How to build sockets???

Options
theblackyue
theblackyue Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm new, and I've asked around, but no one in the game will tell me (the few that have answered don't know, but the majority just ignore me, xD) how to make sockets (onto your weapon/armor). I want to upgrade some of my weapon and armor and they meet the level requirement of the gems, but when I try a window keeps popping up and says something like "You do not have any sockets on this _______".

Can someone please tell me how to get these sockets???
Post edited by theblackyue on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Weapons and armor sometimes comes with sockets if you get them from a monster drop or another player. NPC's do NOT sell socketed stuff.
    Also, you can add sockets to an item by using a Boutique item, but I'm guessing you don't want that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I have characters at level 18 and 14 but dont seem to have found any of these weapons as drops !
    How will you know they have slots on the weapons....and does armor have slots too ?
  • Asuni - Lost City
    Asuni - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    There are couple ways. One is buying "Socket stones" from people which is from Cash shop (Bontique). Another is manufactoring one and hoping to get sockets in them. And what Amiris said, you can find them as well (don't get your hopes up just to find socket item's easily).

@ Nightyne - Well it doesn't drop at a certain level, depends on luck, also it says "Sockets (1)(2)(3)" or so, max sockets for a weapon is 2, and armor is 3, no more than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww quality didn't turn out as well ;(, oh well.
  • Poseidon - Heavens Tear
    Poseidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but isnt it 4 socketes for equipment, 2 sockets for weapon..
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but isnt it 4 socketes for equipment, 2 sockets for weapon..

Yes. Maximum 4 sockets for armor, 2 for weapons.