Make Elemental Shards More Useful?

Quilue - Sanctuary
Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
The only thing you use them for is like...cs...elemental shards from average to above is like ewww right now. i think it'd be interesting to add an extra component to their bonuses to make them more useful - at least in pve.

for example (just throwing numbers, attributes out there, could be changed, whatever):

fire: hp regen

water: mana regen

wood: life/mana leech (% of pattack is gained as hp)

metal: reflect magical attack

earth: reflect physical attack
Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
Qui: b:dirty
Post edited by Quilue - Sanctuary on

Comments

• zozo1
    zozo1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Add like a battle ground where people go and fight with others with no consequences and lv 1-30 in one arena and lv 30-50 in another arena and so fort. I would also like see more dungeons and more mini games and more stuff for low of and high lvs to do. And more quest for high lvs.
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    zozo12 wrote: »
    Add like a battle ground where people go and fight with others with no consequences and lv 1-30 in one arena and lv 30-50 in another arena and so fort. I would also like see more dungeons and more mini games and more stuff for low of and high lvs to do. And more quest for high lvs.

Nice hi-jack! b:victory

Those are all cool ideas for shard enhancements, but wouldn't that leave them unbalanced? Two of those suggestions would eliminate the need for sapphires and garnets. I can agree that some better enhancements would be nice considering the expense and crafting time involved when constructing shards. Why not consider all of them in that case?
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    maybe metal and earth would reflect a fixed amount as metal/earth damage, respectively. that'd make it more balanced. which do you think would make sapphire/garnets useless?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    At least 1 post that make sence, i total agreed... cauze making this gen cost the same as HP, Mg, and ,Dex, and only for melee dmg are useless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Finally be able to sell all the Immaculates I have from RB
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    maybe metal and earth would reflect a fixed amount as metal/earth damage, respectively. that'd make it more balanced. which do you think would make sapphire/garnets useless?

Having metal and earth reflect physical and magical damage would render garnet and sapphire useless imo. Unless it's a much smaller reflect than those offer in added defense. having them reflect their respective elements' damage does make sense though.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'd rather have some NPC to decompose them into CS shards. >.>
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'd rather have some NPC to decompose them into CS shards. >.>

I like this... why can't we break this beautiful gem into smaller crappy ones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like this... why can't we break this beautiful gem into smaller crappy ones?

Because then CS won't have coin drainage.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Because then CS won't have coin drainage.

Yeah... true. b:sad I guess that was hoping for too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]