Random buffs

Options
DRI - Dreamweaver
DRI - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
All right, thought a bit if i should ever post this but today grind made my mind.

Today i got 6 of total random buffs from flying passerbys for a bit more than 1 hour, resulted in 12 pills go to waste.You see pills that are made from apothecary and give regen values have same icons as cleric buffs that regenerate hp/mp with the deference being 50/100 a second..for both stats.
If you find a single person killing something out there its very possible he/she have regens on...

Here a short review of how classes grind/ quest(kill xxNo of mobs)
-wiz- thou they have quite good heal they are mana torches- look for blue torso icon,
-bm- depend on both,usually both present, don't ever bother em on solo aoe grind...,
-barb- depend on both or just mana regen at higher lvls, also barbs have the neat magic shield so don't try healing althou u see em at half hp - its intentional,skill shields 2k magic at 1/2hp and this half is ,well, something you're to never have,
-veno- never seen one bother of any...
-archer- nothing never reaches them for long but still dependant on mana,
-cleric- well u should now best..

As you see all classes need their pills.
I know i spend quite a time getting mine(1 or 1n1/2 hour for 5h grind,more on high hours) and i hate them waste to a combo/macro buff.
As much as i love you(err just fem ones), you must value my ingame time as i value yours.
Suggestion is to put in macro gust mag/phys def n magic damage since it can't waste nothing present,please do so or even skip ppl grinding...

[Note to mods:i know topic is brought up before, just let it stay on first page for a half a day or two;don't link/lock me].
Post edited by DRI - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If the Cleric pays attention they will notice that you have a pot or few on. They should take the time to notice and buff accordingly. As for the Veno potting, sometimes I use the regen (something like MP) over about 10 seconds or pop something like Concentrate Orb (100mp/sec).
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Whenever I give out random buffs, I always check what they have first. Never do I override a buff, even in lower lvl areas. Just seems like common sense to me. But then again, I suppose common sense isn't all that common anymore, is it? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If solo, clerics shouldnt random pass-by buff on pple plain and simple. Make sure you tell your faction clerics too and spread the word.

If squad, its both your responsibility and clerics. You to tell them (because they dont have ESP and guessing is dangerous), and them to watch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I find it easier to have two macros for the buffs.

The first macros has all the buffs. It's used primarily to buff myself and people that don't have any cleric buffs OR apoth pots active. If they are already buffed, I don't buff them at all.

The second macro has all the buffs EXCEPT for the hp/mp recovery buff. This gets used on all players that have the icon for hp/mp recovery buff up already, regardless of whether one of the two buffs are missing or not.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • Parvati - Dreamweaver
    Parvati - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yea, I don't have the regen buffs, but I always check whether the person have buffs or not first, if so I leave it be. Also, I don't buff people in PK mode, as they might not want to be buffed. I dunno.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Everyone wants Bramble! b:dirty Especially if it's Demon Bramble. For the most part though, if a person in PK has been fighting, you can't buff or heal them until the swords go away. :(
  • Parvati - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Everyone wants Bramble! b:dirty Especially if it's Demon Bramble. For the most part though, if a person in PK has been fighting, you can't buff or heal them until the swords go away. :(

I never knew that, I've avoided clicking PK people in case they'd kill me...
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They can't attack you unless you are also in PK.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I let them pm me for buffs instead.They can't kill you if your protections are on might want to check.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PK protections don't stop others from killing you. They're there so you don't heal/buff people while you're fighting them.

The only "PK protection" that keeps them from killing you is having a blue name or being in a safe zone. Instant you step outside safe zone and your name isn't blue, you're fair game for any and everyone in the area.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yay, another random buff topic ._.
    b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    PK protections don't stop others from killing you. They're there so you don't heal/buff people while you're fighting them.

The only "PK protection" that keeps them from killing you is having a blue name or being in a safe zone. Instant you step outside safe zone and your name isn't blue, you're fair game for any and everyone in the area.

Yes but that answers the question.

^Don't look at me.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All right, thought a bit if i should ever post this but today grind made my mind.

Today i got 6 of total random buffs from flying passerbys for a bit more than 1 hour, resulted in 12 pills go to waste.You see pills that are made from apothecary and give regen values have same icons as cleric buffs that regenerate hp/mp with the deference being 50/100 a second..for both stats.
    If you find a single person killing something out there its very possible he/she have regens on...

Here a short review of how classes grind/ quest(kill xxNo of mobs)
    -wiz- thou they have quite good heal they are mana torches- look for blue torso icon,
    -bm- depend on both,usually both present, don't ever bother em on solo aoe grind...,
    -barb- depend on both or just mana regen at higher lvls, also barbs have the neat magic shield so don't try healing althou u see em at half hp - its intentional,skill shields 2k magic at 1/2hp and this half is ,well, something you're to never have,
    -veno- never seen one bother of any...
    -archer- nothing never reaches them for long but still dependant on mana,
    -cleric- well u should now best..

As you see all classes need their pills.
    I know i spend quite a time getting mine(1 or 1n1/2 hour for 5h grind,more on high hours) and i hate them waste to a combo/macro buff.
    As much as i love you(err just fem ones), you must value my ingame time as i value yours.
    Suggestion is to put in macro gust mag/phys def n magic damage since it can't waste nothing present,please do so or even skip ppl grinding...

[Note to mods:i know topic is brought up before, just let it stay on first page for a half a day or two;don't link/lock me].

Your clerics are lucky. I would slay anybody who complains about free buffs.

I'll grant you, I don't override anyone with previous hp/mp buffs in the first place, but I'd still slay you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If the Cleric pays attention they will notice that you have a pot or few on. They should take the time to notice and buff accordingly. As for the Veno potting, sometimes I use the regen (something like MP) over about 10 seconds or pop something like Concentrate Orb (100mp/sec).

I only use the HP/MP buff on Sevas to make her mad b:chuckle

Love ya!! b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:infuriated Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! D::( Picking on me. So mean!
  • Koltrast - Sanctuary
    Koltrast - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Everyone wants Bramble! b:dirty Especially if it's Demon Bramble.

Everybody does not want bramble.

It builds aggro, and if I'm grinding or in a dungeon with my husband's cleric and he's picked up more than one mob, it's just that much harder for me to get them off him if he's brambled.

In an instance it's very often death for him and while I don't mind it while grinding since stuff doesn't hit me much, it's a deathwish for me in most instances too. If I've pulled a mob off the tank, my only hope of survival is usually to hand it back to the tank asap, and building more aggro on it while it's beating on me is the very last thing I need.

Hubby hates it so much, he'll sometimes log out and back in, to lose it, if someone randomly brambles him. Even (heck, especially) a demon bramble.

Is it so very hard to say 'hey, want a bramble' when you run across a squishy elf?
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:infuriated Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! D::( Picking on me. So mean!

b:surrender You know I'll b:heart you always
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Everybody does not want bramble.

It builds aggro, and if I'm grinding or in a dungeon with my husband's cleric and he's picked up more than one mob, it's just that much harder for me to get them off him if he's brambled.

In an instance it's very often death for him and while I don't mind it while grinding since stuff doesn't hit me much, it's a deathwish for me in most instances too. If I've pulled a mob off the tank, my only hope of survival is usually to hand it back to the tank asap, and building more aggro on it while it's beating on me is the very last thing I need.

Hubby hates it so much, he'll sometimes log out and back in, to lose it, if someone randomly brambles him. Even (heck, especially) a demon bramble.

Is it so very hard to say 'hey, want a bramble' when you run across a squishy elf?

Get your husband to employ plume shell ffs! Now that's free dps, and if you can't pull agro from a cleric in under 20 seconds, maybe the old adage is correct -- divorce is expensive 'cuz it's worth it.

I demand bramble the moment the veno refreshes it on the tank. And then I start pulling. And then I fly to Arch to collect 400k worth of BH xp. GG!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @.@ Whoa... Everyone I come across has always wanted me to Bramble them. Especially when they found out that I have Demon Bramble. In instances I need to be reminded to Bramble tankers because if I don't have it on me, I don't know when it disappears off of tanker.

As for it drawing and keeping agro, it's never done that for me in PvE when I'm grinding. =3 Don't have that problem when I use Hood either or I would have been squished hundreds of times over. *shrug* I don't know.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @.@ Whoa... Everyone I come across has always wanted me to Bramble them. Especially when they found out that I have Demon Bramble. In instances I need to be reminded to Bramble tankers because if I don't have it on me, I don't know when it disappears off of tanker.

As for it drawing and keeping agro, it's never done that for me in PvE when I'm grinding. =3 Don't have that problem when I use Hood either or I would have been squished hundreds of times over. *shrug* I don't know.

Bramblehood I know works differently, though to which extent I'm unsure. Bramble is claimed to generate agro, and whether or not it does isn't my place to say, because no matter the circumstances, one flesh ream is all it takes to pull agro off of me. Actually I take that back; I think it takes 3 flesh reams to pull agro from me from the first boss in RBO: Gamma, but that could have something to do with the ~1.4m damage I do to him over the course of 13 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Parvati - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They can't attack you unless you are also in PK.

Duh, I know that. But what if.
    Narr, it's just me being a wuss b:surrender
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Bah, I only bramble random bm and barb, sometime someone else grinding alone(never in a fb unless asked for and even then...).

Also, thanks you for answering my question about apocathery potion and cleric's buff.b:shocked
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    O.o cleric buffs take off apoth pot buffs?
    D: nooes~
    huh me never noticed since I don't use apoth pots that much yet (although me did notice the icons are the same O.o'). I still have large mana,small medium & large mystery pots stacked up from ages ago probably because I manage my mana so well... better then most people ^.^' (but me will probably will use apoth pot as spell costs go up) (>.<)

but I wuv random buffs cleric mana buff makes it so I have unlimited mana.
    =O
    keep up the good work. d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This should get stickied so the NEW clerics who come to this forum see, learn AND STOP BUFFING OVER MY LIFE POWDERS b:angry

Everyone else : Tell new clerics in your faction NOT TO BUFF OVER BUFFS
    pretty pleaseb:surrender

My main is a cleric, I've learned very early on NOT to buff over existing buffs. I buff random people all the time, I just don't buff over existing buffs. (I've buffed over a Wiz's MP powder once and gave her one of mine to replace the one I cancelled ~ I felt bad...)
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Even if it's stickied they may not read it. =3