How To Be A n00b

Options
projet05342demon
projet05342demon Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
OK, I didn't know where exactly to put this, but where better than the beginner's guide section. This was made by some of my faction mates from the Harsh lands server (KORT is my faction and I am King Arthur) after many noob encounters we have had, we posted this on our skype and kept adding on to it. So enjoy and feel free to add on to it.

How to be a n00b:
A.When you are a 'low' level.
1.Always act like you know everything better than older players.
2.On Fb's,never listen to what other people say.Take the lead.
3.Bonus points for causing everyone death.
4.Do not bother how to spell, NEVER.Spelling is for losers and those
who aren't noobs.
5.Whine a lot. Especially for quests that aren't bosses. Go to the middle
of west arch and shout:'help me for hooible quest :(' .Do this until
either you get 4 pm's to shut up, until you get help, or 10 minutes have
passed. Do not forget to repeat the message every 15 seconds.
6.Bonus points if people pm you to tell you that you are a noob.
7.Always pick a fight with higher levels once you are level 30.After they
kill you,claim that they are evil noobs who pick on lower players.
8.Try to call higher levels n00bs. Especially if they die on your Fb's. Especially if they died because of your carelessness.
9.always run inside a flock of mobs for no apparent reason whatsoever in FB's.It's the duty of other players to save you or die with you.
10.Attack the boss before tabbing.IF you decide to tab it,do it once the
tank died.
11.when you bored, get ppl to help you and then appear to be afk. Then kill
things and don't respond to pm's. Make them work to finally get response from you. If they call you things like 'brick wall', you get bonus points.
12.In FB's, don't be shy to suddenly declare at boss that you aren't feeling
like killing that thing yet and go offline. Bonus for doing that after tabbing.

B.High level
I.RPK for the win. Find a white name that is 30 levels beneath you and go for it.

NOTE:You can try to guess their level by their armor in player info.

II. Use safe methods to pk. For example,pk near safe zones. Run at your
opponent just outside,pk and go back into hiding before the victim or anyone else decides to cast revenge. Bonus points if you run to safe zone right before you die.
III. Attack people who are already fighting a mob.Preferably,once they are half dead.
IV. Killing people while they are busy with boss is even better.
V. Calling out high level factions and disappearing right before their eyes is very noobish.DO IT.
VI. Always bring a buddy with you, or a higher lvl to pk with you and declare that you are stronger than the victim
VII. If you get pked by a white name revenging his friends, declare KOS (kill on sight) to their whole faction. Bonus points if you have no rank whatsoever
VIII. Take your weapon off and start attacking a random player and tell them to buff you and you will stop. DO NOT CALL IT BUFF, call it brebuff. If they don't, kill them. Bonus points if they buff you and you kill them anyways.

In forums
1. Post in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with what the topic is about. YOU KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT (page 2).

Now go out there and be the best n00b that you can possibly beb:victory
Knights Of the RoundTable (KORT) Recruiting 70+ for TW in the Harshlands server. Go to faction's website at kort.co.nr for more info.
Post edited by projet05342demon on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if you play on PvE server....

Jump into PK mode with a full squad of non PK clerics spam healing you. go on a rampage.

Else..
    On PvP server.. (true story from the days of yore)
    I was level 30ish helping out a non cleric sub level 30 guild mate do a quest. Another veno my level attacked me. I killed one of her pets and started in on her as she summoned a second. went through the second pet and started back in on her. she was almost dead when her little sub level 30 cleric buddy healed her. me left without heals, died. what a chicken little that veno was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:laugh i love your......guide?, i lol'd much

About the higher lv though, i edited some out, & what remains are some of the best PK stratagems. IMO these do not denote n00b behavior, because PK is Player Kill, not PvP
    II. Use safe methods to pk. For example,pk near safe zones. Run at your
    opponent just outside,pk and go back into hiding before the victim or anyone else decides to cast revenge. Bonus points if you run to safe zone right before you die.
    III. Attack people who are already fighting a mob.Preferably,once they are half dead.
    IV. Killing people while they are busy with boss is even better.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mogwai wrote: »
    b:laugh i love your......guide?, i lol'd much

About the higher lv though, i edited some out, & what remains are some of the best PK stratagems. IMO these do not denote n00b behavior, because PK is Player Kill, not PvP

So PK is for people who are too weak to PvP, amirite?
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you are higher than me so i can has money plz ? no? can u's buy me cromatic elks? why no? hello?
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

On all the games I played I was a PK for a challenge, but in the beginning stages of being a PK I did kill lowbies, but over time I never attacked one of them again and only went after groups or people of my level.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Correct!b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Here's one I found this morning.

Exploit the "Cube of Fate corner" bug and start whacking away at defenseless people before they have a chance to respond. Unfortunately you can't even get a simple magic user's charm to tick because your so noobish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DieForelle - Dreamweaver
    DieForelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

How to be a n00b:
    4.Do not bother how to spell, NEVER.Spelling is for losers and those
    who aren't noobs.

umm... Spelling correctly with sub-par grammar is not noobish?

also, I don't know much about FBs, but I don't see how you can cause others to die.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    umm... Spelling correctly with sub-par grammar is not noobish?

also, I don't know much about FBs, but I don't see how you can cause others to die.

case in point:

archer thinks he can pull.. archer attacks a mob - 4 come running after him. cleric heals archer - mobs now attack archer and cleric - barb runs wild attempting to save cleric who is running wildly trying to escape the wraith of 3 mobs. barb pulls agro on one mob - cleric continues to run. barb tries to catch second and third mob. archer is likely dead by now.. the bm decides to start whacking away at another mob - gets no heals.. dies.. and so on.

LEARN YOUR ROLE!
    archers do not pull, clerics do not pull, blademasters do not pull, barbs do not pull, wizards do not pull.

Venos pull, Barbs tank, Clerics heal - everyone else does DD and support buffs they may have.

----

but.. you wouldn't likely know how to play your role or how its possible for someone to cause a squad wipe if your FB's are done by a level 90 player looking to gain some quick xp by soloing your FB for you. that is unless (the dying part) your level 90 soloer is n00b himself that overlooks a wandering mob that agros on you. I however do all my FB's with level appropriate team members - 10 levels above me is the highest I will allow on my FB runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ME FIND THIS HIGHLY OFFENSIVE TO TRUE NOOBS EVERYWHERE.
    b:angryb:angryb:angry

what your thinking of is ******* and jack A**es. and I suppose "133T" falls under that category as well. b:angry

xD lol but funny guide.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eilema294
    eilema294 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Can someone please help me? I created my account three days ago, and I can't figure out how to create my character, I haven't evenm started playing yet and I am really getting angry, can someone please help me? Where do I create my character?!?!?!?b:cry
  • Naquia - Dreamweaver
    Naquia - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    eilema294 wrote: »
    Can someone please help me? I created my account three days ago, and I can't figure out how to create my character, I haven't evenm started playing yet and I am really getting angry, can someone please help me? Where do I create my character?!?!?!?b:cry

Is there a special reason for posting that in this thread?b:chuckle

Have you downloaded, patched and tried running the client yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    eilema294 wrote: »
    Is there a special reason for posting that in this thread?b:chuckle

Have you downloaded, patched and tried running the client yet?

My gawd. She's having a severe case of lack of PWI.
    D: also yar shes off to a bad start. X_x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eilema294
    eilema294 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I downloaded the game. It took forever, is that the client? Or am I missing something?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    eilema294 post in the correct thread.... the one you made please don't spam other threads.

The
    Where to create my character?!?!?!? HELP! PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    thread you made
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Agrissa_X - Lost City
    X_Agrissa_X - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think this is great, and surprisingly...educational. But since I guess I am a noob, I will ask a noob question: what does brebuff mean?

barbarian comes up to me, takes weapon off, punches me a couple of times
    player: brebuff me and i'll leave you alone
    me: i don't know what you mean
    since bramble guard is the only buff i have, i try using it.
    player puts weapon on and kills me.
    me: was it good for you too?
    player: LOL
    then player leaves and i lay there and reflect on where my life went wrong.

now, i'm just kind of wondering what the whole point of this confrontation was
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Simple as pie.
    Brebuff means that the person uttering those words is a moron.
    As such you should avoid using any beneficial spells on them and instead proceed to use your strongest most deadliest attacks.

The exception to this is if said person is a level in which your strongest attacks cannot take him down. In which case you should calmly get the heck out of there.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Agrissa_X - Lost City
    X_Agrissa_X - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i see...well since he killed me in about 2 hits while basically stark naked with legendary dual axes...yea, i probably should have gotten out of there. thanks of the info ^^
  • Khina - Heavens Tear
    Khina - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But going back to the person who was talking about "Cube of Fate", What is the point of "pk" people who play in the cube who aren't in "pk mode". Like for example: you just entered a room and instant death from a jerk who just waits on unsuspecting player to do anything or figure out what's going on.

Very noob and a jackass.b:angry
  • X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    because that's the only place on our server where they can rpk anyone. it's safer for them than just going to a pvp server.

edit: did i just assist a mini-necro. maybe not...i might be tired lol