word of thanks & warning

Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Hey... I recently went to Malaysia and Singapore for work.

I had a few hours spare in Malaysia, so I thought "Hey I can jump onto PWI and grind & chat a while"...

BUT when I logged in... the game kicked me out.

when I got to Singapore, I tried to log in and it said my account was banned. the email I received said I had tried to log in from a banned country!!!

Obviously I was pretty upset, I hadn't even known that there were banned countries. Anyway... I sent a ticket and the good GMs gave me back my account with a warning.

So... Thanks GMs for understanding that my mistake was simply one of ignorance.
AND... a word of warning (if you didn't already know) if you ever go to Malaysia for work/holiday... DON'T TRY TO PLAY PWI!!!!!!!! :)
Post edited by Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dun log in from banned reginions =)
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yes, our GMs are kindhearted carebears b:cute

also:
    inb4lock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    also:
    inb4lock

Ditto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well that actually makes sense, since PW My-en probably has a capital on things there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What the heck? There are such things as banned countries? b:shocked
    now that doesn't sound so international. xD b:surrender
    Is there a list or something? o.O' and will we be notified if another country gets added? b:bye
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    International my foot.
    All games that originate in asia, then go to america are called international. America isnt the whole world, dammit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A friend of mine is living currently in mala (for studying). He wanted to try PWI out and got banned right away....b:angry
    thank you "international"? :P
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Shadow_Katee - Heavens Tear
    Shadow_Katee - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Many MMOs whitch have mirror versions in asia (or any other world region) tend to lock up access to keep own player base within game.
    In many times lock up (or IP block) is forced on publisher by game developer and sometimes IP lock up is enacting because of disagreement between game publishers. b:surrender
    I think PWi should have visible notice saying that any attempt to access in game from IP blocked area will effect whit account ban b:bye (i saw such message in one of the MMO i recently visited) in order to avoid such very unpleasant situations.
    I agree that IP block areas in general is rather controversial issue whitch limited "freedom of movement" within MMOs but on the other hand as European i do not see any sense to log in for example to Chinese version of PWi because i do not known a single Chinese word (nor i could read b:chuckle) so all i could do there would be plain grind.
    PWi is called International because allowed access for people from Europe,Canada, USA, S.America, Australia and maybe couple more countries but it will be good if someone could provide list of non accessable countries (even for clear information reasons).
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't see what the problem is. I know one person in game that's from Singapore and they play PWI just fine.
    >.<
  • Shadow_Katee - Heavens Tear
    Shadow_Katee - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A friend of mine is living currently in mala (for studying). He wanted to try PWI out and got banned right away....b:angry
    thank you "international"? :P
    I don't see what the problem is. I know one person in game that's from Singapore and they play PWI just fine.

Until Philiphines will not have own version of PW they will have open access to this version b:thanks
    But when one day they will have PW-PH = No more access to PWi b:bye
  • Tigerrawr - Harshlands
    Tigerrawr - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    International my foot.
    All games that originate in asia, then go to america are called international. America isnt the whole world, dammit.
    Wouldn't it be Perfect World America though? America is only 1 county out of over 100! I know another game from Korea and it isn't called international, it's called the same thing here as in Korea, they just say it in Korean.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    International isn't neccesarily all countries.

If it was for competing PW's I don't really see a need for banning accounts, as simply blocking access for the relevant IP pools would be sufficient.

So, I assume there are other reasons.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you had played on PW-MY (EN) you would be happy about the ban.
    Its nice to play on an "English speaking server" where people actually do speak english, and names are in English.
  • Vestrial - Sanctuary
    Vestrial - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wouldn't it be Perfect World America though? America is only 1 county out of over 100! I know another game from Korea and it isn't called international, it's called the same thing here as in Korea, they just say it in Korean.

Actually it is Perfect World North America:
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/whatis

I agree, that the word "international" is kind of misleading though, i'm always assuming international = global..
    Luckily European players are tolerated b:pleased
    A list of banned countries can be found here:
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well timed lol. I'm actually going to Malaysia on vacation in 2 days. Of course since I'm on vacation I wouldn't think of turning on a computer unless I can somehow order drinks online to be delivered to my beach chair.

Rule of thumb. When on vacation........stay on vacation.
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Since when has international ever meant worldwide? International is simply 2 or more countries, not necessarily all countries.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The reason why we are forced to ban regions is due to publishing agreements made by other companies. It is not something done by choice
This discussion has been closed.