resurrection scroll xp loss

Options
deckardx
deckardx Posts: 23 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
i am a lvl 51 cleric. if i use resurrection scroll how much xp and spirit do i lose. i can buy guardians but im trying to save money.
Post edited by deckardx on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't know. I haven't used one in a long time. (I do know you can only use one an hour. T_T)
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure you lose the same exp you would if you were to just go back to town, just with the added convenience of coming back to life right next to the mob/person that just killed you.

And as for spirit loss, I don't think you lose any, whenever you die.
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is hard to know as no one buys res scrolls excpet that first one you get in quest.They are way over priced.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is hard to know as no one buys res scrolls excpet that first one you get in quest.They are way over priced.

...Actually, I tend to make sure I have at least 2 on me at all times. Nothing quite like going through a party wipe and having the rest of the party wait 10 minutes for the cleric to get back from town.
    We are not your slaves,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Seriously? I buy res scrolls on a regular basis. If you are the only cleric in an instance party and something goes wrong, you'd want a scroll with you.

And yeah, res scrolls do not decrease the amount of exp lost, they just let you revive right at the same spot you died. The cool down on them is insane though. Honestly not sure what the point of that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Res scrolls are pretty much required for a cleric in any instance in case of party wipe, ESPECIALLY in any instance where you rush past mobs (some of the TTs come to mind). If you party wipe and rushed, there isn't really much way for that cleric to get back. Don't forget the Guardian Scrolls so you don't lose any exp.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Res scrolls are pretty much required for a cleric in any instance in case of party wipe, ESPECIALLY in any instance where you rush past mobs (some of the TTs come to mind). If you party wipe and rushed, there isn't really much way for that cleric to get back. Don't forget the Guardian Scrolls so you don't lose any exp.

Clerics shouldn't have to carry res scrolls it is the other party members who should.They don't want to as they cost to much.In another game I play as healer class it is not their jop to do the ressing as they are better to spend more time healing and protecting.

This why I hope the physic come with anther res skill.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Clerics shouldn't have to carry res scrolls it is the other party members who should.They don't want to as they cost to much.In another game I play as healer class it is not their jop to do the ressing as they are better to spend more time healing and protecting.

What good does a party member having a res scroll do to a dead cleric?

Also, why would I ask a party member to spend up to 50k on a res scroll when I can easily cast revive.

Sure it might suck that the only people who CAN res need to pay for scrolls, but that's part of dealing with being a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

Also, why would I ask a party member to spend up to 50k on a res scroll when I can easily cast revive.

Sure it might suck that the only people who CAN res need to pay for scrolls, but that's part of dealing with being a cleric.

I disagreed with you on it should be clerc to carry res scroll in your first post now you contradicting yourself.How many other games have you played a healing class in?We don't need res scrolls because we have revive.What if you are dead and the only cleric?
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    true, having a res scroll for a cleric is very handy ^.^

what if you died (from aoe/ etc) on the last boss of FB, died on HH runs or any instance/ dungeons... while your tank still tanking, or your whole squad wiped out/ died !?

we're the only one, who can save them. if we go to town... maybe it's gonna be too late to heal the tank, or maybe it's just gonna be wasting of time to explore the whole dungeon from the start to get back to them ~

so yeah, ressurection + guardian scrolls = FTW <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I disagreed with you on it should be clerc to carry res scroll in your first post now you contradicting yourself.How many other games have you played a healing class in?We don't need res scrolls because we have revive.What if you are dead and the only cleric?

I'm not sure how to answer this statement. You ARE aware that we can't cast revive on ourselves, correct?

If you wouldn't mind, could you point out where I contradict myself? I felt that I said clearly in both posts that clerics should carry res scrolls.

Moral of the story. I can cast revive on party members. I can't cast revive on myself. I need a res scroll - my party members don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sorry for double post, but...

1st... We CAN ONLY revive OTHERS.

2nd... If we're the only cleric there, that IS the reason why we (could) NEED that res scroll.

3rd+... as the only cleric in squad, we should be READY and RESPONSIBLE for the life of the WHOLE squad!... and REMEMBER, if we died = the whole squad is in DANGER (or they might died).

:/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Res scrolls will not prevent XP loss, only guardian scrolls can do that.

lol, speak for yourself. Most higher lvl clerics will carry res scrolls for reasons already mentionned in the thread.
    How many other games have you played a healing class in?We don't need res scrolls because we have revive.
    This is Perfect World, not some/many other game (s), this is how it works here.

What if you are dead and the only cleric?

Thats exactly why you need res scrolls on you if you're the only cleric.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If i carry a res scroll, ill expect all others to carry them too.

Why?

There had been TOO many instances where a couple melee go down, and the cleric get clobbered up they cant even BB or aoe heal, and there are bad luck times when the barb just cant take all of them for a good reason. Or other instances when 1 melee dies... then a min. later another dies and then another.

If pple expect me to get a ress scroll, i expect them to get one to prevent situations like these where slow death causes a wipe, and could have been avoided if there was an extra ress available, but instead lay there dead while the solo cleric frantically tries to heal the remaining left. Bring your own tissue and wipe your own ****. We will assist you, we wont wipe it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MisBehave - Heavens Tear
    MisBehave - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Why?

There had been TOO many instances where a couple melee go down, and the cleric get clobbered up they cant even BB or aoe heal, and there are bad luck times when the barb just cant take all of them for a good reason. Or other instances when 1 melee dies... then a min. later another dies and then another.

If pple expect me to get a ress scroll, i expect them to get one to prevent situations like these where slow death causes a wipe, and could have been avoided if there was an extra ress available, but instead lay there dead while the solo cleric frantically tries to heal the remaining left. Bring your own tissue and wipe your own ****. We will assist you, we wont wipe it for you.

Whoa.

My lvl 80 cleric carries scrolls and GAs. I don't wipe anyone's **** but do perform the functions that cleric should....HEAL and RES. No scrolls? Never.

The fact that you die sometimes because of game features or other people making mistakes is just the game. Don't like it? Play another class.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Woah! I just got unbanned and first post i read is one of the typical MystiMonk's Deliriums.

You said many times you played a lot of healing classes on a bunch of other games. Why, then, you just don't go playing those other games instead makeread your deviated ideas on PW to clerics that would like to play in a way worth to be named Cleric's?

Then, have you ever tried a TT run where you rush streets full of mobs? Do you know what means to accidentally die over that and do have not a res scroll?

I) You go to town. Same exp loss.
    II) In the best case the tank has to go to town to by Town Portal to make you rush mobs again. In worst case you may need more squad members to go back to city (an archer for running buff... a BM for p-def buff).
    III) After have lost AT LEAST 15 min you are back to you location.

You have lost a lot of time, and you have made you mates lose a lot of time.
    Vote for CLERIC WORK: INSUFFICIENT

What happens if during a boss fight you accidentally die, maybe for an unexpected stron AoE, or whatever problem that can happened?

I) You must go to town. Your squad has no more healer.
    II) In 95% of the case all other ppl will die. PARTY WIPE. Why? because you didn't want to spend 50k on a Res Scroll.

Remember that our supportive role in whichever squad is to take care of our mates. We must care them with love!

If you play as a FAC, maybe the matter is different, so it is not your case.

Conclusion: go playing one of the other games where you play a healing class.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Whoa.

My lvl 80 cleric carries scrolls and GAs. I don't wipe anyone's **** but do perform the functions that cleric should....HEAL and RES. No scrolls? Never.

The fact that you die sometimes because of game features or other people making mistakes is just the game.
    I heal and ress too.
    I spend HP and MP charms too. ALOT. Hence why most public TT runs clerics are in the first top 3 of choice of mat (or quantity). The fact that pple die sometimes because of game features or other pple making mistakes is just a game. So applies to the scrolls. Your sitting on your ****, just clicking a mouse button.

Clerics are support, but to be alive is not only the clerics sole responsibility. It is EVERYONES. In more hardcore MMOs, EVERYONE (including the cleric) is expected to have multiple pre-ress items just so that they can save the healers precious minutes and seconds, distract the mobs to get in a good attack, lure the mobs away from already dead players so they can revive safely while the lurer dies, etc etc. This is the only game so far I see that many of the things that other pple/classes can also pitch in to do, are pushed aside due to cost, and shoved to specific classes just because their job description says 'this is their role'.

Don't like it? Play another class.
    lay off the beer when you post. No where in my post says i dont like bein cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

Why?

Thank You well said.I couldn't say it better myself.

I am not going to bring res scroll because other won't as they are far to expensive.
    This where you contraticted yourself if you are dead they should res you with a scroll not you but them.
  • WulfsLove - Dreamweaver
    WulfsLove - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This where you contraticted yourself if you are dead they should res you with a scroll not you but them.

He never contradicted himself. This just shows you have no knowledge of res scrolls. You cant use a res scroll to res someone else, it only works if the dead person is carrying it.
    And as for cost, many squads I run with in TT and a few other places, have been happy to buy a res scroll when im out. There have been several times res scrolls have stopped a party wipe when someone makes a mistake and gets me killed.
    I will keep carrying a res scroll whenever I go into an instance, just to increase survivability of the squad.
    It wouldnt hurt for other party members to carry them when to increase survivability of a squad. I dont expect my other party members to carry them, but it would be appreciated for some situations.
    edited September 2009
    Options

I'm having more and more trouble answering you . . . first you say clerics don't need res scrolls because they can cast revive on themselves, now we don't need scrolls cause other people can use them on us . . . You are aware neither of those options are actually possible?
    I think perhaps you are confusing PWI with the 'other games' you always mention.

As for party members carrying scrolls, I think it's a damn good idea. My expectations from most players are just too low to assume they have one however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i think everyone should have them
    what if your doing wurlord for example in 2-1 i have seen lots off venos getting 1 shot cause i couldnt stop the first atack
    and the cleric needs to ress sure i survive i do invoke and got jioazi but i dont know how that will be on 2-2 and 2-3
    or that time our cleric was the only 1 that could pull quanji well she failed got ads after her died
    everyone except me in the squad died and i was running like hell cause quanji was after me with its ads
    but yeah the price ensures no one ussally has them(i never have 1 btw so its partly my own fault)
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    He never contradicted himself. This just shows you have no knowledge of res scrolls. You cant use a res scroll to res someone else, it only works if the dead person is carrying it.
    And as for cost, many squads I run with in TT and a few other places, have been happy to buy a res scroll when im out. There have been several times res scrolls have stopped a party wipe when someone makes a mistake and gets me killed.
    I will keep carrying a res scroll whenever I go into an instance, just to increase survivability of the squad.
    It wouldnt hurt for other party members to carry them when to increase survivability of a squad. I dont expect my other party members to carry them, but it would be appreciated for some situations.

One thing to say in MystiMonk's favor is that, being lvl 62, she can't have experienced many instances and features in which res scrolls are needed.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rofl if ur carefull u dont need scrolls
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure you lose the same exp you would if you were to just go back to town, just with the added convenience of coming back to life right next to the mob/person that just killed you.

And as for spirit loss, I don't think you lose any, whenever you die.

somehow reviving next to the thing that killed you doesn't sound like much of a convenience. xD lol what if they just strike you down when you stand then BOOM 2x exp loss. (>.<) seriously some mobs don't move...

the answer is simple either make sure the squad clears out enough mobs to get back. (just aggro some of the "dangerous" mobs yourself and run towards the tank) xD and when you get party wiped kick someone and invite another cleric lol. you shouldn't have to be the only class that loses exp. =(
    dead people don't get warped out of FBs right? b:laugh
    b:thanks

or do what my friend does. (>.<) keep res at a extremely low level and use that as a warning to keep people alive. lol~
    it's like saying if you die you'll only get the equivalent of a res scroll b:shocked

actually on 2nd thought please level res. D: magic hamsters might die out in the open fighting regular mobs and would appreciate it. (>.<)'
    One thing to say in MystiMonk's favor is that, being lvl 62, she can't have experienced many instances and features in which res scrolls are needed.

this probably applies to me as well. D:
    except me will out level mystimonk soon. ^.^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    somehow reviving next to the thing that killed you doesn't sound like much of a convenience. xD lol what if they just strike you down when you stand then BOOM 2x exp loss. (>.<) seriously some mobs don't move...

the answer is simple either make sure the squad clears out enough mobs to get back. (just aggro some of the "dangerous" mobs yourself and run towards the tank) xD and when you get party wiped kick someone and invite another cleric lol. you shouldn't have to be the only class that loses exp. =(
    dead people don't get warped out of FBs right? b:laugh
    b:thanks

or do what my friend does. (>.<) keep res at a extremely low level and use that as a warning to keep people alive. lol~
    it's like saying if you die you'll only get the equivalent of a res scroll b:shocked

actually on 2nd thought please level res. D: magic hamsters might die out in the open fighting regular mobs and would appreciate it. (>.<)'

this probably applies to me as well. D:

Sarcasm, my friend. Sweet sweet sarcasm. And usually if you get killed by a random add, they'll go straight for one of your other teammates, giving you enough time to res.

And don't worry, we'll all out level MystiMonk soon. She's been high 5x - low 6x since I was 3x...
    We are not your slaves,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

If you're careful you won't need to use the couple scrolls you have saved in your inventory either. Its sort of a better to come prepared and not need them, then to run into a circumstance where they would save your squad but you don't have them.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And don't worry, we'll all out level MystiMonk soon. She's been high 5x - low 6x since I was 3x...

When i start playing PWI she was lvl 58... I remember because she flamed me on my noob topics b:cry
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Tell me that when you first start doing 2-3 and 3-3 b:chuckleb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm having more and more trouble answering you . . . first you say clerics don't need res scrolls because they can cast revive on themselves, now we don't need scrolls cause other people can use them on us . . . You are aware neither of those options are actually possible?

I wasn't aware that res scrolls can only be used on those who carried them.I thought that they could be used on anyone who had them eg a Veno could res a Wiz..I thought the mechanic worked this way yes like in another game I play that has them.

I much prefer that mechanic over this mechanic in this game.Sorry for that confusion.

I would really like to see a change to res scrolls and make them cheaper.This would help out in TW as well.
    Originally Posted by Lenyel-HarshlandsWhen i start playing PWI she was lvl 58... I remember because she flamed me on my noob topics
    Where did I say this as well I have few other char like lvl 45 Veno,lvl38 BM,lvl32 Archer as wel a lvl 25 Barb.I don't recall flaming you as I hardly do that.
    Originally Posted by Sralyn-DreamweaverAnd don't worry, we'll all out level MystiMonk soon. She's been high 5x - low 6x since I was 3x...
    You have always been higher than me.
    Orignally Posted by MagicHamstra-Harshlandsthis probably applies to me as well. D:
    I doubt that very much and what about your Wiz.
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You have always been higher than me.

Well, considering your join date is 5 months before mine, I highly doubt that's possible.
    We are not your slaves,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]