Best places to lvl nix

High_Lord - Heavens Tear
High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
ok so im getting a nix soon and was just wondering where it is easiest to lvl it? Ty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Heatwave Leader~
Post edited by High_Lord - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Any mobs that you can kill in 1-2 hits (or basically anything you can kill before it hits you.) What lvl is your Veno?
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    my veno is lvl 60
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Mobs should also be at least the same level as your nix.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Then, you can either go to L10 or L20 mobs first and level it to whatever level those mobs are then move 10 levels up. Antelopes are particularly good L30 mobs (they will drop extra hay for you, really low rate given your level, but still useful.) At 40 you can head up to Angler's and kill the mag mobs on the ground or kill the green dragons (Lofty). From 40-50 I have always taken my pets to kill the midget things at King's Feast. But if you really want to get back to grinding, around L40 you nix should be strong enough to go to the L60 mobs that you have quests on around Tusk Town. It just might require a few extra heals.
  • Marshmallows - Dreamweaver
    Marshmallows - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    mobs don't need to be the same lvl as the nix unless you want the pet to kill it himself. If you kill higher level stuff and just let the nix stand by, it will level faster. just kill stuff that you can kill easily, and if the pet is too squishy for the higher lvl monster, make sure it stays back and doesn't get hit
    edited September 2009
    Ok well ill lvl it by killing antelope pups till it hits 30 tien ill im to vips lvl 40 then to the vips lvl 50 then lvl 60 foxwings is this good plan?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Honestly, it doesn't require that much thought. Kill whatever you can kill quickly, starting with oneshot mobs and then moving on from there.

The Foxwing Supremes by Eblade are good for 6x Nixes, however.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Sounds good. Kinda sad that you can't use air pets in cube.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    AoE one shot mobs. There are Scorps, Mantis, Spiders that bunch together and drop precious oil. Once your Nix is their level, should be ready for your level mobs. b:victory
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For the first 25-35 lvls I'd say just hold the nix at your side and do the hard work yourself. The things you can one or two shot are great and you don't need to manage your nix.

A few areas I will mention that I can recall off the top of my head are in the 20s at those spiders south of Silver Pool, before Arrowhead. There's some trees encircled where those things spawn at an insane rate. Plus, those pirate-related guys who spawn fast and within close proximity to one another. Maybe 5-7 of them, and it's literally next to one of the WQ stops ~ book 9-15 south of Cenminator and right by the coastline. Then dustwraiths, and nix should especially have fun with gang leaders.
    edited September 2009
    Sounds good. Kinda sad that you can't use air pets in cube.

Ye i know aye :( anyways i wish they would make it so your pets get xp when you finish quests to but ye atleast ill get some money this way killing things to lvl it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
    edited September 2009
    another thing would it be better to put a stop on lvling and concentrate on lvling the nix?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    You should be able to do both depending on the mobs you chose when your nix gets closer to your level. When mine was L68-70 I tried it on the L82 Bloodbirds and harvested Wild Ginseng. =3 I stayed there with my nix till it had caught up to me and we leveled up a few times on those birds.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The mobs don't need to be YOUR level, but they do need to be the level of the pet, or the pet won't get max XP. (And if sufficiently low, won't get any at all)

You didn't say how high the pet was, so from the start:

Re run the newbie areas. The first three levels come from your starter town and AOE one-shotting three monsters at once. Because it is FUNNY and gets you the levels in about a minute.

Then you should be able to one-shot stuff around ten or fifteen levels lower than you. Pick such an area (antelope pups if you can do it, for the hay) and splatter them. You don't even need your pet to attack.

Once the nix has a few levels (enough to move off of antelopes) it is *fearsome* and you can start killing two things at once, in the swiftwind area.
    Once it's hit 40 you can start killing vipions or foxwings which will take you all the way to 50-60.

But there's really no need. At 55 my nix is quite happily able to kill every outdoor mob that I can find, and most bosses out there too. (It can't do jewelscalen, quite. And krimison has a sepecial hate for pets, but that's about it.)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Go Kill world bosses as I have seen Nixs are good for this.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I killed foligan spirits when my nix was late 40ish, early 50ish. They drop lots of DQ..
    *Semi retired*
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009

They're only good for it if they're of substantial level. A L1 Nix will hardly scratch a WB.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Waste the time for one kill when they could get many? -no
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A few areas I will mention that I can recall off the top of my head are in the 20s at those spiders south of Silver Pool, before Arrowhead. There's some trees encircled where those things spawn at an insane rate.
    In my late 60s when I got my phoenix, those spiders were mostly a one-cast kill with Noxious Gas. So I took my level 1 phoenix there, parked it in a safe spot nearby (make sure it's not on auto or defend), then ran around aggroing a bunch of those spiders making them bunch up together. I then cast Noxious Gas. Boom, 10+ dead and several levels (150+ exp) for my pet. Even at levels 25-30, this was getting my phoenix about 20% of a level per single cast of Noxious Gas.

It's a really nice spot for those early levels because the spiders all aggro, don't do much damage, and respawn quickly. Make sure you bring hp pots as being poisoned dozens of times does take its toll.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Waste the time for one kill when they could get many? -no

I am not saying just go out and kill world bosses.I mean go out and kill other things as well land or air.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited September 2009
    Do any of you remember where the lowest lvl of aggro mobs are?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In the starting cities, I remember the level 7 snakes and 5 (?) grimalkings in lost city were the first aggro mobs I came across.

What's that got to do with levelling a nix though? o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    coz then u can just get them into bunches so its easier to aoe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~