Linux compatible?

origslayer
origslayer Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
is there a working version of PW for linux? is there a thought to ever make one if not?
Post edited by origslayer on

Comments

• OmgABM - Lost City
    OmgABM - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    uhm... they haven't even made a PWI for MAC, so they're probably not going to make one for linux anytime soon or in the future.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hm... i was wondering this question too ^^

i want once, but never try to play PWI on Linux with WINE... i dont know if that gonna work ~

btw, are there gonna be PWI for MAC or Linux !?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ehhh more likely it's going to be linux will be PW capable. we can try asking the developers of WINE to add PW support let teh entire population of PW linux users unite!! d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • camrin
    camrin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    PWI runs with very little issues on later versions of Wine. You have to do a few tricks to get it to run, though. Here's the app page for Perfect World:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9923

I will say that it's not a complete plug & play solution, and you'll receive no support from the PWI staff. However, I've been running it for 3 months without issues (other than the normal crashing in Archosaur, followed by the new graphical lagging issues introduced recently). You will need a fairly decent machine to run it on, as well. It consumes a bit more resources than running it natively on Windows.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here is some info that I found that you guys might be able to use:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9923
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this would be awesome. I tried the WINE option but it only worked well in ubuntu
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • XXagonyXx - Heavens Tear
    XXagonyXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    for the best results running pwi in wine use the actual developement tree of wine.

downloadable here for all major distributions.

http://www.winehq.org/site/download

in our windows free household we never had any trouble to play pwi since day 1.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i'm a pc and i love PWI
    (sorry couldnt resist XD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i'm a pc and i love PWI
    (sorry couldnt resist XD)

Me am a hamster and me am a PC/linix hybrid.
    o.o'

d(^.-d)
    fun fun
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sauron3256
    sauron3256 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually, using wine 1.1.30 and kubuntu 8.04 (LTS) it runs perfectly with the exception that only the first frame of the cursors is shown.
This discussion has been closed.