Where do screenshots save to?

Sokaroka - Dreamweaver
Sokaroka - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
edited March 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
My screenshots aren't saving to the default folder?
Is there a way to figure out where they are.
I didn't change it and have checked all the obvious places...
Post edited by Sokaroka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok this is what i did right click on the PWI icon go to "open files" and look for the folder that says "element" open it once in there, there is a folder called "screen shots" and your screen shots will be there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • tsukasashoji
    tsukasashoji Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, for me, the directory goes like this.

Go to "Computer"

and then...

C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots

That's where yours should be, too, if you used default directory when installing!

Hope it helps! b:victory
  • SilentDove - Heavens Tear
    SilentDove - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I cant find my screenshots anyplace.
    I've tried what yall sayed and nothing is there.

And it was installed to the default location which on my pc isnt C/Games,PW isnt even listed in my Games folder.

PWI is in my Documents/downloads folder and shows no Element folder at all...it only lists PW Installalation Folder and files.

Floyd which PWI icon did you right click on? the desktop icon or one of the 3 PWI icons in the PWI folder?
    edited September 2009
    Did you try searching all locations for the term "screenshots"?
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I cant find my screenshots anyplace.
    I've tried what yall sayed and nothing is there.

And it was installed to the default location which on my pc isnt C/Games,PW isnt even listed in my Games folder.

PWI is in my Documents/downloads folder and shows no Element folder at all...it only lists PW Installalation Folder and files.

Floyd which PWI icon did you right click on? the desktop icon or one of the 3 PWI icons in the PWI folder?

Documents/Download doesn't sound like the default installation folder, it sounds like the default download location.

When PWI got installed, it was saved to somewhere on your hard drive. When you double click on 'My Computer' what do you see? Post a screenie or write out the names of what you see exactly.

You are likely to have some drives called C:, D:, E:, and so forth.
    edited September 2009
    i just click the install button and let it install whereever it shows by default,i never even look.
    WoW installed automatically to the location its in as well which is diffrent then most peoples.

When you click install there is always a location listed automatically,to me that should be the default location so i never even look.

It would much more user friendly if screenshots got saved automatically to the desktop then you could place them wherever you wanted to or delete them.

PW is in C/Users/Me/Documents/Downloads
    edited September 2009
    Ok I found the screenshots folder.
    It in C/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Screenshots

Thanx to all who answered.
  • Evalyne - Lost City
    Evalyne - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok I recently took a photo of a tree and a scene from sancutary in pw and i cant find where the screen shots saved to ive tried just about everything my computer is a vista and id really apreciate it if someone can help me thanksb:victory
    edited October 2009
    Ok I recently took a photo of a tree and a scene from sancutary in pw and i cant find where the screen shots saved to ive tried just about everything my computer is a vista and id really apreciate it if someone can help me thanksb:victory

Its pretty hard to help you find something on your computer.

The only things I can advise is:

1.) Look for the default directory: C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots
    2.) Try looking for the "games" folder under C:drive, I know some save it there.
    3.) Search your entire computer for the terms "element", "screenshots", or "perfect world".
    4.) If all else fails, suicide.
  • TheDarkSeker - Heavens Tear
    TheDarkSeker - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Well once you've took a screenshot you have to copy it in microsoft word,paint or microsoft picture manager(I suggest picture manager).So open the program then if is microsoft picture manager choose the folder u want to save it in and press ctrl+v if is word or paint just press ctrl+v and then save it. I hope u found it helpful.b:laugh
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well once you've took a screenshot you have to copy it in microsoft word,paint or microsoft picture manager(I suggest picture manager).So open the program then if is microsoft picture manager choose the folder u want to save it in and press ctrl+v if is word or paint just press ctrl+v and then save it. I hope u found it helpful.b:laugh

Considering that your advice is wrong, that the last date this was posted in was 2 years ago, I'd say they didn't find it helpful at all.

tl;dr version: Take your necro and gtfo.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
This discussion has been closed.