does anyone even bother to ask us ?

Options
Amehlea - Sanctuary
Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Hi i was wondering do the Devs even bother to ask us befor they make drastic changes that will have a negative impact for us players in game. ok i know that this is a buisness first and foremost but if i remeber correctly
isnt the Customer is alwayz right ? AKA put your customers first!!!!
i have yet to see any huge polls or emails on what might be changes to existing things in game.
Well feel free to comment lol i just wanted to let you know mabey we should be informed of change they are thinking of making.
Post edited by Amehlea - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi i was wondering do the Devs even bother to ask us befor they make drastic changes that will have a negative impact for us players in game. ok i know that this is a buisness first and foremost but if i remeber correctly
    i have yet to see any huge polls or emails on what might be changes to existing things in game.
    Well feel free to comment lol i just wanted to let you know mabey we should be informed of change they are thinking of making.

PWI can do whatever they want. Your power as consumer is limited to your pocketbook. The only thing within your power to do is leave for, say, this new game that everyone else is leaving for.b:chuckle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ToS:

(c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.

You agreed to let them do that when you made an account.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i dont want to leave,i like this game its got pretty much all i want in an mmo but realy I makes me sad to see that the devs are getting very greedy, my husband and i make video games as well, so we talk about all the details we find in each mmo we play and we come to realise the resea all these negative to player changes are because they want in increase in sales.

so either play by your rules and game, or be a zen slave to the devs.
    either way i dont care i play by my rules lately i just watch the chat lol.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PWI staff:

1% is trying to fix bugs
    5% are reading this comment
    5% are busy with answering on tickets reporting bugs
    25% are busy with answering on tickets with payment problems
    60% are busy with counting Zen
    4% are booking a flight to Hawaii

b:laugh
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just as a quick aside, anyone who's ever worked in the customer service field knows, that the customer is NOT always right. XD
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just as a quick aside, anyone who's ever worked in the customer service field knows, that the customer is NOT always right. XD

This ^

For anyone who thinks that customer is always right has never been in a sales industry because there are always customers that you will be more than happy to not deal with.

It has been 3 weeks of vacation thus far and I can
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited September 2009
    Options

It's more like they only talk about the negative aspects. (Hey, rubberband bug was fixed, anyone noticed?) Although in PWI's case, there's been a lot of negative compared to few positives, QQing made easy.b:chuckle
  • calavera
    calavera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Legally, there's nothing you can do or say about the devs changing whatever they want. However there is such a thing as a moral comitment to the comunity. There's a very well known story about a certain mmo that decided to make a game change to one of their classes (let's just say it involved lightsabers) only to have most of their player base quit en masse, they never recovered. It's a cautionary tale most devs wouldn't be wise to forget.
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    "The customer is alway right" is The trading policy that states a company's keenness to be seen to put the customer first. when i started playing almost a year ago, thats what it appeard to be like now it seems that it dont matter wether players play to relax and enjoy them self in a stress free type environment (not including WORLD CHAT DRAMA). now its realy more about cash mabey it does have to do with other games and players leaving, but eeerrrrrm those players are being replaced at a fast pace so the income shouldnt have changed that much.

now if say 90% of the players left for other games and no new players joined in thats would be a reasonble reason to make changes to loot in some zen.

that's my opinion anyhow
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

+1 You are SO right on this one!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's more like they only talk about the negative aspects. (Hey, rubberband bug was fixed, anyone noticed?) Although in PWI's case, there's been a lot of negative compared to few positives, QQing made easy.b:chuckle

rubber band glitch was almost fixed D:

worked lovely after maint till the servers and webby all died, then about 20mins into gameplay it happened once b:cry
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

in many business cases, the customer is just some uninformed dumb ****.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If the customer was always right, they'd never pay for anything ever. They would say it should be free and because they are "always right" it would have to be free for them.

Giving the customer what they want is good for busniess but only to a certain extent. Most things people want are unreasonable.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2009
    Options
    in many business cases, the customer is just some uninformed dumb ****.

Dumb asses with money, and therefore you have to kiss that **** and say it's delicious.b:laugh
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Dumb asses with money, and therefore you have to kiss that **** and say it's delicious.b:laugh

that might be the case if "they" actually have a bit of intelligence... but in MANY cases they are stupid enough to hand over money no sting attached.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

edited September 2009
    Options
    that might be the case if "they" actually have a bit of intelligence... but in MANY cases they are stupid enough to hand over money no sting attached.

YES!b:laugh

PWI is probably swiming in cash from the pack sales right now.b:chuckle
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if i want sumthing i ask for it, mabey its a usa thing cause i canada if i ask for something i get or i get a discount :P

I dont like turkey so i ask them to replace it with chicken,
    I want a certain pair of shoes they dont have my size i have them call me when an order gets in or send me to another store to get it, with a discount for travel fee:P

its not hard to keep customers happy they know or think they know what they want.
    again keep it reasonable
    why change good things to make them worst or useless i put millions into my genie and now i feel like trashing it lol.
    as for the rest of the ecomy **** I just pretend its not there and do things my way, if i realy want somthing and i think the prices outragouse
    I take my pet and i go fetch it.

but again like i said i play by my rules.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    xD idk what u mean they dont ask, there is a suggestion board isnt there? even if it takes ten months for one of our ideas to even been talked about, they see.

so yes to ur question they do ask now gtfo, this is a business and they have a plan, they cant make everyone happy, they try to find a medium, and sometimes, they have to change one thing to fix it later on. just keep your outlook ahead and enjoy what there is now.

ps play by ur rules? make ur game then cause thats not gunna happen anywhere else xD
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    xD idk what u mean they dont ask, there is a suggestion board isnt there? even if it takes ten months for one of our ideas to even been talked about, they see.

so yes to ur question they do ask now gtfo, this is a business and they have a plan, they cant make everyone happy, they try to find a medium, and sometimes, they have to change one thing to fix it later on. just keep your outlook ahead and enjoy what there is now.

ps play by ur rules? make ur game then cause thats not gunna happen anywhere else xD

lol your a morron did they ask you if we wanted our skills nerfed and useless? no so take your advice and GTFO orhh and my rules are this
    don't buy **** unless you need it , prices not low enough for ya get out of town and go hunt for it, I DONT WAIT on NO ONE OR NOTHING i get up and do it I MAKE IT Happen.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol your a morron did they ask you if we wanted our skilles nerfed and useless? no so take your advice and GTFO orhh and my rules are this
    don't buy **** unless you need it , prices not low enough for ya get out of town and go hunt for it, I DONT WAIT on NO ONE OR NOTHING i get up and do it I MAKE IT Happen.

they might not have asked you if you want your skills nerfed. but they asked me... and i want your skill nerfed.

• Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hey hey i nvr said i was happy with all the changes, but like i said im keeping my eye on the horizon and hoping there is a good god damn reason for these changes.

and really the genies i nvr bothered to look, are these on the other servers? or are they just something pwi has made for themselves?
  • Alizeee - Heavens Tear
    Alizeee - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ya I think sometimes there are those who fail to listen. Some have no need to as they know already, then there are those who should listen and observe carefully. b:surrender I have watched the entire system change inside out too many times overnight to be satisfied anymore. I've always played games and not let them play me.....but seems there is little choice anymore except to get played here. b:victory
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I agree that taking away things like Genie reset-quest sneakily is so wrong. Hey, they "updated" our genies, our spirit went down the drain so we need refunds.. And taking the refund away without asking/warning is unspeakable stupid.
    Doing things like this because of profit makes me rage.. and quit. I will wait and see if this keeps up and if it does, bye bye.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    To answer your question No, because we aren't professionals but the devs at PWE are, they went to school to learn how to create game's not use(that might be wrong there might be a few who are game developers).

That's pretty much the reason why they don't ask before they change something in a game, they also can't listen to some of the thing's we want in the game because it could ruined the game to the point were it's not fixable.
    I think the reason for there action's for the past few weeks is because of the new expansion this coming winter, but if I'm wrong then I don't know what to think.
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    no. they dont ask
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Another flamebait thread. Here's the thing: I want you to give us feedback on what's going on, what I DO NOT want is insulting staff, false accusations, and anything along those lines. Flaming your fellow community members won’t help anything either.
This discussion has been closed.