lvl9 citrine shards in tt80

DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver
DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
Currently im wearing tt70 swiftwind set, complete, and i have immac citrine shards in them, all 4 soc with immac citrine... now some may think its a waste, others think its pretty cool. I will be lvl80 soon and i was wondering would investing in lvl9 citrine shards in my soon to be tt80 LA be worth it? or just a waste of time?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Currently im wearing tt70 swiftwind set, complete, and i have immac citrine shards in them, all 4 soc with immac citrine... now some may think its a waste, others think its pretty cool. I will be lvl80 soon and i was wondering would investing in lvl9 citrine shards in my soon to be tt80 LA be worth it? or just a waste of time?
    Huuuuge waste of time. I had beautiful shards in my tt80 and was sitting at 3.8k hp (My boots and bracers were 4 socket flawless citrines +5 - everything else was 3 socket +3 - cape and helm were 2 socket +1 beautiful citrines).

I promise you will regret it. You will never get equivalent value back for the set if you sell. Stick with flawless at most (cheap thanks to event).

The exception to this would be the tt80 gold boots/leggings which are still useful @ 90.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009

With the money that would cost you should load up on oracles and get yourself to the 90s.

Legendary LA is plenty good in the 80s. You might want TT80 gold pants / boots I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Flyingasian - Heavens Tear
    Flyingasian - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'd say it's a waste of time, and money. xD

I had common critine shards on my gear when I was your level. o.O
  • DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver
    DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey thanks for the replies, seems like i should rethink this out and figure out how i can save my coinage b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I wouldn't suggest you add Grade 9 Citrines to any Lv80 Equipment unless its the best Helm for your level. Save them for your TT90 Green set.

Unless your planning to get TT80 Gold Set (Which could act as a nice replacement for your TT90 Green Set but is somewhat inferior to it in some aspects ), You could do away with Grade 6 or 7, which add more than enough HP to be noticeable and effective.

A Simple Refined +3/+5 HP Helmet with all sockets and Grade 7 or above Citrines would benefit you immensely than petty armor upgrades since you are bound to change armor as soon as you are 90. Helmet stays with you forever till you get your TT90 Gold Helm which is going to take quite a long time. Most Archers at 80s tend to go for the Lion's Heart Helmet or Whatever its called that adds +0.2 Speed +4 in Str/Dex.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Also, the difference between a full set of 4-socket gear sharded with G7 and G9 Citrines is only 528 HP. G9s cost what, 20 times more than G7s? Doesn't sound worth it to me.

As for me, I've got 2 G7s in my Bracers of Blood Moon, and 3 G7s in my mold L69 leggings, since I'll likely be using the bracers into the 90s, and the leggings until the 80s at least. Everything else is random G4/G5 shards I get from drops b:chuckle
  • ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009

ure kidding right? lol... go for the gold i guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • MavLOLs - Lost City
    MavLOLs - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    or you can just wait till HH90 and deck yourself out? thats a better idea, save yourself some money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    Zhadou - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i have 24 immaculates in total in my gear
    4 for each thing that CAN be sharded...

but then again i have TT80 Gold LA

i don't plan on using TT90
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm using G7s for all my level 80 gear including the gold bow.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i have 24 immaculates in total in my gear
    4 for each thing that CAN be sharded...

but then again i have TT80 Gold LA

i don't plan on using TT90

^ The higher the weapon/armor.. the more Hp ya get..
    even wit all his immaculates + 4 sockets all...
    U be gettin more HP from 90 HH plus most of Stats for skywalker, give HP.. that really is better to wait for Skywalker n max yar life better..

80s goes really quick.. wit bounty hunters, wq, crazy stones, fbs, frost, rebirth, zhening...
    I mean people that take forever to lv.. is just cus they dont try...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Unless you have a HUGE wallet, dont ever put anything over g6 or 7 on gear youll eventually outgrow and want to rid of later. The fact you did that with swiftwind was a complete waste of time and money, although it may be aesthetically pleasing, you will never acquire full reimbursment of original investment.

Save your $ and put your next set of high end gems in either A. TT80 Gold or TT90 Green/Gold Gloves and you will not regret it.
    -Raine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.