Budget Equipment for 70+

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Archer
-- Budget Buys --

This is a list of budget light armor and ornament equipment you can acquire for your archer at level 70 or higher. It is *not* the best equipment; instead, it is simply a list of affordable items that is serviceable for most PvE archers. If you wish to obtain better equipment, by all means do more research beyond this thread.

Items marked "Any" means you can find anything decent to put into there. You can get a normal item with good bonuses, or use TT gear for that level. Personally, I do not find it worthwhile to acquire TT armor gear for 70s and 80s (aside from the ☆Hat of the Drum Master, which is a personal choice).

Capes are not discussed because there are no stock budget capes.

For a list of weapons, see Annor's Weapon Progression Guide.

Comments and Feedback are welcome.

-- Level 70s --

- Chest Piece: ☆☆☆Armor of Demon General - Level 70 Quest reward.
- Leggings: ☆Dark Shinguard of Hedes - Level 69 Mold. Can be worn through the 80s.
- Wrist Bracers: Any. Preferably one with -Interval.
- Boots: Any.
- Helm: Choice:
____- ☆☆Heavy Helm of Sinisterness - Level 40-50 Quest reward. Can be bought off of other players.
____- ☆☆☆Helm of Bael - Level 41 ☆☆☆ helmet.
- Ring 1: ☆☆☆Silver Cresent - Level 59 Quest Reward.
- Ring 2: Any.
- Necklace: Any.
- Belt: Any.

Build: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1ecd12ad96b6dac9

Upgrade: Use Average Citrine Shards on available sockets. Add +1 or +2 Refinement on Armor equipments. I suggest doing this without Dragon Orbs.

Note: Do not confuse the ☆Dark Shinguard of Hedes with the ☆Dark Pants of Hedes or the ☆☆Shinguards of Underworld.

-- Level 80s --

- Chest Piece: ☆Armor of Grieving Sorrow: Level 78 Mold.
- Leggings: ☆Dark Shinguard of Hedes Level 69 Mold. You can keep wearing this from your 70s.
- Wrist Bracers: Choice:
____- ☆Blood Bracers of Fang - Level 78 Mold.
____- ☆Bracer's of Blood Moon - Level 60 Mold. More expensive; see section below.
____- A bracer with -Interval.
- Boots: Any.
____- ☆☆Heavy Helm of Xanadu - Level 51 Quest reward. Can be bought off of other players.
____- ☆☆☆Rejuvenation Helm - Level 51 ☆☆☆ helmet.
____- ☆Helmet of Lion Spirit - Level 51 Mold. More expensive; see section below.
- Ring 1: ☆☆☆Silver Cresent - Level 59 Quest Reward.
- Ring 2: Any.
- Necklace: ☆☆Ancient Capital Pendant Level 77 Quest reward. Can be bought off of other players.
- Belt: Choice:
____- ☆☆☆Sundown Pendant - Level 80 Quest reward.
____- ☆☆☆Nightfall Pendant - Level 80 Quest reward.

Build: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2bde054ca4694d4e

Upgrade: Use Average Citrine Shards on available sockets. Add +2 or +3 Refinement on Armor equipments. I suggest doing this without Dragon Orbs.

-- Early Level 90s --

- Chest Piece: ☆Armor of Millenary Bless - Level 87 Mold.
- Leggings: ☆Skywalker Shins: TT90 Leggings.
- Wrist Bracers: Choice:
____- ☆Skywalker Wrists - TT90 Wrist Bracers.
____- ☆Bracer's of Blood Moon - Level 60 Mold. More expensive; see section below.
- Boots: ☆Skywalker Shoes - TT90 Boots.
____- ☆☆Heavy Helm of Xanadu - Level 51 Quest reward. Can be bought off of other players.
____- ☆☆☆Helmet of the Righteous - Level 61 ☆☆☆ helmet. Needs 95 Strength.
____- ☆Helmet of Lion Spirit - Level 51 Mold. More expensive; see section below.
- Ring 1: ☆Ring of the Heavenly Lord - Level 88 Mold.
- Ring 2: ☆Ring of the Heavenly Lord - Level 88 Mold.
- Necklace: Choice:
____- ☆☆Ancient Capital Pendant Level 77 Quest reward. Can be bought off of other players.
____- Any.
____- ☆Sky Demon's Pearl - Level 87 Mold. More expensive; see section below.
- Belt: Choice:
____- ☆☆☆Mogwai Belt - Level 87 Quest reward. Restat Strength into Dexterity.
____- ☆☆☆Frostcore Pendant - Level 80 Quest reward.
____- ☆☆☆Vibrating Starlight - Level 90 Quest reward.
____- ☆Demon Slaughter Belt - Level 86 Mold. More expensive; see section below.

Basic Build: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1235492ac22597b2
Better Build: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cd7a69a09ad37317

Upgrade: Whatever you want.

-- Late Level 90s --

At this point, what you can acquire is highly dependent on play-style, money-making skills, resources, and various other factors. And, frankly, you should know what you are doing at this point.

-- More Expensive But Still Affordable Gear --

This is a list of gear that is too expensive to be called "budget", but nonetheless should be affordable by the time your archer reaches the appropriate level.

- Helm: ☆Helmet of Lion Spirit - Level 51 Mold. Can be worn in the 80s and 90s. Restat the Strength into Dexterity. Considered very good for 90s by many archers. Highly recommended.

- Necklace: ☆Sky Demon's Pearl - Level 87 Mold. Can be worn for the 90s. Restat Strength into Dexterity. Became considerably cheaper after Mysterious Chip adjustment. Considered very good for 90s by many archers. Highly recommended.

- Belt: ☆Demon Slaughter Belt - Level 86 Mold. Can be worn for the 90s. This belt provides a good HP boost, but there are serviceable substitutes that can be acquired through quests.

- Bracers: ☆Bracer's of Blood Moon - Level 60 Mold. Can be worn for the 90s. This bracer is fairly expensive in the 60s and 70s, but should be affordable when you reach the 80s and 90s. Highly recommended for the coveted -Interval.
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _Seadrop - Heavens Tear
    _Seadrop - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nice job Lady Elena.
    I wanna know what do u think about using pirate king seal or myst. realm belt in 80s, because of ive seen many archers wearing it.
    Thx :)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    A few corrections.

When I was in the 80s the quest for the ☆☆Lava Boots was bugged. While it appears in the find quest list the NPC would not give out the quest. Perhaps this has been fixed since then?

Bracers of Blood Fang -> Blood Bracers of Fang

Also you have Sundown Pendant in both 80s and 90s while the second one should be Frostcore Pendant. Really though if you have this pendant you are running Rebirth Delta and between gems / pages / chest of coins you should have plenty of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Nice job Lady Elena.
    I wanna know what do u think about using pirate king seal or myst. realm belt in 80s, because of ive seen many archers wearing it.
    Thx :)

Well, since there is a serviceable belt in the 80s, obtaining either of those molds would just be extra. If you have the money and you want them, then get them. If you want to save money, just use the Sundown Pendant belt.

A few corrections.

When I was in the 80s the quest for the ☆☆Lava Boots was bugged. While it appears in the find quest list the NPC would not give out the quest. Perhaps this has been fixed since then?

Bracers of Blood Fang -> Blood Bracers of Fang

Also you have Sundown Pendant in both 80s and 90s while the second one should be Frostcore Pendant. Really though if you have this pendant you are running Rebirth Delta and between gems / pages / chest of coins you should have plenty of money.

- Removed Lava Boots, unless someone can confirm it works. I'm using a different set of boots, so I forgot if I ever got this quest / sold it.
    - Blood Bracers of Fang - Fixed.
    - Frostcore Pendant - Removed. If Rebirth Delta is easy for the average Archer, then I guess I could put it back in.

My thanx for the corrections.
  • Mythril - Dreamweaver
    Mythril - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nice guide, thankyou. [bookmarked]
  • Linxxi - Lost City
    Linxxi - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Great job elena =]

Kinda late for me now =P
    But I would recomend at least gettin HH bracers or boots @ 70 for 80 since both of them are nice n those mats not so expensive... or hard to farm

I would put on the expensive items.. Cape of tauran =] or Cape of elite~

THIS NEEDS TO BE STICKY =P b:victory
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Something to think about before you run out and get your TT90 bracers

LVL78 Blood Bracers of Fang
    PDef 251
    Mdef 390

adds
    Pdef +94 = total PDef 345
    HP +90
    HP regen +7

TT90
    PDef 282
    MDef 440

adds
    Dex 6-7
    Vit 7-8 = 91-104 HP
    Reduce Phys Damage +2% = 20 hp at 1000 damage

IMO
    BBoF> TT90
    more PDef
    approx same +hp
    +7 HP recovery
    Less cost to get to 4 sockets

Trade Off
    6-7 Dex.. Archer Dex through the roof anyway maybe with add you tick 1% crit... is it worth the xtra expense of TT90??
    -50 MDef
    edited September 2009
    Hmm... that's a good point.

6 Dex with a clean Dragonbow means an extra 44.46-82.5 damage per hit. More with Refines & Shards. I guess it would up to the individual archer. The TT90 wrists do not strike me as something difficult to obtain.

What does everyone else think?
  • SpankShot - Sanctuary
    SpankShot - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ive looked through all this.
    but what if you got quite a bit of money to spend on stuff?
    could you do a guide for that. or would that just be full TT stuff >.<
    I Never Mean to Steal Aggro,
    Im an archer... its in my DNA. its just... what i do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    - Bracers of Blood Moon
    - TT80 Gold Armor
    - Dragon Orbs
    - Socket Stones
  • odinthebeast
    odinthebeast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dark Shinguard of Hedes don't have -interval :S
    Did they patch it? b:cry
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dark Shinguards of Hedes never have had interval. Not sure where you're getting that from.
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I know this thread got necro'd but it has some very good information. One thing I noticed that probably should be clarified.
    ☆Bracer's of Blood Moon - Level 60 Mold. More expensive

These bracers aren't just 'more expensive' they are seriously expensive. Either in the cost to get the mold with dragon orders or to buy on the open market. I have seen good ones going for $15mil and that's if you can find them at all. For mine I had to procure most of the dragon orders (mostly because I hate DQ quests) from other players because I couldn't find one for sale after a couple weeks of trying. Luckily for me I made it with 4 sockets and +4 Dex. Regardless this isn't an item you can get without a lot of coin or spend a very long time working dragon quests.

Also, another option for interval gear would be the Armor of the Assassin chest armor if you have Lt. rank or higher. Right now you can find wraith officer badges fairly cheap because they can made using tokens. I believe you need 5000 rep to attain this rank.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
    edited March 2010
    Regardless this isn't an item you can get without a lot of coin or spend a very long time working dragon quests.

This is why I put it at level 80 instead of level 70.

The Bracers of Blood Moon is an item that you can acquire all on your own, without spending much coins. Just do 40+ Dragon Quests starting at level 61, and by level 81, you should have the necessary 25 Silver Dragon Orders. That's 40 Dragon Quests in 20 levels, so two quests per level. The Copper Dragon Orders are negligible in price.

It is certainly not budget, but I feel it is reasonable.

EDIT: Guides like this one are considered fair game for "necro", so long as they are on topic.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    These bracers aren't just 'more expensive' they are seriously expensive. Either in the cost to get the mold with dragon orders or to buy on the open market. I have seen good ones going for $15mil and that's if you can find them at all. For mine I had to procure most of the dragon orders (mostly because I hate DQ quests) from other players because I couldn't find one for sale after a couple weeks of trying. Luckily for me I made it with 4 sockets and +4 Dex. Regardless this isn't an item you can get without a lot of coin or spend a very long time working dragon quests.

I just got mine the other day, as I decided to go for Bracers of Blood Moon instead of General's Bracers for more life. Luckily, they turned out 4 dex and 4 sockets.

And well, yes, it isn't exactly something you should be looking at 60.
    Also, another option for interval gear would be the Armor of the Assassin chest armor if you have Lt. rank or higher. Right now you can find wraith officer badges fairly cheap because they can made using tokens. I believe you need 5000 rep to attain this rank.

Indeed. I'm 89 and I still don't have even 4,000 Reputation. So, I would need about 40 badges, which at 8 tokens each and 12.5k per token comes to about 4+ million coins.

I find it kinda ironic that you're recommending the Armor of Assassin and devouching the Bracers of Blood Moon, as buying your way to Armor of the Assassin is about the same price.
    The Bracers of Blood Moon is an item that you can acquire all on your own, without spending much coins. Just do 40+ Dragon Quests starting at level 61, and by level 81, you should have the necessary 25 Silver Dragon Orders. That's 40 Dragon Quests in 20 levels, so two quests per level. The Copper Dragon Orders are negligible in price.

Personally, I picked the Bracers of Blood Moon over the General's Bracers because it's cheaper to get the Bracers of Blood Moon to 4 sockets and the chance of making your General's 4 sockets isn't exactly high. And adding 1-2 sockets to G11 gear costs quite a lot.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This is why I put it at level 80 instead of level 70.

EDIT: Guides like this one are considered fair game for "necro", so long as they are on topic.

Point well taken. I was just concerned about the it being considered "budget" equipment but I do see that compared to some lvl 80 gear it wouldn't be that bad especially if you were able to collect most or all of the DQ orders by then.

I find it kinda ironic that you're recommending the Armor of Assassin and devouching the Bracers of Blood Moon, as buying your way to Armor of the Assassin is about the same price.

I wasn't really recommending it but just wanted it added as an option for interval gear if folks were looking to go that route. I realize, as with the DQ orders needed to get Blood Moon, that the amount of rep needed to get rank 4 you will either need to spend a lot of time collecting what is needed (rep in this case) by various methods or by buying rank badges via tokens. It's just that with the surplus of tokens those badges cost a lot less than they used to. Both are superior items but in either case you will be spending a lot of time, coin or both to get either item and I would only classify them as "budget" if you are talking about getting them at later levels than their min requirement when you have spent the time to gather up what is needed to get them without coin.

Personally I think the bracers are a better focus since they provide the .1 interval boost and seem to have a longer useful life. Plus the fact that when they are no longer useful you can sell them.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
    edited March 2010
    Point well taken. I was just concerned about the it being considered "budget" equipment but I do see that compared to some lvl 80 gear it wouldn't be that bad especially if you were able to collect most or all of the DQ orders by then.

You are correct, which is why it's not in the "budget" section. It's in the "More Expensive But Still Affordable" section.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    Tainaker - Harshlands Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    mmm why not the 90 gold wrist those r around 4mils these days (2mils ea mat) and gives u - int. there isnt a better necklase 90 (affordable) better than that one i agree with the belt im going to get it >_<
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well 4m is not exactly budget. Also, it is bound, iirc this guide doesn't include bound items.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    Tainaker - Harshlands Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well 4m is not exactly budget. Also, it is bound, iirc this guide doesn't include bound items.

well 4 mils for something that u may use for a few months till ur farm ur gear etc idk i think is worth it (yes i lvl :3)
  • DrowElfLord - Dreamweaver
    DrowElfLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This thread is nice. Pretty much of the gear mentioned i have used and is currently using.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The fact that Bracers of Blood Moon alone are listed makes this dated. And Helmet of Lion Spirit isn't cheap anymore.

Not mentioning the attendance rings is another issue showing this thread is outdated and needing revision.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, I'm too lazy.

This was written before hypers / BHs. Leveling as a lot slower back then.
  • Khiren - Lost City
    Khiren - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    laloner wrote: »
    The fact that Bracers of Blood Moon alone are listed makes this dated. And Helmet of Lion Spirit isn't cheap anymore.

Not mentioning the attendance rings is another issue showing this thread is outdated and needing revision.

How are BoBM dated? o-o;;
    My sin is using hers till 99 because they have more pdef than 90 gold bracers. b:surrender Plus they can be resold, socketed cheaply, and if you sell them decently they'll easily pay for 99 gold bracers. They're definitely one of the best options if you can afford them or take time to farm them.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My sin is using hers till 99 because they have more pdef than 90 gold bracers. b:surrender Plus they can be resold, socketed cheaply, and if you sell them decently they'll easily pay for 99 gold bracers. They're definitely one of the best options if you can afford them or take time to farm them.

Because the time you'd spend looking for someone selling Bracers of Blood Moon at a reasonable price could be more effectively spent on, say, buying heads and getting yourself to 100.

Even if you can sell Bracers of Blood Moon once you're done with them, a lot of people will still have to consider the initial cost as a massive negative, because they just don't have the kind of money to buy a luxury item like that and keep doing what they're normally doing.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • laloner
    edited November 2011

My honest opinion is that bobm don't belong on a list of "Budget Equipment for 70+".
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    laloner wrote: »
    My honest opinion is that bobm don't belong on a list of "Budget Equipment for 70+".

It's in the "expensive alternate options" list for a reason, you know. b:chuckle
  • Khiren - Lost City
    Khiren - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Because the time you'd spend looking for someone selling Bracers of Blood Moon at a reasonable price could be more effectively spent on, say, buying heads and getting yourself to 100.

Even if you can sell Bracers of Blood Moon once you're done with them, a lot of people will still have to consider the initial cost as a massive negative, because they just don't have the kind of money to buy a luxury item like that and keep doing what they're normally doing.

b:cute

As someone who only occasionally buys heads and then grinds out the coin spent on them after, they're pretty darn useful. b:surrender I realize that going straight to 100 is the most common route now, and I'm working on getting there, but I'd at least like to enjoy the game some, and I can't live in frost.

I see your point, but I see WCs looking to buy BoBM at least once every two days, so at least some people still want them.
  • laloner
    edited December 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    It's in the "expensive alternate options" list for a reason, you know. b:chuckle

Its in the "More Expensive But Still Affordable Gear" section.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can you also add the guardian of the realm bow as part of the budget equipment since now with the divine emissaries around that give ya a small certain amount of weapons. the guardian of the realm is one of those bows that can be acquired rather easily. (takes only 5 divine emissary of the shadow tokens that are easy to get when doing divine contracts from bhs) this is for those that do this sort of thing by doing bh runs, getting blue/purple contracts as quests. just adding onto the list here.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
    edited June 2012
    Can you also add the guardian of the realm bow as part of the budget equipment since now with the divine emissaries around that give ya a small certain amount of weapons. the guardian of the realm is one of those bows that can be acquired rather easily. (takes only 5 divine emissary of the shadow tokens that are easy to get when doing divine contracts from bhs) this is for those that do this sort of thing by doing bh runs, getting blue/purple contracts as quests. just adding onto the list here.

I've quit the game, but you are welcome to make an updated one to have linked from the Archer Useful Links.