Is this buff the sp/coin worth?

Smileyangel - Dreamweaver
Smileyangel - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
The hp/mp regen buff is only at lvl 5 for me atm

im kinda pressured to lvl this skill and get the hour buff for it since everyone in RB/Guild/Squads/etc are saying, "uhh can we get the hp/mp buff?" or "wait, your hp/mp buff isnt maxed???" b:cry

so to all the classes, especially my clerics, can i get some advice b:surrender
Post edited by Smileyangel - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You should have an abundance of spirit atm, I'd think. If you have the coins - go ahead and do it, I suppose. Just make sure you check your party mates before casting to make sure they don't already have a hp or mp recovery pot running, as I'm sure you know :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Even maxed it only regens 10 HP/MP per second right? That's not going to help in battle at all, especially if you are using BB (Blue Ball). Most players will pop a pot afterwards or use one of the regen on the spot pots (i.e. Arctic Orb). It will help if they have time to sit down and meditate.
  • Smileyangel - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    You should have an abundance of spirit atm, I'd think. If you have the coins - go ahead and do it, I suppose. Just make sure you check your party mates before casting to make sure they don't already have a hp or mp recovery pot running, as I'm sure you know :D

well i do have the spirit and coin to max it right now but i dont exactly know if its worth it... even from the beginning of the game when i first started playing, i said i wasnt gonna lvl this skill. but now im being pressured to b:shocked

but having the guy popping up on top of my head giving us the hp/mp hour buff does look pretty nice b:dirty
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Yeah the party buff skills look pretty cool. =3 Can't wait to get them on my own cleric. She'll be getting her first one soon. Good luck though. If they give you heat you could conveniently go "afk" while they're tanking. >> Partywipe is a good way to learn not to **** off the cleric.
  • Smileyangel - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Yeah the party buff skills look pretty cool. =3 Can't wait to get them on my own cleric. She'll be getting her first one soon. Good luck though. If they give you heat you could conveniently go "afk" while they're tanking. >> Partywipe is a good way to learn not to **** off the cleric.

b:thanks ahah i love that! i will remember that next time i am being abused by my squad. b:cute

i wish your cleric good luck ;]
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Even maxed it only regens 10 HP/MP per second right? That's not going to help in battle at all, especially if you are using BB (Blue Ball). Most players will pop a pot afterwards or use one of the regen on the spot pots (i.e. Arctic Orb). It will help if they have time to sit down and meditate.

From what my physical-based class friends tell me (these are the same people who rushed for Tauren Chieftain cloak), the regen helps massively. It's not a buff for the cleric.

With that said, I still haven't leveled it. The only problem I have is that in any pick-up squad where I neglect to single-buff the entire group with the waste of mana called Celestial Guardian's Seal, they tend to be under the impression that I've not buffed at all. It often takes two or three uses of caps-lock to inform the re-res that the two resist buffs and the damage buff are completely separate from the regen buffs they're used to. It gets aggravating, sure, but nothing a good rezz-after-I've-forgotten-to-heal-you won't fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Still, a squad shouldn't give a cleric flak for not maxing a buff that isn't all that good. I say it isn't good because most casters at my level have between 6-8k MP and that little 10 MP/sec boost doesn't regen my mana fast enough for me not to run out. I don't use a charm as I see that as a waste, but that's just in my opinion. I'd rather have an HP charm because that can last me about a week whereas the MP one will only last a day, two-three days at best.

For your friends, it might be enough. But it's not for me. :( Smiley you could still warn them that you don't like any BS about your skills, playing style, or whatever. If they cause a problem, let them know they'll have problems when you decide not to heal them for being a jerk to you.
    edited September 2009
    Still, a squad shouldn't give a cleric flak for not maxing a buff that isn't all that good. I say it isn't good because most casters at my level have between 6-8k MP and that little 10 MP/sec boost doesn't regen my mana fast enough for me not to run out. I don't use a charm as I see that as a waste, but that's just in my opinion. I'd rather have an HP charm because that can last me about a week whereas the MP one will only last a day, two-three days at best.

For your friends, it might be enough. But it's not for me.

I agree with absolutely everything you said, actually.

I suggested maxing it mainly cause it's pretty cheap, and it gets it out of the way - but Sevas is correct. It's not that great of a buff, and everyone once in a while if in a non-guild party I'll hold off casting it just to see if anyone cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rgae - Sanctuary
    Rgae - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't find it really useful but i got it anyways cuz ppl complain... Also, i guess its better than nothing if u can get it
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    b:victory I like it for meditating! If I've got a moment to med that is.
    edited September 2009
    If I stopped to meditate, I might like it.

But thanks to JJ and the anniversary tokens, who needs to meditate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If I stopped to meditate, I might like it.

But thanks to JJ and the anniversary tokens, who needs to meditate?

True, true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i for one love the hp/mp buff skill. for me i can go throughout an fb or bh without using a pot

makes it alot easier on the classes ur working with. it's up to you though. it's like a barb using an hp charm in hh to help the cleric
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • OOmesuOo - Sanctuary
    OOmesuOo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well .. we are as clerics do not feel like it worth .. but think about it for barbs and BM and archers. those who have no lots of mana, it helps them reg. faster :D . and they use alot of skills that needs mana, so i think it is better to have it max ^^

and a question o.o do u like casting it many times on each member :s. i love casting the party buffs bcoz i'm lasy to cast on each one even in 2 members squad -_- << lazy girl >.>
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i never see the point in it, but i've seen ppl throw a fit if they didnt get all the buffs.

at lvl 10 its +10 hp/mp a sec, and meditating its +20 hp/mp a sec, but in battle, its only 2.5 hp/mp a sec.

its alot easier and better to just use regen powders =P

also, if someone looks like they have the buff already, ask before rebuffing plz, cause it over writes powders >.<
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got my Celestial Guardian Seal to lvl 9.I would say that if you got your other party buffs then go for it.It last an hour as well and might well grinding cast it on yourself.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Elrond - Heavens Tear
    Elrond - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This buff is ****! its worth nothing and should be your last priority to lvl it.

ok... so suppose your fighting the hole time, in say a zhen party. your regeneration is 1/4.. so 2.5*60sec*60min=9,000
    if you fight for a hour this buff gives 9k mp and 9k hp for a hour... that's trash.

if you never get into combat then the regen is 10*60sec*60min=36,000

ok, so suppose you meditate the full hour. then that's 2x Regen. thats..
    20*60(sec)*60(min)=72,000 hp/mp.

So its quite good if your going to spend a hour meditating. But your not. Your going to be fighting.

Moral: if you lvl this buff up you will save your squad mates about 5k in potions for every hour they group with you. If this is worth spending 500k+ sprit and 750k+ coins then for all means spend away.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If anyone acts like it is a must have, it's because they are clueless. We had alot of those geniuses who kept demanding time wasted using it in TWs, showing how little they knew.

Maxed the skill does only 2.5 health and mana heal every second in battle. That is not anything that will have a meaningful contribution with how much health and mana people have in there. Heck, even level 5 single cast on everyone means they only lose out on 1.25 health per second. That will not save anyone.

For myself, I maxed the skill because I keep playing the game. While it doesn't do much in the short term, hours upon hours of using the skill means that the little bit it does do is that much less charm use/event food used over the months of playing. So if you plan on playing at least a few more months, it is worth to max at least the single cast version. Only using spare SP though, never sacrifice anything useful for it.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol it is not worth it imo. But it is so small anyway, you could just get lvl 1 of it... what they dont notice wont hurt them b:chuckle
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In response to the title of this thread:

Eventually.....

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?