and to make it even more confoosing me shall make it say me am exactly where I am!! MUHAHAHA

o wait I just told darth mah evil plan nooes it be ruined now. b:shutup

also yar your school probably does what my school does which is use proxies and block off ports o and also possibly uses some screwy 3rd party proxy provider which uses an incorrect internet certification which screws with alot of stuff. (T.T)' *me think they did that on purpose* b:angry >.>
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your school connection may block game and torrent traffic.

You can try talking to the IT guys and see if they can hook you up. Ask them to play the game with you, be in your guild. Tell them how much fun it is to play, the great community adds to it, and you'd like them to play the free game with you.

It is a great chance to practice your social and speech skills, while learning how to be a politician to get what you want b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your school connection may block game and torrent traffic.

You can try talking to the IT guys and see if they can hook you up. Ask them to play the game with you, be in your guild. Tell them how much fun it is to play, the great community adds to it, and you'd like them to play the free game with you.

It is a great chance to practice your social and speech skills, while learning how to be a politician to get what you want b:victory

I love this!
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sparqy wrote: »
    I love this!

Me too! he's only repeated it at least 4 times or so!

I think he's got it on copy paste somewhere. But hes awesome enough to change the last bit to something good! b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm sure I've posted that like 20+ times :)
    edited September 2009
    Options
    :D
    some even get slight variations. ^.^' it's like a pack of skittles. O.o'
    yar teh college community of PWI should unite and use our combined bwain power to um think of a way around the PWI block! o wait we too busy playing PWI. X_X'
    seriously me getting PWI withdraw every thursdays
    (especially today since me internet was down and stuff for the past 4 days) D:
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @Nev_Darkmore

@Everyone

lol! No I am still having problems logging in. How or where do I find the IP address info. Sorry I'm so NOOB! I logged in fine about 12 hours ago it just gave me this message recently. This is EXACTLY what the message reads. "Your client version is low please exit and update." I'm not sure what to make of that...HELP PLEASE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • Mrissues - Heavens Tear
    Mrissues - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im no noob, for that matter I have been on the internet since "88. I also am not connecting to a college or school and it still says unable to connect to server... I think it's cause there are too many people playing the game and not enough servers. Too much traffic not enough bandwidth.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im no noob, for that matter I have been on the internet since "88. I also am not connecting to a college or school and it still says unable to connect to server... I thing it's cause there are too many people playing the game and not enough servers. Too much traffic not enough bandwidth.

This be wrong there's plenty of space and enough bandwidth of the server of this game. And yes me know the difference (I have played GunZ when it first came out and man that waiting and stuff sucked ****...)

Have you been able to connect to PWI fine before? or did you just start?

(Me ask as it seems multiple people are experiencing problems with connectivity to the PWI Servers Haven't tried yet as me am still in this strange place you people call school. DX)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I played about a year ago but just recently got a new computer and downloaded the game again... I have only been able to log in one time since I downloaded and updated the game two days ago
  • Kelltil - Dreamweaver
    Kelltil - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've spoken with our admin again he is still telling we haven'T ban any game ips or smt like this that i cannot really translate :) (he is a little bit out of this mmo games :)) so i still can't connect
  • Lyte - Lost City
    Lyte - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So Ive been playing PWI for over a year now, and I just uninstalled the game, checked my firewall permissions, opened ports, and updated the patcher and client... I still can;t connect. I can update, but it currently shows every single server down from my client. I checked the site, which says they are online, any idea what the problem could be? Obviously, I am not the only one suffering here ^^
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yes, no one obviously updates or tests - validates game data from downloader locations
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yes, no one obviously updates or tests - validates game data from downloader locations

I have updated and verified everything and it still only connects when it wants too... I posted this fact at the start of this thread. Server problems is the only thing that makes any sence to me. b:infuriated
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i was thinking devs and gms since i used Win 7 Vista instalation and it dont work

now i am trying XP one, and btw I am in Europe is that issue now?
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Mr_issues - Heavens Tear
    Mr_issues - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I dunno, Im in the us. I don't see how it would matter where you are at cause the servers are still in the same place. All I know is im tired of trying to connect to a game that is taking up 3 gigs of my hard drive and it not working. Ill give em another week to figure out their server problems then im deleting the game forever.
  • doghredoghredoghre
    doghredoghredoghre Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, i cant connect to any server i tried many things to fix it but nothing payed off, i made sure port 29000 was being forwarded and i turned my internet security off every thing off and nothing worked, i know for a fact its not from the internet its something from my laptop because i tried taking my laptop to my friends house who plays PWI and still didn't work and am pretty sure that if i reformatted my laptop every thing will work but i don't want to reformat my laptop there should be another way. the gm's are trying there best i know that, until know the are sending me email and am replaying to them to try to fix the problem but no luck most of the things they asked ne to try i did it before. and i know its a bit hard for them to find out whats wrong because they don't have the same problem as we so if they post us what information they want and how we can get it for them maybe we can find the solution together and if some one found out what is the problem please post it.
    and thanks every one b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Have you all tried enabling East Asian Languages or Simplified Chinese on your PCs? Link below \/

Have have you tried running a traceroute to see where things stop?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4487392&postcount=42
  • doghredoghredoghre
    edited September 2009
    Options
    her is my tracing log i hope it will help and i'm connecting to PWI from the middle-east Amman-Jordan to be exact. and thank you

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7100]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Hussam>tracert pwieast2.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwieast2.perfectworld.com [74.201.183.27]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 37 ms 36 ms 35 ms 194.165.130.206
    3 35 ms 36 ms 34 ms 194.165.139.5
    4 43 ms 35 ms 36 ms 213.139.32.9
    5 36 ms 36 ms 35 ms 213.139.40.6
    6 116 ms 116 ms 115 ms so-6-0-0-0.lon22.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.67.173]
    7 229 ms 195 ms 194 ms xe-2-0-0.nyc30.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.187.70]
    8 194 ms 194 ms 195 ms internap-gw.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.70.98]
    9 190 ms 190 ms 189 ms border1.pc2-bbnet2.nyj001.pnap.net [216.52.95.73
    ]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Hussam>
  • LHood - Heavens Tear
    LHood - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not a problem.....all you do is click the restore your Windows Firewall or any other firewall security you have installed on your computer.....that why you getting Unable to connect after you installed the game patches.....your firewall does not accept or recognize the game patches and it will not accept the inbound/outboud. Believe me.....i tried everything in these post and they never said a word about restoring your Firewall.....no need to change your ports or ip address......just restore your firewall after the patch is installed and it will do the rest.
  • imakillu1
    imakillu1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hello im new to game cant figure out how to update correctly, i was just playing 3 hours ago perfectly fine i took break came back and tried to login and it says client low can not login please exit and update ...and have no clue how to do this ive sat here for the last hour tring and looking for help!
  • doghredoghredoghre
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LHOOD please explain to me what do you mean by restoring my firewall if you mean turning it back on, then i did that or, turning my windows firewall and restoring it then i did that 2 am actually out of ideas and i installed the chines language pack and still nothing
  • LHood - Heavens Tear
    LHood - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    all Firewalls has a restore at default setting in your preference or options which will remove all the old setting and create new setting....so when go in the windows firewall setting or any other security setting that block incoming and outgoing ports.....you need to set it at default setting and then when you click the game.....it will ask you with a pop-up screen if you accept this game in your firewall....you click yes....then restart the game again and if you get another pop-up by the firewall...click yes for the game....then restart it again till you get no more pop-ups for the firewalls and then you will see the game is accepted when you log in. I have Vista and running Windows Firewall and Windows Live Onecare and so all i did was reset firewall at default settting in the Windows firewall and Windows Live Onecare firewall after the PWI patch was installed.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    imakillu1 wrote: »
    Hello im new to game cant figure out how to update correctly, i was just playing 3 hours ago perfectly fine i took break came back and tried to login and it says client low can not login please exit and update ...and have no clue how to do this ive sat here for the last hour tring and looking for help!

errr ya go turn off the game and then start the client again. It'll update then and should work fine.

I'm having the same problem, i cant connect to any server i tried many things to fix it but nothing payed off, i made sure port 29000 was being forwarded and i turned my internet security off every thing off and nothing worked, i know for a fact its not from the internet its something from my laptop because i tried taking my laptop to my friends house who plays PWI and still didn't work and am pretty sure that if i reformatted my laptop every thing will work but i don't want to reformat my laptop there should be another way. the gm's are trying there best i know that, until know the are sending me email and am replaying to them to try to fix the problem but no luck most of the things they asked ne to try i did it before. and i know its a bit hard for them to find out whats wrong because they don't have the same problem as we so if they post us what information they want and how we can get it for them maybe we can find the solution together and if some one found out what is the problem please post it.
    and thanks every one b:victory

You say your friend plays PWI does his PWI work fine? DX I suppose you can try verifying the files on your laptop. o.o'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.