no pet!

Options
iamthezohan
iamthezohan Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
im a level 51 veno, and i need to kill some water mobs. anyone know where i can get a good level 51 or 52 water pet? thank youuu :)
oh yea, and i tried the endless sea, but they were all lvl 54 mobs, cant be tamed :(
Post edited by iamthezohan on

Comments

• Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Tortoise Everlasting is level 51 tameable loc Endless Sea^581 964
  • iamthezohan
    iamthezohan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thank you Kristiona :D
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you are a Mage Veno I think Mermaid Rustlers will be available shortly and they are pretty potent. Also, Death Dancers near Isle of Misfortune can be captured.

If you are a Fox Veno (like me) then just go kill stuff and forget the pet. You do not need a water pet THAAAT bad and can easily tank a few measly water monsters.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Turtles will be replaceable with Celestial Plumpfish. You shouldn't need to level your turtle. Mermaids (Death Dancer) are fast and good for using Howl with if you like variety for pets underwater.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im a level 51 veno, and i need to kill some water mobs. anyone know where i can get a good level 51 or 52 water pet? thank youuu :)
    oh yea, and i tried the endless sea, but they were all lvl 54 mobs, cant be tamed :(

Hi there,
    What server are you on? If your on Harshlands pm me in-game and I can set you up with a water pet, I have a lvl 51 turtle, or a death dancer, or a mermaid rustler :)
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've got an undine wench around lv 48, and its just fine. My death dancer hasn't impressed me much as yet, but the skill set is nice.
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • tweakz
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've got an undine wench around lv 48, and its just fine. My death dancer hasn't impressed me much as yet, but the skill set is nice.

The undine is more well rounded, and not a bad choice. Most venos appear to go with a plumpfish at 80. A Death Dancer is a complimentary pet to that, but one you could do without. At lvl 84, there are a lot of water quests. One where I had to lure a lot of mobs repeatedly. The plumpfish sucked for it because it was slow. For fishing, it offers another style of play. It certainly rescues me faster than a plumpfish, can interrupt channeling to save others, and I put howl on it to help kill faster. Faster pets benefit more from howl in grinding.

The Death Dancer can be a chore to level. I did it long after level 80. You probably don't need to level it or feed it to use it for that one luring quest (unless you get a squad and aoe them). There are also very few uses for a water pet after lv. 84. The Rising Tide expansion may present more uses for water pets.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if your really not lazy, u could catch the lvl 5 turtles. when trained to appropriate lvl, they'll be stronger than anything u catch at that lvl.
  • tweakz
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if your really not lazy, u could catch the lvl 5 turtles. when trained to appropriate lvl, they'll be stronger than anything u catch at that lvl.

That would be stupid. They'll be slower, bulkier, and not any better at tanking than a plumpfish. You'd lose any chance of getting good rep per xp and it's use would be way too limited to make it worth it. Unless you prefer fighting underwater AND you love turtles, I wouldn't.