Tanned Skin issue

Lietae - Heavens Tear
Lietae - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
So I have a general question here. I don't think it has anything to do with new patches, as this has been happening for the past several months, almost since I started nearly a year ago, really.

Every now and then, when I see someone with tanned skin in the game, their face will be the proper color, but their body is bleach pasty white. Even if I stand directly next to them.

My distances are maxed, or at least 3/4, and I've tested with distance, it has no effect whatsoever on this problem. All the customizations are on, etc. The only thing that isn't maxed on my compy is the terrain features (which i tested, and also has no effect).

Has this happened to anyone else? My wife has the same issue on her desktop, and her laptop, so I was wondering if we weren't the only ones.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lietae - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Every now and then, when I see someone with tanned skin in the game, their face will be the proper color, but their body is bleach pasty white. Even if I stand directly next to them.

All venos do this at far range. It was made far worse by the "increased zoom" that was implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentDove - Heavens Tear
    SilentDove - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've seen the opposite effect and up close not zoomed out
    My chars body will look tanned but her face will be very light.
  • Zyikno - Harshlands
    Zyikno - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've seen the opposite effect and up close not zoomed out
    My chars body will look tanned but her face will be very light.

^^ same issue with my BM, not all the time though, just sometimes
  • Lietae - Heavens Tear
    Lietae - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue ^_^

Though, has anyone found some form of solution? I know given the large scope of problems out at the moment, that this is minor, but I was wondering if anyone else had figured anything out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue ^_^

Though, has anyone found some form of solution? I know given the large scope of problems out at the moment, that this is minor, but I was wondering if anyone else had figured anything out?

If you are seeing it just on venos... well that's been there since the Chinese version so apparently it's no-where near being even on the list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i have this same problem, with all female characters, regardless of class

i also have problems with various clothing, such as the seaspray slacks, where parts of the clothing item will not load/appear (the seaspray slacks have a flap on the back that will appear/disappear randomly)

i'm pretty sure it's server-side. i somehow doubt that it's a problem with our comps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think I've read somewhere months ago that said that this was some kind of glitch and that the GMs have been trying to look into it. Of course, this was a long time ago, so it may have been left out in the dust with all the other unsolved bugs out there.

That being said, that glitch is very VERY annoying, especially when it's 'night time' in the game. At that point, everything is shaded as it should be except my character's face. This applies to both my BM, my wiz and my veno. And my veno's not even tanned, so I don't think it's specifically just tanned skin that's causing the problem.
This discussion has been closed.