Genie exp.

Paterack - Sanctuary
Paterack - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
The recent update advised that genies would receive 10% of all exp to player up to the point the genie is the same level as the player. Since the update I have done the math on it and found that my genie is only getting 2.8% exp. My character is level 66 and my genie is level 18. So what happened to the 10%?
Post edited by Paterack - Sanctuary on

Comments

• camrin
    camrin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Your genie gets 10% experience, modified by your level difference. With your level, the formula is:

EXP gained * .1 * (18/66)

So, if you get 1000 EXP, your genie will get 27.

1000 * .1 * .273

The modifier is the same as if you were to inject EXP into your genie directly (which should be 27.3% or so).
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The recent update advised that genies would receive 10% of all exp to player up to the point the genie is the same level as the player. Since the update I have done the math on it and found that my genie is only getting 2.8% exp. My character is level 66 and my genie is level 18. So what happened to the 10%?

There's an experience penalty depending on the level difference.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Paterack - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    New Genie System

EXP Gaining with Genie has been changed so that Genies can now gain EXP while you kill monsters or hand in quests. Each Genie, while equipped, will gain 10% of the total XP gained. This is in addition to the EXP your character gains (Your character will not gain 10% less EXP). When your Genie reaches the same level as your character, and the Genie reaches 99% of its current level, the 10% EXP gain will be disabled. The old method of infusing EXP or Spirit, or the EXP cubes still remain.

There is no mention of modifiers
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    New Genie System

EXP Gaining with Genie has been changed so that Genies can now gain EXP while you kill monsters or hand in quests. Each Genie, while equipped, will gain 10% of the total XP gained. This is in addition to the EXP your character gains (Your character will not gain 10% less EXP). When your Genie reaches the same level as your character, and the Genie reaches 99% of its current level, the 10% EXP gain will be disabled. The old method of infusing EXP or Spirit, or the EXP cubes still remain.

Well, the thing is, the penalty is the same as infusing your own exp. After all, otherwise it wouldn't make sense, one of them would turn out useless. Now they are just equal and infusing spirit or exp is just a way of getting the same results faster.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

GMs always fail to include the "fine print"... at level 67, you should know this by now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Paterack - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I still don't get it. If an anouncement is made on the website that a certain thing WILL HAPPEN I think it should. I would appreciate a GM to comment about this.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I still don't get it. If an anouncement is made on the website that a certain thing WILL HAPPEN I think it should. I would appreciate a GM to comment about this.

try using this --> LINK

GMs already posted up in one of the numerous other threads about this same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It IS HAPPENING, exactly as described. A 10% bonus of whatever EXP you are getting is being given to your Genie. The fact that your Genie can only convert that EXP at about 1:4 is the same rule that it has always been.

If they had changed/removed this rule, then, yes, they should have said something. But the rule wasn't changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com