Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    its not PWs fault pple buy things >.>

hello.

Free choice.

400k+ a gold?

Blame the impatient 'tards who actually buy it for that price. If no one buys gold, they return from the auction to the seller anyway.

either that or stop trying to compete for uberz gear. There WILL be plenty players better than you no matter how you try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lungs - Lost City
    Lungs - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1252987781901.png
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The US is not in depression or all of the banks wouldn't be in business.The unemployment rate would be way higher than it is now.The US governement loaned out money to prevent this from happening.Please stop thinking of game economy as to that of the real world which it isn't.There are no interest rates,exchange rates and stock markets in games.

US was in depression, now it is not as bad as before. Recession has not ended and no one knows if there will be a second dip. Like u've said, the US govt basically just pumped in more money in order to get the consumers to calm down and thus stockholders wont be in the hurry to sell out their stocks.

Interest rate, AH has it. Exchange rate, one gold = how many in game coins. Stock markets (this part though, is entirely superficial as the PWI management can manuplicate this). However, by manuplicating the market such as the introduction of the aniversary packs, the immediate response was great. gold prices leaped from 160k to possibly 380k-400k.

I agree with u that the economy in PWI cant be put directly on the same scale as the world economy, it sure has traces of resemblance to it.
    edited September 2009
    its not PWs fault pple buy things >.>

hello.

Free choice.

400k+ a gold?

Blame the impatient 'tards who actually buy it for that price. If no one buys gold, they return from the auction to the seller anyway.

either that or stop trying to compete for uberz gear. There WILL be plenty players better than you no matter how you try.

The problem is, people who TWs needs the end game gears, thus driving the prices up. They do get their weekly TW pays and even with the extraordinary prices, they could get better gears in this month.

Scroll of tome, even the lv 5 tomes which costs 68m to make cannot hold a candle against it.
    Lunar Glade weapons, one would get an edge over the rest with it.
    2 token of best lucks = 10m straight

This is good for the high lvls, but how about the low levels who just got to lv50. Paying 1m+ for a hammer?

With the recent direction of sales, more people are getting discontended with the situation at hand. What i was trying to say is that this group of discontended people needs to be satisfied before they start moving off. Only with a contended customerbase will a company truely earn revenue in the long run. (in the long run)
    edited September 2009
    The problem is, people who TWs WANTS the end game gears, thus driving the prices up. They do get their weekly TW pays and even with the extraordinary prices, they could get better gears in this month.

Scroll of tome, even the lv 5 tomes which costs 68m to make cannot hold a candle against it.
    Lunar Glade weapons, one would get an edge over the rest with it.
    2 token of best lucks = 10m straight

This is good for the high lvls, but how about the low levels who just got to lv50. Paying 1m+ for a hammer? We grew up with no box or hammer or BH or genie. Im sure it wont kill them if they dont open one at lv50

With the recent direction of sales, more people are getting discontended with the situation at hand. What i was trying to say is that this group of discontended people needs to be satisfied before they start moving off. Only with a contended customerbase will a company truely earn revenue in the long run. (in the long run)
    fixed. It really just boils down to "I WANT, I WANT, I WANT" on both sides. b:surrender Just because a handful of rich pple are pimping themselves with gear and charms, doesnt mean you have to go domino block and follow their lead, enough to change the non-essentials to mandatory items. What we didnt even have a month before is suddenly a manditory item cause of epeen-age. There is a thing called gradual change and need but this is certainly not one of them.

You also need to weigh the fact that a huge portion of unsatisfied pple are the ones who do not spend a dime... If your a tax payer... you know how that feels...
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This PWI recession, and quite possibly the Global Recession entirely, is caused by one thing: lack of lulz. You see, lulz is a cleanly burning, easily renewable and refineable resource which can power many things in this world--no, this universe. It makes cars run, toasters toast, refrigerators refrige, and even aids in the breathing of every single solitary living cell known to man (and several known to pineapples). These lulz have been slowly dwindling away due to the lack of lulz-generators, proper forum trolls.

No, I'm not talking of those "OMG U SO STOOPID PvE KAREBEAR!!111ONEONE1!!1337!!1" lazy-eyed drivelers or those pompous, self-centered "You're wrong, and if you reply, it just proves you're wrong"-type of false trolls. I mean REAL trolls, that get their message across, cause some laughs, maybe a little uproar or two, dodge and counter any argument against their main point, then disappear into the night, like some insane lawyer who also does a little Goth on the side.

Think about the lulz, friends. Without proper trolls like me on the forums anymore, it's up to you. Learn to garner those hilarious responses, but know the rules so that all of your attempts and efforts cannot be acted against. Be patient, and the lulz will come to you. And, if you see an amateur troll so full of fail that it makes Kanye West look like an upstanding member of society, please, do the population a favor and shoot 'em, stuff 'em, and re-purpose them as a litter-picking device.

b:cute

Danke!

YAR think of teh lulz~ we need to make more lulz generators~ wait... what the??
    Konariraiden? "Without proper trolls like me on the forums anymore, it's up to you." Nooooes Konariraiden has run out of lulz. D: we all doomed. b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this is a great game but as of today i quit this game since it just got too annoying with the sale after sale after sale. Not only that but they started **** over the ppl who worked hard to get the rare mounts and now they devalued them all and with tomorrows patch they screwed the nine tails and the bad panda LOL well cya pwi it was fun while it lasted. Lets all go play ****!!!!!!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this is a great game but as of today i quit this game since it just got too annoying with the sale after sale after sale. Not only that but they started **** over the ppl who worked hard to get the rare mounts and now they devalued them all and with tomorrows patch they screwed the nine tails and the bad panda LOL well cya pwi it was fun while it lasted. Lets all go play ****!!!!!!

D:
    your quitting a great game because of what other people value your mount as? huh. I guess it's a PvE thing or something. b:shocked
    (T.T)
    but really? That's the only reason why your leaving? The only reason you played? hmm some friend you are DX

well sowwy to see you leave. b:sad

It's probably just me but I go back to every online game I find good (except the pay to play ones D: would be a huge waste just to pay to play for about an hour month) and have met great people on even if it's only once every month or two. d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    fixed. It really just boils down to "I WANT, I WANT, I WANT" on both sides. b:surrender Just because a handful of rich pple are pimping themselves with gear and charms, doesnt mean you have to go domino block and follow their lead, enough to change the non-essentials to mandatory items. What we didnt even have a month before is suddenly a manditory item cause of epeen-age. There is a thing called gradual change and need but this is certainly not one of them.

You also need to weigh the fact that a huge portion of unsatisfied pple are the ones who do not spend a dime... If your a tax payer... you know how that feels...

The issue now is because there is such a handful of people willing to pump gold prices up, the rest of the server community has to suffer the consequences. Yes one can survive without the items, but the implications as such is that the gold prices has gone up. How about mandetory items such as charms? At the rate we are going, one would be "forced" to spend irl cash to play on. Cash shop is designed to give a paying player an edge over the rest, but with the intense reliance on charms in this game, a normal non-paying gamer would find himself struggling to keep up with prices. This is a F2P game.

I agree with you on the point about the majority of unsatisfied people are those who dont spend cash often, but isnt this a F2P game? why should we be "forced" to spend money in order to play this game? If in that case i might as well go find a subscription based game which provides WAY BETTER customer services and get my money worthwhile with in terms of enjoyment and flawless gameplay?

PS: i think everyone would have skipped some of my arguements due to the lengthy paragraphs. I did say that i am posting this not because of the cash charging, rather, we would want a customer service which is worth the money we spent on the game. (how many times have u had something that went wrong in the game, and there was no one to help you out?)
  • satown
    satown Posts: 9
    edited September 2009
    BRING BACK THE CLOSED BETA THAT WAS A GREAT TIME FREE GOLD AND DECENT PPL TO CHILL WITH~!

Time Machine FTW

and y did we only get that sorry hell hound that looks like some one just threw paint on and called it new no uber gear for all our dedication.
  • Malndor - Sanctuary
    Malndor - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The management team of perfect world just dont learn, do they?

US economy went into a depression because of the huge bubble they have created with the loans.
    PWI is going to get into a depression if the sales continues. Aniversary event is already pushing the limits and now the gold charm pack? Dont they know that they are just creating this huge cash shop bubble, or do they already forsee the downfall of PWI with the new the-game-not-to-be-mentioned, thus trying to squeeze out as much money as possible before the population dimishes?

i hope they do realise that, the major cash spenders are the ones who can afford it and they are the one driving the economy. What makes PWI so sure that these huge money spenders will not move on to a P2P game, at which PWI seems to be heading at the rate its going? PWI is meant to be a F2P game (with the removal of the housing system), because of the graphics and etc, it can never compete with a P2P game.

A certain game-now-to-be-mentioned by (another company) has way better graphics and game-play, cash spenders can and may move on to another game if this does not stay competitive enough.

Breaking it down
    i hope they do realise that, the major cash spenders are the ones who can afford it and they are the one driving the economy.

You mean those ones that support the game?
    What makes PWI so sure that these huge money spenders will not move on to a P2P game

And what if they do? are you willing to drive them away just to get free gold when it will cause even more bugs and more problems cause no cash is coming in to support it? That's very cut off your nose despite your face.

Are you people even thinking anymore?

You can afford take away like KFC but you can't afford $5 here and there.

I for one have put $5 here and there to support it, It's like a small reward to me. I put it in knowing I can come and go as I please, cause it's free. No restrictions on feeling like you're going to lose your character if you don't pay for 1 fortnight.

And you know what? I'm going to be putting in $150 in the next couple of days. So as long as the Auction house sells the gold as it is, I'll keep spending this amount of cash from this moment on, if not MORE.

Flame all you want, it's become nothing but whining from people who want everything on a silver platter, what next? FREE Mounts, FREE Boutique?

The way I see it, people could practically get 'free' gold by the way the prices were before. Now you can't so your whining. To bad. IMO PWI deserves to have all the money put into it as it can. It's a good game for FREE and has the better support then some games I know that are P2P.

I'd choose PWI over "The game that shall not be mentioned" (oooo sounds very harry potterish b:chuckle) anyday because of the Support alone.

Get a Job or Beg your parents for more money whatever category you fit into.
    edited September 2009
    I for one have put $5 here and there to support it, It's like a small reward to me. I put it in knowing I can come and go as I please, cause it's free. No restrictions on feeling like you're going to lose your character if you don't pay for 1 fortnight.

And you know what? I'm going to be putting in $150 in the next couple of days. So as long as the Auction house sells the gold as it is, I'll keep spending this amount of cash from this moment on, if not MORE.

Flame all you want, it's become nothing but whining from people who want everything on a silver platter, what next? FREE Mounts, FREE Boutique?

Get a Job or Beg your parents for more money whatever category you fit into.

i agree with you totally on the point that we put in money to support it. But first the company has to prove its worth for us to CONTINUE supporting it

when did u join this game? ohh i see, recent huh. You didnt get to experience the times before PW messed up. U realise that DQ horses (silvermane/violet lightning) are supposed to be work-reward based, those horses requires 50 silver dragon silvers and 50 copper dragon orders? people slogged for that, paid 18m for those horses and what do we get now? newcomers who can get it so long as they have the money to pay. What about those who has spent their time to get those through DQ?

Like i've said, i dont mind PW adding more aesthetics cash shop items so long as it does not affect the majority of the population. Lunar Glade weapons, people used to work hours and hours just to get it, getting it is like a status symbol. And what has PW made of lunar glade weapons? even a dumb 7 year old kid who uses their parent's credit card can get it with just a click of a mouse button.

Spend all u like, i dont care. Perhaps one day u will realise that its all just pixels. True the cash spenders get to have things easier, but what pw is heading is to a cash-reward system instead of a work-reward system. Now any dumb 7 yr old kid can play this game and be "good" at it
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    bleh my solution is simple: PWI should simply put a limiter on how high gold prices can go and not make it go even 1 coin over. this will still allow cash players to take the easy way out of the game while making it not immpossible for those who put time into the game to make ingame cash jsut to find out that prices have jump again. or even atleast back off on all these sells and events and all for a few months i noticed that b4 these massive chain of special events gold was at reasonable prices. but as events happened more frequently prices never had a chance to back down to normal b4 one of these new events came out. real good example i can think of is from the end of jolly jones event then followed by this b-day event. at the end of jolly jone event on dreamweaver gold was around say 250k-300k which to me is abiit pushing it but still some wat tolarable. but the moment this b-day event lunched gold doubled and no1 was able to keep up. because of it only cash players have full access to gold while we non-cash players have to grind for like 9 hours just to get the coin for 1 gold. to me seems quite unfair to us that we should spend so long to just get 1 gold while the cash players get our money, get the best equip, then out lvl us cause they have time to do methods such as rebirths which takes 3 hours normally and just all in genaral have access to the best stuff. so i think a limitation would really benifit all us who work hard for the stuff we gain and give us a chance to keep up with cash players. anyways that my 1 cent worth and i hope something is done soon.

I know this is WAY too late to reply to this, but actually there IS a limit to how high of a price you can sell gold for, and how many you can sell.

The limit is 9999 gold at 1,000,000 each

Yes I agree that limit is set way too high.

but however it's still a limit.
    >.<
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    Umeru - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It would seem that the "in-game economy" has spun out of control recently. The Anniversary event was clearly designed to generate revenue for PWI, while providing some oft-useful items, or in some cases, extremely rare items, for players who typically could not afford their in-game price.

The charm packs; also a welcome respite from the usual boutique price. If you break it down, the math on the Charm Pack makes it a wonderful buy.

There are several problems, however:

1.) With the Ani packs, these item prices spiralled up and out of reach of anyone who is not in a TW faction. Seriously- there were items that went for an upwards of 50 million coins the first week the Ani packs came out.

This is not something the GMs or Dev team can control- prices will be set by the seller, and if the demand is that great, someone will pay. Again, this may have hurt the in-game economy [Sub prices down to around 45k-ish, for example] but overall, these effects will wear away after the packs are gone.

2.) The more serious concern is the in-game selling of Zen/Gold. Players bypass the AH and set an astrinomical in-game fee of their own- today, gold prices were in excess of 380k- per gold.

The easiest way to combat this, honestly, is simple- disallow it. Issue bans for players selling gold in World Chat. Force players to go back to using the AH- where the GMs and Dev team COULD set a limit on pricing; and suddenly, you have balanced out one of the most spoken-of problems in this thread: affordablilty.

If, for example, Joe A. Spends 40 dollars on gold, and only needed 10, he may spam WC right now, and make aproximately 380k per gold. Joe B., however, is a more casual player- and has 3 kids and a house payment to pay. He does not have the option to spend 30 dollars in-game; but he really wants a sleek new mount. So, now he has to pay the astrinomical prices... but wait; he can't. he's only a casual player- it takes him weeks to accumulate 380k, let alone the 3 million-plus we are talking about needing to buy Joe A.'s gold for a mount. Follow me so far??

If, instead, Joe A. Was forced to sell his excess gold in the AH at a GM/Dev set rate of, say.... 120-150k per gold, Joe B. can now afford his mount, Joe A. still sells his gold, and the situation becomes win/win.

If the GM/Dev team began issuing temp-bans for WC gold selling, and implimented a system in the AH that set prices at a market norm- I would be willing to bet that PWE would see an increase in profit from in-game sale.
    Let's go one step further- we'll even reward the players who sell their gold in the AH- let's say, for every 100 gold sold in the AH, PWI sends them a coupon via their registered e-mail account for 20% bonus on their next purchase? A reward for following the rules, and keeping PW fun for all of us!

The temp-bans, on the other hand, would have to be harsh enough to discourage WC sellers; 24 hours would not be enough.

I welcome your feedback on my ideas.

^^ this is seconded.i
    And no, its not the end of pwi... I may quit due, but not to that fail game going to be filled with kiddies QQ and QQ and QQ. I won't quit for that game ^^,

Anyways OP, so if your QQing about something you want for free, then you will QQ about yourself being weak (fighter right?) and the sorcerers are too overpowered you won't even be able to even hit them once, on top of that.... You are going to choose a fighter in that game right? Even 1 cleric can beat 3 of them (fighters) at once, if you don't believe me, I can show you. So melee classes are an embarrassment in that game. So if you won't be happy with that game, you move onto another not being happy with your troll self.

I would actually re-roll into a chinese version of pwi soon. Also support it as well. PWI only seems to have classes not only balanced, but non-cheap shots ^^. It makes you more skilled in gaming, also smarter as well. I won't actually quit at all... I will stay until pwi shuts down, also sounds like a long time too.

I hate to say it to you bad trolls and QQers quitting... Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
    edited September 2009
    gold prices just hit a record high of 900k in Heavens Tear

the lowest being 490k, and there are only 80 gold in AH circulating now. beat that

clearly the post above did not understand what i meant, i have spent money in this and i will, so long as the conditions are favourable for me to do so.
    You said exchange rates will go down once the event is over, but hadnt you been saying that for the past few months? Jolly Jones / Aniversary events / ohh and i see a xmas warsoul sale coming too.
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    gold prices just hit a record high of 900k in Heavens Tear

the lowest being 490k, and there are only 80 gold in AH circulating now. beat that

clearly the post above did not understand what i meant, i have spent money in this and i will, so long as the conditions are favourable for me to do so.
    You said exchange rates will go down once the event is over, but hadnt you been saying that for the past few months? Jolly Jones / Aniversary events / ohh and i see a xmas warsoul sale coming too.

I understand from coins are high, but thats because people are using too much gold from ingame coins. Its definitely understandable that the devs raising gold prices. If people are taking advantage of some items they get from me for free, I would definitely put a stop to that. Optional things are not free from any other game other than this one. So why bother with ingame coins? If it is too much for you then why not buy with RL money? Other games are basically a complete ripoff. Your charms can last for weeks, where in another game, charms last for just 1 hour, difference is it was cheaper in order for you to buy so many making you pay more than the pwi charms.

Imagine in a game where you can buy a mount from another game for cheaper than pwi's mount, but its temporary for like only 1 week or if your mount is permanent but needs cash shopped food and your mount is NOT tradable

But here, you can buy a mount and its PERMANENT and tradeable, but its more expensive than the other game

But what happens if you end up buying the cheaper one more often now? Your mount will disappear after 1 week or needs food which is only payable from cash shop, which one you paying more on?

Ok what about the other game you want to go to? Your flying is fail, you have a limited flying time instead of having freely to fly here. The sounds from that game sounds like kids hitting lids with spoons, and what is "tuna can"? I rather have high coin prices than people flaming me or sneaky cut-throat tricks from the GMs any day. Thus making me stay in pwi, the GMs are nice, the devs made a little mistake but they tried b:pleased , its better to help them get better in enhancing pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    shnuggles wrote: »
    I edited out your little "hint" because advertising of other games on our forums is not allowed. This is your formal warning that if you do it again, your forum privileges will be removed. You can have a constructive conversatioon without mentioning "other games". There is a rhyme and reason to everything our company does and do remember we have only been out one year so some areas are still being worked on for prepaid cards etc. Yes we are company and obviously we want to make money to pay the bills but look, not everything we do is about money and we do try our best to make all of you happy. We won't make all of you happy of course, but still obey our rules if you are going to post here.

Also note that because you live and play in Singapore, you will probably not see many payment solutions for your region because there is already a version of Perfect World for that region. Due to internal reasons, you will not see many (if any at all) payment solutions for your region due to this licencing issue.

No. You can't tell me everything you do isn't about money. Every update is cash shop related, every event is cash shop related. You can't even try and fool me that you care anything about the game or the players when all you do to "pay the bills" is with the cash shop.

Please, for once, just try and listen to our suggestions. There are so many thread or posts on how you can lower prices. With lower prices, you'd probably even make MORE money. 50 dollars a mount is not needed to "pay the bills." The money you make from your sales are probably enough to buy a small island.

Even if you'd just make the game 15 dollars a month, it'd be better! This game is so much fun, even better then WoW in my opinion (sorry for the reference to other game, just saying how it sucks compared to this game). It's not as big, it's not as flashy or advertised, but it's better. Now you need to work out your pricing issues, because it's out of control, like a runaway train.

Also, if you've noticed, since the release of that "other game," the forums are a hell of a lot less active. I'm starting to get bored posting and not getting a response for several minutes. QQ

Lower prices.
    Advertise.
    More players.
    Better game.
    Period.
    edited September 2009
    Sometimes a small mistake can lead to a huge downfall. Lehman brothers did, what i wanted to show through this thread was for the devs to reflect on the path that they are going down. Sure, they will get more revenue in the short term, what about in the long term? where people starts to lose interest, browsing through the forums, and from my personal experience, more and more people are getting disconsented.

Well, i cant agree more that PWI has certainly did a great job in making this a great experience for us in the beginning. GMs did a great job, never in my posts have i displayed hate against them, they have helped to keep PWI under control, no mass botting etc. However, a good game/company need to be followed through, and the recent few months has made people lose confidence. In this web 2.0 world, either you ride the wave or get swallowed by it, there are just too many online games coming up.

The attention span of most gamers are usually 1-3years, and it is natural for players to leave. However, what i am seeing here is a huge outflow of disgrunted players with little inflow of new players.
    Im not sure about you being a beginner or experienced, but there are several players like you who are happy about the game. I am not against this, infact i welcome this for the good of PWI . Sadly though, this is just a minority group versus the huge majority of the population.
    edited September 2009
    No. You can't tell me everything you do isn't about money. Every update is cash shop related, every event is cash shop related. You can't even try and fool me that you care anything about the game or the players when all you do to "pay the bills" is with the cash shop.

Please, for once, just try and listen to our suggestions. There are so many thread or posts on how you can lower prices. With lower prices, you'd probably even make MORE money. 50 dollars a mount is not needed to "pay the bills." The money you make from your sales are probably enough to buy a small island.

Even if you'd just make the game 15 dollars a month, it'd be better! This game is so much fun, even better then WoW in my opinion (sorry for the reference to other game, just saying how it sucks compared to this game). It's not as big, it's not as flashy or advertised, but it's better. Now you need to work out your pricing issues, because it's out of control, like a runaway train.

Lower prices.
    Advertise.
    More players.
    Better game.
    Period.

Exactly. I dont see so many QQ threads about any other games like this one. No News is Bad News, we are complaining because we do not want to see such a great game go to a waste.
  • BORN_LEGEND - Dreamweaver
    BORN_LEGEND - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree with the fact it's a company that needs money, and from what i have read everybody that is a "work for the reward player" and refuses (or cannot afford) to pay RL money is complaining that it is near impossible to buy cash shop items with in game money, i completely agree.

Has anybody stopped to think though, There is not alot of ways to make a decent amount of In Game Money unless you are a high level & do dungeon runs till your fingers bleed.

Thus the lack of in game money making methods is stopping F2P people from keeping up with the raising prices of items.

PW is a young company, granted, but there is a thin line between self running economy, and a crashing economy.

PW needs time to find this line and stablise the economy, so that it runs smoothly. i have 2 suggestions as to help the current situation.

(1) SLOW down on the current rush of events, let the F2P players accumulate money to prepare for the forth coming events.

(2) release more benaficial ways for F2P players to make more money other than TT or TW so they can also enjoy benefits from there time spent ingame.

As a new company i understand its goin 2 be very difficult to find a fine balance in the economy, there will be alot of trial and error, but i have hope things will be resolved in what ever way PW decides is best for all of us.

PS: As somebody mentioned earlier about silver mane and violet lightening, to put them in the cash shop was a wrong, and rather insulting move. they are rewards for those people who put time and effort into DQ, or making money to buy them. now they are so easily obtained, leaving nothing for the hard working F2P to show.
  • Umeru - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I agree with the fact it's a company that needs money, and from what i have read everybody that is a "work for the reward player" and refuses (or cannot afford) to pay RL money is complaining that it is near impossible to buy cash shop items with in game money, i completely agree.

Has anybody stopped to think though, There is not alot of ways to make a decent amount of In Game Money unless you are a high level & do dungeon runs till your fingers bleed.

Thus the lack of in game money making methods is stopping F2P people from keeping up with the raising prices of items.

PW is a young company, granted, but there is a thin line between self running economy, and a crashing economy.

PW needs time to find this line and stablise the economy, so that it runs smoothly. i have 2 suggestions as to help the current situation.

(1) SLOW down on the current rush of events, let the F2P players accumulate money to prepare for the forth coming events.

(2) release more benaficial ways for F2P players to make more money other than TT or TW so they can also enjoy benefits from there time spent ingame.

As a new company i understand its goin 2 be very difficult to find a fine balance in the economy, there will be alot of trial and error, but i have hope things will be resolved in what ever way PW decides is best for all of us.

PS: As somebody mentioned earlier about silver mane and violet lightening, to put them in the cash shop was a wrong, and rather insulting move. they are rewards for those people who put time and effort into DQ, or making money to buy them. now they are so easily obtained, leaving nothing for the hard working F2P to show.

Yeah, agreed b:chuckle... I wana show a funny vid but I don't know if its allowed... GMs... can I show this? I just think this is funny and people should see this lol. Yes, its that game but its being made fun of though lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nyan nyan nyan nyan.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Under no circumstances should something like that get posted.
  • powergeyser
    powergeyser Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Maan...you know, I'm usually optimistic about things but that's towards my REAL LIFE situations, NOT GAMES. From GAMES I expect NOTHING LESS than what PWI has provided for me so far, an ESCAPE from my hectic@times Cali life...

I love playing this game and all the MANY KOOL aspects about it but...I mean, I can't really deny reading most of the posts in here has effected my optimism for this game somewhat. I've only played for 4 months now, (stoped for a couple weeks or so...), and right now my newly started Cleric is lvl 21, (an older one is 32 but I'm trying a new build...). According to these posts though PWI will either not be around in the near future or I'll end up not playing anymore around levels 60-70, ( if that, lol...), due to my having to pay bills still for my REAL LIFE survival in my LOVED San Diego, California state since I can't be digitized into data to go LIVE and WORK within Perfect World International itself.

I suppose all the questing, leveling, farming and herb collecting will just amount to...ultimately herb collecting and killing monsters that used to BULLY me, for me anyways...Oh yeah, there's always the flying too which is THE BOMB for me. There's just something KOOL about flying at 79 miles or meters over everything that get's my IMAGINATION flowing no matter how corny the Moon or Sunrise looks, lol...

I know I know, some of you are probably thinking, "Waawaa, another BROKE AZZ whining about US RICH FOLKS having it all...", and maybe your right... Judge me all you like because as long as I ain't HOMELESS and still paying taxes I'm STRAIGHT!

P.S Eventually, I can still log in to just herb collect and most importantly..."FLY..", haha...Take that away Depression, "CHEEEHOOO"...Samoan way of saying BOOYAA...Peace
    edited October 2009
    P.S Eventually, I can still log in to just herb collect and most importantly..."FLY..", haha...Take that away Depression, "CHEEEHOOO"...Samoan way of saying BOOYAA...Peace
    My last workmates use to say that o_O wondered what it was.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Mhmmm, it really depends on how you think of the economy for this. Yes, PWI is going to and might already be facing the waves of this economy very soon. So of course they need money. I finally understand now and I don't unlike others "despise" them because of the Anniversary Packs (Although during the entire month I avoided them, no questions asked).

I have a good gut feeling that the reason for all these sales is to accumulate enough money for months ahead into the future when finally all the money coming in from us players goes down negative. I mean, when people stop buying, theres no money. How is the company going to survive? They can't then.

So even though people hate all these sales (Believe me, I understand too), we have to understand its for the upcoming storm that PWI is and will face in the near future. And to all those saying it is a depression, it has not been officially announced as a depression. It is still rather a recession (although a very bad one I must add in) and we must treat it that way. Technically to PWI and the world, the recession is the door to a depression.

But yeah, these are my thoughts. However, I am not saying you should just go off and buy gold, its just that we have to understand what the company is thinking. After all, most of us love this game, so we should try to understand too. Though of course if you do want to protest, just stop buying gold or whatever. Or like me, just avoid somethings (ex.- Anniversary packs, etc)

However, we must though in the meantime also prepare just in case PWI doesn't accumulate enough money for a down-fall. Not saying that PWI will go down (it is international obviously) but the game might though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Sheinaa - Heavens Tear
    Sheinaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Before the aniversary event a SOF or PP (venos point of view) costed about 3 to 3.5 k...now its very diffrent...the prices have more then doubled..and for a persone who dose not buy zhen often it is litteraly impossible for me to evn try and get a herc or a nix...the average cost of buying these pets are now more then 50 mill...and its true tht when u get into ur 80z and 90z the only thing tht makes a veno powerfull is his legendary pets. They should relly fix this problem before people start to leave the game.
  • Mayacamus - Heavens Tear
    Mayacamus - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    US economy went into a depression because of the huge bubble they have created with the loans.

NOPE. There has been no depression since The Great Depression. Recession, yes. Depression, no.

And the loans, only part of it.
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The fact is, sadly- this is the direction games are taking, because it's profitable. The Dev Team can't step in to wave a magic wand and "fix" our economy, because although we all sit here and [let's be honest] QQ about the in-game economy, none of us have actually left. We are all still active, we all still put money into the game; weather it's buying overpriced gold from others, or buying zen outright from the site.

I recently heard a rumor that *ahem* "another company" has announced that "it's highly anticipated sequal due out next year" will be using the same "in-game mall" system that PWI uses.

It makes them money. That, more than anything, is what this game was created for- to make money in exchange for a pleasurable experience on our part.

You want "them"[the Developers, GMs, execs, etc.] to sit up and pay attention? Stop spending money. Seriously- what would happen if every player- even from just one of the servers- did not buy ANY gold for 1 month? Do you think they would wonder why?

It doesn't take a degree in accounting or business management to know that without question, they would wonder: what could have possibly caused an x% drop in overall sales for the month?

It has been well documented in history- boycotts hurt. They can deal crippling blows to a company, and force them to ask the question: what can we do to improve the situation?

Again, as always, I welcome your feedback.
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You want "them"[the Developers, GMs, execs, etc.] to sit up and pay attention? Stop spending money. Seriously- what would happen if every player- even from just one of the servers- did not buy ANY gold for 1 month? Do you think they would wonder why?

Based on how the PWI economy is pure Capitalism and players "NEED" charms this boycotting gold for 1 month will have the opposite effect on the economy based on supply and demand.

To me the increased prices are an initial result of the Anniversary packs being release. And they will continue to be high because many people blew their bank load on buying zen for the packs meaning now there is less gold than normal being bought. Because there is not as much gold people are able to keep the prices high because there is no one competing with them to bring them down.

The price of gold will drop back down once peoples own wallets recover from the anni packs and they start to charge again.

Simple supply and demand...

On a surprising note... The PWE staff should have realized that releasing the packs would cause a temporary frenzy of buying gold followed by a large decrease in people charging and made the packs either worth more gold or contain less valuable items. That would have kept gold prices constant and would have made them earn more money in the short term (people who went insane to get certain items would have spent even more) and the long term (with people who spend a certain amount of money on this game a month)

All this said i will continue to play the game and enjoy it not QQing about the price of gold because with all economies...

it will recover sooner or later.
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    natedog97 wrote: »

it will recover sooner or later.

and now that packs are back... I'm gonna bank on later???

Fail, PWI. Fail.
This discussion has been closed.