Guidance on the HA human venno magic skillz

Options
whatsanding
whatsanding Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
hey peoples i wuz wonderin what skillz are worth leveling for dmg, for a heavy armor human venomancer. im refering to the ranged skillz, so far im about around lvl 18 can n e body help a fello heavy veno out maan
Post edited by whatsanding on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand. You're going HA/MAG? As in, you'll be wearing HA but using a Magic weapon, not melee ones? (Yes, I do understand the necessity for a magic weapon to heal/tame/revive pet and stuff.) Um, I would suggest Venomous, simply because it's the spam skill. When you can get them, Blazing Scarab and Noxious Gas (opt) because they're both DoT skills. Noxious is an AoE, FYI. Um, if you plan on using melee weapons, I would suggest getting Ironwood and keeping it up with your level. 1. It hits really hard (the hardest of all the skills I have maxed at the moment). 2. It will debuff physical defense (if you are going to use melee weapons). Lucky Scarab is optional since it hits pretty hard and also stuns. Frost Scarab I don't use simply because it eats a spark, though, I imagine it might be a decent skill to use (if it didn't eat so much chi). Parasitic Nova is optional and at first I got it only for show, but it's a pretty nice skill.

Bramble Guard -> Bramble Hood: Bramble will reflect all damage you take by a certain % for 10 minutes. Hood will allow you a few seconds to escape if something goes awry (it's a L59 skill and Guard must be maxed before you can get it).

Metabolic Boost: Restore HP quickly (by %).

Nature's Grace: Restore MP quickly (by %).

Soul Transfusion: Switches HP/MP values, good if you're running out of mana and need a lot fast, or to save your skin when your MP value is higher than your HP value.

Lending Hand: People like it in Dungeons (and on bosses in general).

Summer Sprint: Makes you run faster and we all like to be faster in getting about.
  • whatsanding
    edited September 2009
    Options
    o wow this was exactly what i was looking for, sry for the confusion i only ment since a heavy veno uses both fox form and human form, and according to a few other threads its said that dmg is usually higher when ur in human form when building a heavy veno.

soo with iron wood being the hardest hitting skill and spamming that with venomous scarab, with noxious gas for aoe purposes, i should be set in the magic category? In the pvp/tw/pk aspects of the game these spells would make me set in killing those low magic defence classes( barb, BM)?

and one last question does soul degeneration make the class unable to heal themselves?

aaaand in fox form are you only restricted by the magic(ranged) skills and able to use everything else?

thanxs alot for your reply it helped me out alot
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Most people in HA have melee weapons they carry, like axes, and just DD with them and hotkey the weapon out for a magic one in order to heal their pet or pop a debuff or something.

For PvP/TW/PK, I recommend you get Lucky Scarab. It's your only stun skill (aside from Stunning Blow in FF, but you have preference to CF so no matter). It's not a great stun skill like you see with the BMs or the Archers, but it works long enough to disrupt channeling of a skill. It might be all that gives you the edge in the battle.

I think, Soul Degeneration only works after they have tried to heal themselves and prevents it from further working. I don't know. I'll test that out for you. =3 That's a good question. (*tracks down a barb friend for pay back*)

Fox Form skills are close range melee skills only, except with curses, which allow you to stand back a little bit. Something to keep in mind about curses: you cannot use more than one at any given time. For example, say you use Amplify Damge (a skill I recommend you get for dungeons) and then use Soul Degeneration right afterwards. Amplify Damage will disappear and be replaced with SD and SD will be the only working curse. Amp is preferrable over SD on bosses.
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
  • whatsanding
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ill be sure to get a pair of melee weapons see how that works out.

thanxs alot for your advice it was alot of help im sure ill have more questions to come thank you
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm a fox/magic user and I don't use melee weapons, well not seriously anyway lol. I sometimes equip hammers and run around in low level gear like a nub but that's just for fun ,__,

I switched to heavy from a previous light and arcane build, so I already had all the mage skills by then. I'd recommend getting them all by the end, frost scarab imo isn't really worth levelling. It uses one spark and by the time you get your 59 and even 89 spark/ skills it makes frost seemingly useless, it's debuff isn't really great and dosen't happen alot of the time.

As you level i'd highly recommend ironwood, burning, venomous and noxious. Noxious when maxed out has a good aoe range and awesome damage :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]