250 packs or what?

White_Puma - Lost City
White_Puma - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, so I just got 250 gold, and I cant decide between getting all anniversary packs and opening, or sell and get something nice. I've opened about 250 already, and have gotten 2 tokens of best luck and a platinum hp charm. So, what should I do with these new 250?
Post edited by White_Puma - Lost City on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That's....a lot of money. o_o

Edit:
    save it? b:chuckle

Is this a hint that something new and nice is coming out in the Cash Shop? ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You are on the wrong server, or I would have ALOT of suggestions for the gold......
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i think you should try getting a life and having something better to spend $250 on.
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009

It's been a whole half a week since the last sale hasn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I would say that you should invest it. *Wipes monocle with handkerchief.*

I would advise you to diversify, but considering the trend in Gold Prices, keeping it in Gold form may just have the value double or triple in a months time (Again). In short, I agree with eatswithspoons, save it, we know which way Gold Prices are headed.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've opened about 250 already, and have gotten 2 tokens of best luck and a platinum hp charm. So, what should I do with these new 250?

That's all you've gotten? Wow.. that sucks.

I guess the rumors about staff nerfing the drop rates on the pack is true.

Save the tokens, after the event they'll be worth 40-55k ea.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I guess the rumors about staff nerfing the drop rates on the pack is true.

Not unless they implemented it after Saturday... 106 packs got me Heavenrage Boots, Fancy Feathers, Diamond of Tiger, couple best luck and a plat mp charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I got the Plat hp charm on last Thursday, I opened 3 packs and got it. Even if I dont get a good item, will I still make profit getting packs?
    edited September 2009
    Not unless they implemented it after Saturday... 106 packs got me Heavenrage Boots, Fancy Feathers, Diamond of Tiger, couple best luck and a plat mp charm.

Grats... that sounds better than average score.
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I guess Ill try opening a few packs, and if I get no luck, ill sell them. Thanks for the Imput everybodyb:laugh
  • Nike - Harshlands
    Nike - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wtf why this is even a question?

anniversary packs are the best deal, no doubt. everything else sucks (get it with gold/coin when the event is over)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sell the gold O_O

We're talking around 120 million in ingame coin here and you want to gamble with it? After already gambling with the same amount and getting roughly 60m worth in return? 120 million would literally buy your full endgame gear.

If it was me, I'd then spend the entire 120 million on flawless citrine shards. These are priced at around 180k, might vary by server, and are pretty much guaranteed to increase in value after the event. If they eventually return to their previous value of 800k you're talking over a quadruple increase in your coin. Yup, a bit of patience and a wait and your gold could become almost half a billion in coin.

But if you want to gamble it's your choice :p
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Grats... that sounds better than average score.

Yeah, that was my second best run. I've had some where all I got was a couple best tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sell them in the AH and use the coins to buy Tokens.

If you gamble, you might get lucky, but you'll most likely end up with 15 Tokens. If you don't gamble, you get ~400k, which can then buy you about 30 Tokens.

Those 30 Tokens can then be exchanged for items that will, once the event ends, generally cost 2 to 3 times as much. So, effectively, you end up with 800k in buying power per Gold you sell.

BTW, this is only possible because so many player are doing the exact opposite: they gamble, then liquidate the highly valuable Tokens cheaply in order to continue to gamble. This is the worst possible choice, but it seems to be very popular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If it was me, I'd then spend the entire 120 million on flawless citrine shards. These are priced at around 180k, might vary by server, and are pretty much guaranteed to increase in value after the event.
    Keep in mind the people who are selling the flawless citrines at those prices are marking them up. If you want to cut out the middle man and earn even more profit, do what they are doing: buy tokens from others and make the citrines yourself. You'll save an extra 15% or so, which is a bonus 20million in your pocket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok, so I just got 250 gold, and I cant decide between getting all anniversary packs and opening, or sell and get something nice. I've opened about 250 already, and have gotten 2 tokens of best luck and a platinum hp charm. So, what should I do with these new 250?

Buy me a herc. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • TcheQNorris - Harshlands
    TcheQNorris - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009

"For the first time ever, Warsoul Weapons are being made available in the boutique!"

b:cute
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Keep in mind the people who are selling the flawless citrines at those prices are marking them up. If you want to cut out the middle man and earn even more profit, do what they are doing: buy tokens from others and make the citrines yourself. You'll save an extra 15% or so, which is a bonus 20million in your pocket.

True, is what I meant. At sancs current market price of around 13k per token it works out at 182,000 apiece for flawless citrine. Of course the catshops sell from anywhere between 200-400k apiece.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I say try the real estate market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So $500 gold total?

Pay my student loan interest for the next year, that's a good cause.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How did you get 250 gold I could use that to get herc and nix as well as something nice for my cleric?I would save the rest.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Ok, 260 packs total, I sold 20 of them, with the silver cost, I had 239 left. With the first 250 packs I used over the last few weeks, I got 2 tokens of Best Luck and 1 Platinum Hp Charm. With the 239 Used today I got:

5 Perfect Tokens of Best Luck
    1 Grand Lobster
    3 Platinum Hp Charms
    Heavenrage Boots
    Frost Sign-Force
    Wing Trophy
    Lunar Glade Insignia-Weapon

Overall, sold for a little under the trade price(with 2k normal tokens and all 3 hp charms left) I made 200mil. It was double the price that I would have made to just sell all of it as gold. I don't know how my luck increased that much, from 10m the first 250, to 200m the second 250, but I'm not complaining. To the Person who said they thought the items from packs had been nerfed, I don't think so. b:victory
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Woah that's really some nice items u got there. ur luck is better than mine

Out of my 450packs+bonus (27packs) (in 1 week b:cry) I only got:

3 Token of best luck
    2 plat hp charm
    2 plat mp charm
    1 Holy helmet
    1 Scroll of tome

So kinda didn't make any coins off it b:angry cuz I kept the scroll of tome which I wanted in the first place.
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got the Plat hp charm on last Thursday, I opened 3 packs and got it. Even if I dont get a good item, will I still make profit getting packs?

dude....thats like asking will I make a profit if I play the lotto....the answer is yes of course if you get lucky and get alot of good stuff. the answer is no if your luck sucks **** and you get nothing...

So now the question is. Is it going to be worth more to you to 1. keep the gold and wait for prices to go up. 2. buy a boatload of more anniversary packs and use it yourself. 3. buy the anniversary packs and sell them as is for a set price. 4. Sell the gold in gold form at auction house.
    I assume you already got stuff like a fast air mount (you already got teh lobstar! Me want a lobstar! xD) & charms. ^.^'

seems like the gold in anniversary pack is working well for you. O.O'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PetroVeno - Sanctuary
    PetroVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Woah that's really some nice items u got there. ur luck is better than mine

Out of my 450packs+bonus (27packs) (in 1 week b:cry) I only got:

3 Token of best luck
    2 plat hp charm
    2 plat mp charm
    1 Holy helmet
    1 Scroll of tome

So kinda didn't make any coins off it b:angry cuz I kept the scroll of tome which I wanted in the first place.
    i say you are lucky .... scroll of tome will go to 200 mil easy ...
    edited September 2009
    To the Person who said they thought the items from packs had been nerfed, I don't think so. b:victory

One of my friends spent over 3K on the event. He said the maintenance update that stopped the duke spam is when the drop rates appear to have changed. He said he wasn't the only one who thought this, but from what has been posted so far, maybe he just had an unlucky run of a couple hundred packs... I have no clue. *shrug*
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    One of my friends spent over 3K on the event. He said the maintenance update that stopped the duke spam is when the drop rates appear to have changed. He said he wasn't the only one who thought this, but from what has been posted so far, maybe he just had an unlucky run of a couple hundred packs... I have no clue. *shrug*

They silenced the Duke so that way people would not notice that the "drop" rates were changed after the patch.

Nicely done PWE :)
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    honestly thank you for spending on the game. b:victory

You help keep it free for the rest of us.
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    iamcleric wrote: »
    They silenced the Duke so that way people would not notice that the "drop" rates were changed after the patch.

Nicely done PWE :)

nothing was changed, false accusations are not allowed, and this is a warning.