Losing EQUIPED items while white/pink?

Bowlinbob - Lost City
Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
It hasn't ever happened to me but theres been talk that it is possible to lose equiped items while white/pink (dont confuse with pink with light red).

I'd like a GM confirmation on this if possible. If you refer to the chart under Death Penalty http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp it says that you cannot drop "equiped" items while white or pink if killed by another player.

That being said, Im curious why people are saying that they have dropped equiped items while not infamous.
Post edited by Bowlinbob - Lost City on

Comments

• _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes you can lose items when killed as a white name. But not equipped items.

I don't see why you need a GM confirmation when probably an ADMIN wrote out that whole page of information on how the PK mode drop rate works.

People are probably just QQing about how they lost and item and to make it sound *unfair* they say its glitched and cry about how it was equipped and they still dropped it qq ect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Yes you can lose items when killed as a white name. But not equipped items.

I don't see why you need a GM confirmation when probably an ADMIN wrote out that whole page of information on how the PK mode drop rate works.

I understand, I'm just curious why people say that they have lost equiped items while white. I want an admin since, as you should know, there are many bugs in this game. If this is a bug, it should be well known by all.
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    It hasn't ever happened to me but theres been talk that it is possible to lose equiped items while white/pink (dont confuse with pink with light red).

I'd like a GM confirmation on this if possible. If you refer to the chart under Death Penalty http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp it says that you cannot drop "equiped" items while white or pink if killed by another player.

That being said, Im curious why people are saying that they have dropped equiped items while not infamous.

i edited my post about why these people are probably claiming about bugs. If it were really a bug then it would be all over the forum, everyone would be wailing /wrists and it would be fixed ASAP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You have always had a 1% chance of dropping and item from your INVENTORY being white/pink named in PvP or even by mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    You have always had a 1% chance of dropping and item from your INVENTORY being white/pink named in PvP or even by mobs.

I know <__> im just becoming paranoid since ive heard of 3 cases that people have dropped EQUIPED items while white. (only thing ive really ever dropped was my trusty pickaxe <_<)

Edit: rose i think its 20% if your PINK to drop 1 SLOT in your inventory if killed by another player. *according to that table anyways*
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I know <__> im just becoming paranoid since ive heard of 3 cases that people have dropped EQUIPED items while white. (only thing ive really ever dropped was my trusty pickaxe <_<)

Are you sure you are not confusing this with Shattered Gear and the chi stones that drop once death happens?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Are you sure you are not confusing this with Shattered Gear and the chi stones that drop once death happens?

no ive been wondering about this for a while lol.

Edit btw i edited the post above this post :x
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    no ive been wondering about this for a while lol.

Edit btw i edited the post above this post :x

b:surrender I missed the "at least" before the 1%...lol

Anyways, I have found that the "drop" rate for PvP is pretty accurate from what I have experienced. Personally, I would not worry to much about it. IF someone has dropped an equipped item, they should log a ticket, but I would be curious in ss's if that had happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Clearly these people just need to buy more dolls.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    b:surrender I missed the "at least" before the 1%...lol

Anyways, I have found that the "drop" rate for PvP is pretty accurate from what I have experienced. Personally, I would not worry to much about it. IF someone has dropped an equipped item, they should log a ticket, but I would be curious in ss's if that had happened.

yea id be pissed if i lost my wings if i get 1 shot while grinding xD
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Clearly these people just need to buy more dolls.

:)

that didnt make sense. but mmk.

i shouldnt have to buy dolls.. Since i shouldnt be worried about dropping equiped items while white as stated by an official sorce on the website. Having said that, Im still curious why ive heard people QQ about losing equiped items while white, or if they are just bsing.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    yea id be pissed if i lost my wings if i get 1 shot while grinding xD
    that didnt make sense. but mmk.

i shouldnt have to buy dolls.. Since i shouldnt be worried about dropping equiped items while white as stated by an official sorce on the website. Having said that, Im still curious why ive heard people QQ about losing equiped items while white, or if they are just bsing.

DBle Post b:shocked

Anyways....maybe they are confused with the difference...lol!! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    DBle Post b:shocked

Anyways....maybe they are confused with the difference...lol!! b:chuckle

maybe :P if it did happen to me.. i guess id just screenshot and submit a ticket, Id assume the item would get returned if the screenshot was clear.

Double posts are ftw
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I am 100% sure you can lose an equipped item if you go pink. I was in a PK session as a white name and attacked a cleric. When I died, I had dropped my equipped crit arrow.

Not that huge a loss, but still unexpected. I left after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was barely pink and dropped my TT70 chestplate.

So... yes. b:victory

edit Heh, I forgot, I dropped my black bikini bottom too once, when I was just.. violet from having attacked someone. Now I take angels so I don't lose my panties so much.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Tdrhi - Dreamweaver
    Tdrhi - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i understand white name is like havent killed any pplz. pink is very little and red is alot? i think thats it but can someone explain the full rundown of colors to me please.
  • Chisukie - Lost City
    Chisukie - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They are just lying, most likely they have unequitmed there item of mistake without notice it. Like said, if it was a bug that happend now and then, the forum would be full of QQ. And Im sure we would hear about it on the worldchat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wheyy
    wheyy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes u can drop while pink, a guy at west arch was building chi on a guard, and i killed him and got a groom suit he was wearing... =D
  • Fizzen - Harshlands
    Fizzen - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    so far the only time i have dropped anything is if i tried to fight back...and then it was just a cheap inv item...thats the thing i dont understand about pk

whats the point if you dont/cant get anything if the other player does not fight back?
  • XCLUSiiVEMEi - Sanctuary
    XCLUSiiVEMEi - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    some people have lost items even when they had guardian scrolls in their inventory which seems really weird..
  • Amnia - Lost City
    Amnia - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ummm. i dropped my equipped eagle wings once while i was white and was killed by mob. Luckily a RQ person saw it and nd came 2 me and tried 2 return it to me,b:victory but i was so scared dat i tried 2 run away from him b:chuckle Finally he gave me ma wings back... b:pleased
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wheyy wrote: »
    Yes u can drop while pink, a guy at west arch was building chi on a guard, and i killed him and got a groom suit he was wearing... =D

wooot used clothes? O.o
    DX

also yep there are friendly people who return stuff like wings and such. d(^.-d)
    my friend dropped stingy the manta ray when she was red from messing around pking with her friends. (>.<) Then next thing you know pow~ random arrow got her and stingy dropped along with some fresh water and fruit. DX luckily the guy was nice and returned all her stuff. ^.^'b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If the item you have equipped is shaded in red meaning you don't have the required stats for the item, you can lose it while pink name as if it was in your inv. For example, you need 51 str to equip your helm. You have a necklace that gives 4 str and you had 47 str. So you equip the neck and helm. Now remove the neck and you have a red shaded helm. Same applies to arrows.
  • Atheum - Harshlands
    Atheum - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Reading over this thread, the answer to the question still doesn't seem clear. The whole thing would be cleared up if the website stated correctly and not contradict itself about the issue.

Looking at the http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp you'll see what I'm talking about. It says under Pink Names "Player has definitely killed other players. In this mode you can lose items from your inventory and your equipment slots if you are killed while infamous, so be careful!"

Though, when you look at the chart below it, it states no such thing about you dropping an equipped item while you're name is pink.

What is clear is that you ALWAYS have a chance to drop an inventory item, be it from death by player or mob. The chances just get higher for inventory and more of it to drop the darker color your name becomes if killed by a player.

If we could get a game developer or GM to comment on the contradicting information on the website in which I have posted above, then all of our questions would be answered, correct? Then, have it fixed on the website to reflect what it should be.

If gear did then in fact drop, then it would either have to be a bug, they had that item in their bag, or like another stated, the gear is red due to insufficient requirements to wear the piece, and then would be considered un-equiped. Even though that red piece doesn't just go straight into your bag, which it should imo.
  • Atheum - Harshlands
    Atheum - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I left something out, Also it would be very nice to state in the line where it says, "Note: All items within your inventory may be dropped, with the exception of items that are bound." Put in there, including coins or not including coins, so us people who don't know, don't go and loose a bunch of coins.