Question about quest

idontneedanick
idontneedanick Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I didnt realize the server was due to be shutdown.

I finished a timed quest out of Arch (something about a fisherman and three ingredients).

I was in the air over the fisherman about to drop in and end the quest when the connection dropped as the server went down.

Are they going to expect me to redo that entire "timed" quest? (I will not be able to login tonight at 1am PST to finish before the remaining 33 minutes expire)

Jim

P.S.
I wont do it. I will quit if redoing the quest is required.
Post edited by idontneedanick on

Comments

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I didnt realize the server was due to be shutdown.

I finished a timed quest out of Arch (something about a fisherman and three ingredients).

I was in the air over the fisherman about to drop in and end the quest when the connection dropped as the server went down.

Are they going to expect me to redo that entire "timed" quest? (I will not be able to login tonight at 1am PST to finish before the remaining 33 minutes expire)

Jim

P.S.
    I wont do it. I will quit if redoing the quest is required.

You'll probably need to redo it.

On a side note, I still haven't done that quest..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    you'll Probably Need To Redo It.

On A Side Note, I Still Haven't Done That Quest..

LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LOL

I hate timed quests. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Loontjuh - Sanctuary
    Loontjuh - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Kinda wierd you didnt notice the server was going down, they warned about 4 times and said how long it would take.

But that quest is not required to do, but will probably fail for not handing in on time now.

But yea quiting over a quest at your lvl b:surrender
  • quickslant
    quickslant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i say skip it, and don't quit the game. i only did that quest at lvl 70+ to get it out of the find quest list
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hmm...I think i accidentally logged out during that quest, and was unable to log on for a little while after. However, I believe that the quest was still at the same time as when I logged off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not 100% sure but I think time stops as you log out.If the game kicked you it's a bit different but you should be fine if you had more than 5 mins left on the quest timer so don't worry you'll turn it in after maint.
  • TamerOfGods - Sanctuary
    TamerOfGods - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not 100% sure but I think time stops as you log out.If the game kicked you it's a bit different but you should be fine if you had more than 5 mins left on the quest timer so don't worry you'll turn it in after maint.

I believe the timer does stop. When I Do Crazy Stone on My alts and log off, lets say 2 minutes in to the quest, at the time i log back, the timer continues where I left off.b:cute
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I believe the timer does stop. When I Do Crazy Stone on My alts and log off, lets say 2 minutes in to the quest, at the time i log back, the timer continues where I left off.b:cute

true, when your not on the server any timer to do with quests stops
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    quickslant wrote: »
    i say skip it, and don't quit the game. i only did that quest at lvl 70+ to get it out of the find quest list

ditto, that quest isn't really worth the bother now that you can scroll your quest log.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Falcioni - Lost City
    Falcioni - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You'll probably need to redo it.

On a side note, I still haven't done that quest..

i personally havent either along with about 60 other quests. lol i havent done a single quest except cults or fb quests since 35- to 84 lol grinding ftw. yes it is boring some times but with music it does go by fast :)
    Big Bad Wolf? mhm i think so b:angry
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hate timed quests. b:cry

I did it at the level I got it in ~20min
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How comes the time stops when your waiting for CS if you log out. . YET when you are using a ESO and you log out your time keeps running out that's ridiculiously scammy to my taste.
  • idontneedanick
    edited September 2009
    For the record only -

The game is well done - it could be better (game design and absurd UI).

No one in my clan is interested - or any of my friends - so I have been soloing ... boring really.

There are some nice people in game - and an enormous number of mob leeches and spree killers. :(

I'm just taking a look at archer and veno at higher levels (not there yet, just leveling).

I'm not a mushroom eater ... big fantasy fan. For those that are ... they are probably in fat cty. Leveling a character is ok (unless all characters were the same - which I prefer. Then its just my skills - not my characters skills - that matter) I would prefer competative arena and guild ladders as well as (non-pk, declared war based - organized NOT just malignant children wandering about PKing) assaults on cities. (Not TW, nonguild members would be left alone) They arent going to do any of that.

If I had to repeat that quest (which was just a chore to begin with) ... it would have been too tedius and I would have changed to a new title ... which is going to happen anyway I suspect. Friends have been after me to join them in Left 4 Dead - I might do that.

The timer started where it was left.

There were some good coders behind some of this. I'm not sure I agree with all the decisions made by the producer ... but its not my game. :)
  • idontneedanick
    edited September 2009
    I did it at the level I got it in ~20min

That archer is lv22 I think and it had about 35 minutes left. It isnt hard - just a chore. You cant level really by grinding - EXP per mob is worthless. So leveling == questing.
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have logged out of this particular quest before and had the timer pause until I logged back in. So, you should be good on that front. However, I don't know if a log out is the same when it is forced by server shutdown. It should be, but that only gets you so far with developers...
    "?" IS my avatar.