Me = Epic fail

Flea_fighter - Heavens Tear
Flea_fighter - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
So basically, when I started this game I had totally no idea what I was doing, completely new to MMORPGs etc. So I had no idea about what builds were. Now I have discovered these forums and read loads about Veno builds and looking at my veno, the stats are completely screwed... I am going for an arcane build veno but because my stats are so messed up is there any point in continuing to allocate points for an arcane build?

I mean at first I levelled my stats equal but for the last 9 or 10 lvls I have been concentrating more on magic although I feel like there might be no point anymore... should I just start again??? (I really dont want to... lol) b:surrender
Post edited by Flea_fighter - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Venos are pretty forgiving when it comes to builds. I have 43 dex (from when I accidentally put them into dex instead of mag), and 57 str (don't ask). I'm too cheap (and poor) to buy reset notes so I'll be playing with a strange build for a while.

It'll suck for the next few levels but if you keep pumping mag until you have enough to equip a weapon for your level then you'll be fine.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So basically, when I started this game I had totally no idea what I was doing, completely new to MMORPGs etc. So I had no idea about what builds were. Now I have discovered these forums and read loads about Veno builds and looking at my veno, the stats are completely screwed... I am going for an arcane build veno but because my stats are so messed up is there any point in continuing to allocate points for an arcane build?

I mean at first I levelled my stats equal but for the last 9 or 10 lvls I have been concentrating more on magic although I feel like there might be no point anymore... should I just start again??? (I really dont want to... lol) b:surrender

Unless you are willing to pay real cash and buy Gold to get the Boutique reset stones, I would say re-roll. The reason I say real cash is because the coin required to get them would be tough for you to obtain at this level.

You will find 2nd time around is much easier especially if you put all your points in mag as an arcane build and use a Scorpion as a starter pet. You will kill so fast 30 levels will fly by.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So... Are you saying that your stats are all equal to each other? You might be able to even it out a little by going LA. That is the only thing I can think of to fix it. Other than that, save up money and buy a restat.
  • Flea_fighter - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    They WERE equal, but now my magic is a little more ahead.

I am a student and not too keen on spending actual money on this game, cause i'm poor or starting again cause that would be boring. b:victory

I think I can bear with sucky for a few more levels. Thanks for the advice guys ^^
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They WERE equal, but now my magic is a little more ahead.

I am a student and not too keen on spending actual money on this game, cause i'm poor or starting again cause that would be boring. b:victory

I think I can bear with sucky for a few more levels. Thanks for the advice guys ^^

What are your stats now? Try switching to light armor (like Sevas said) and go fox form on those mobs' asses. You're high enough level that you can get amplify damage and befuddling mist (if you have enough spirit and coins). Who knows, you might have fun.b:victory
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Flea_fighter - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I cant remember my stats off my head lol b:surrender

Ooooh LA = Light Armour lol I do know these but they sometimes go over my head haha.

Me likey the idea of fox form. I may give it a go ^^ ty
  • Keepersky - Sanctuary
    Keepersky - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A while back, I had to spend the boutique money. I never read much as I played the game, so I literally put stats into everything until around level 30... Because I wanted to wear ALL the armour. It was bad. I was inexplicably mixing HA, LA and Arcane, based on what I thought was the cutest for that level.
    And then some gave me a "What the fux are you doing?"
    :l
    But like the other users said, venos are pretty forgiving. I don't level based on a set build, I just put points in where I see fit. I put nothing in Dex, and I focus mainly on mag and vit, but I have above average strength, just because I'm super impulsive and always end up stealing aggro from my pet. Bring on the damage.
    So really, no matter what you've done now, by level 70-80, you can make it work, as long as you have a set plan for your stats in mind now.
  • Marshmallows - Dreamweaver
    Marshmallows - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If it were me, I'd restart. Use the veno you currently have to farm for hay (antelope pups) and DQ drops when you're bored, and make a whole new veno. Now that you've gotten used to the game and the quests, it should go pretty fast levelling ^_^; Get a beetle pet. I hear they are really good pets to have til you can get your magmite/sawfly etc. You could also borrow pets from your current veno. it only takes me about 2-3 days to get lvl 30 on a chracter though... so restarting might only sound more appealing to me.

whatever you choose to do, I hope it works out for you :D
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    u need str to equip weapon i dont think u have more then 56 which is needed for highest magic weapon in past

vit is not bad to get

20 dex will give u 1 % crit

magic max it the most u can it your damage output
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]