major game desighn changes

Options
WhoFlungLung - Sanctuary
WhoFlungLung - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
im just wondering if this is going to be something that happens a lot.im not talking about adding new content im talking about changeing things that are allready there .i have to admit im still prety anoied about the genies i droped a LOT of sprit then 30 minutes later game restart and find out it as wasted
Post edited by WhoFlungLung - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im just wondering if this is going to be something that happens a lot.im not talking about adding new content im talking about changeing things that are allready there .i have to admit im still prety anoied about the genies i droped a LOT of sprit then 30 minutes later game restart and find out it as wasted

I'm just going to skip the ridicule of how you type like a 6 year old.

What exactly are you talking about? The genie changes, or?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • WhoFlungLung - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

well sence you want to be persnal and attack me as a person i will respond in the same fassion why are you even posting your not a gm and cant tell me what i want to know but sence you asked i will make it simpler for the slower players

will adding content and then when ever one is used to it and invested there hard work changeing that around to make it more or less useless un less you start over going to be some thing i have to get used to because to be honest i dont like it

EDITED CONTENT
    first my typeng is bad because a. i dont care if i spell it right b. i dont care if others dont like it or what they think about it c.i have mild dislixa and leters arent allways where i see them d.i tought my self to type e.i have a bad keyboard that some leters dont allways work when i push them

and id di mention F. this is not school and no one is being graded on gramer if you cant read it pm and ask me nice i will try to do a beter job of explaing my post
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm wondering how they want to implement new tideborn. It will have HUGE impact to the game. They have to rebuilt almost everything. Not just graphical but also functional things in game. It will be huge mess I bet with anybody.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Before the last patch, genie exp was earned by infuse of your own exp or spirit. Everyone dropped lots of exp and spirit into their genies only to find out now that genies gain exp per kill and quest rewards. It dont bother me at all. I like the changes.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well sence you want to be persnal and attack me as a person i will respond in the same fassion why are you even posting your not a gm and cant tell me what i want to know but sence you asked i will make it simpler for the slower players

will adding content and then when ever one is used to it and invested there hard work changeing that around to make it more or less useless un less you start over going to be some thing i have to get used to because to be honest i dont like it

Say what???
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver
    MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm going to assume that the OP was asking about some of the possible changes that may be in the next patch. The last patch nerfed quite a number of genie skills. Also, I did a TT run in solo mode using a veno, and I barely got anything out of the run. :/ TT Solo mode was nerfed too. Hopefully nothing like that happens again in the next patch. b:sad
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I'm posting because this is a thread, and I can post in it. ;3

No one cares if you 'don't like it'. As for genies, you can get reset stuff at the Watcher of the Earth. I have seven genies, some of them based on the nerfed skills and situations where they would help, but are now useless. You think I was happy about the changes either? And what about the 9x who have gold genies based around one of the nerfed skills?

DarkSniper: It sure is good that I can understand some of it. Not a lot, but I get its point. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm posting because this is a thread, and I can post in it. ;3

No one cares if you 'don't like it'. As for genies, you can get reset stuff at the Watcher of the Earth. I have seven genies, some of them based on the nerfed skills and situations where they would help, but are now useless. You think I was happy about the changes either? And what about the 9x who have gold genies based around one of the nerfed skills?

DarkSniper: It sure is good that I can understand some of it. Not a lot, but I get its point. b:chuckle

well that is fine im not a mod or forum police i dont like being attacked by strangers for no reason most games have rules about that guess this one dont

any way as for genies that ship is saild and no mater what i feel there is nothing that can be done about it so no it is a prime excample of what i am asking tho i cant think of any other game that adds content and then a month after its ther etotaly redesighns it if that is something that will happen a lot then i see no reason to spend any time in the new content till they get done jacking with it

i guess my quistion is more is this game still in beta or a relse version ?
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Personal Attack!
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i guess my quistion is more is this game still in beta or a relse version ?

I have read UNOFFICIAL RUMORS that this is a beta for Perfect World 2. Again, these RUMORS were completely UNOFFICIAL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have read UNOFFICIAL RUMORS that this is a beta for Perfect World 2. Again, these RUMORS were completely UNOFFICIAL.

ok now see if this is a true fact then i have beta tested and i know the drill just would have nice to know befor hand

lets have a wipe gms thats the funest thing about beta whoooo hoooooo
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. yes (afaik) the game is a "release" version. this game is a translated version of a much older game.

2. Genies were never around when I first started playing another version of this game - neither were stash boxes - nor bless boxes - nor friendship quests - nor bounty hunter - and (not totally positive of this) gold trading may or may not have been around at that time either (about 1 year ago give or take). there also seems to be a tad bit more quests added in as well, along with double xp weekends this month (never had those when I played the other version for a couple months).

all in all - I'd say be happy with the new content, however much it gets changed, and however often. when I first started playing this game - it was all about player skill alone. now there's all sorts of hand holders being tossed left and right. even a nerfed ToP is more than you would have had back then. matter of fact, for the first several levels of my first character on this version - i didnt open the stash box, nor did I use that confounded genie. I considered them to be for whimps who don't know how to play their class. I eventually came around though when I started grinding alot and doing TT runs and realized that having ToP on my genie would be of great benefit for heals and mana regen (sounds counterintuitive I know - but used correctly it works - though as I said before - this is now nerfed, so back to square one which is totally fine.. there are apo remedies readily made and sold for this purpose). Extreme poison is also of great benefit in making those confounded boss fights go faster.

so yeah.. strip away all those things I listed in point 2 - and you have the game as it was. now look at everything that has been added, regardless of whether or not it has been changed, and you realize how much good stuff you actually have now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    how a bout tw? i dont wanna be anoying really but it was up a year the rules then its just taken off nice and simple no work sanct tw is no fun i tried to get peeps to do tw u know what u get? total cuss overs for what lol? pff im going soon if this stays this way
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm going to assume that the OP was asking about some of the possible changes that may be in the next patch. The last patch nerfed quite a number of genie skills. Also, I did a TT run in solo mode using a veno, and I barely got anything out of the run. :/ TT Solo mode was nerfed too. Hopefully nothing like that happens again in the next patch. b:sad

solo mode has always been **** drops
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. yes (afaik) the game is a "release" version. this game is a translated version of a much older game.

all in all - I'd say be happy with the new content
    QUOTE]

well as for playing other games that are not so easy im frine with that my first online game was beta i got to play it had pk like no other game ever if you got killed you rolled a new toon thre was no comeing back it had drugs and prostution laws you name it kicked jackas it got nerfed down im fine with that

all im saying is dont change conttent after its been in a game 3 months thats no way to run a buisness and one more time im not talking so much about the genies it is just the main thing that i know this happen to
    and add all the new content you want a game gets stale and boring if there is never any thing new to do just dont change it after its out
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    as this is another genie thread, I'm going to lock it up. Thank you for your input
This discussion has been closed.