Mantavip...

Tvorkund - Dreamweaver
Tvorkund - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Tideswell (East)
So, heres what i got to say...
why is it so god damm hard to find somebody to kill Mantavip?
i have been asking for 7 DAYS now and just NOBODY reacts
i tried staying whit Manta. so i might get a squad... but nope
they say find another squad...

so this is getting realy frustrating...b:sad
spent more time on getting a squad then lvling omg... >.<

so thats it :P Grtz Tvor
Post edited by Tvorkund - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:laughi could tank it if u were on my server...just gime charms rofl

its hard to get some1 to tank cuz of the price xD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So, heres what i got to say...
    why is it so god damm hard to find somebody to kill Mantavip?
    i have been asking for 7 DAYS now and just NOBODY reacts
    i tried staying whit Manta. so i might get a squad... but nope
    they say find another squad...

so this is getting realy frustrating...b:sad
    spent more time on getting a squad then lvling omg... >.<

so thats it :P Grtz Tvor

Oh come on, I'm 70 and I still haven't done the quest for Empyrean Slither.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Nalfien_ - Sanctuary
    Nalfien_ - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the reason why manta is so hard to find a squad for is because the usual tanks (barbs and BMs) arnt the greatest for it because of the magic damage he does wizzys, clerics and venos(maybe) can tank them but it takes alot out of the mp they have personally im a wiz who has tanked it and i killed 3/4 of a silver mp charm i had and it takes about 30mins to do it....but good luck finding a squad
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Get a Level 70+ Cleric, And a 61 Wizard to heal the Cleric. Keep the one who needs it just within range so that they don't get hit with AoE. Its simple really. No charm needed if they know what they're doing.
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Archers can tank him just fine as well. I've done it with just me & a cleric in her 30s though extra DD did come in a little later in the fight. It is a looong fight since you have a damage penalty but if you're having issues getting a squad together then this seems like a perfectly valid option.

Also to note I am pure so no added Vit was needed to tank him. Just make sure you stay in the air away from his DoDs.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:scorni tanked it when i was a lowbie
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zirania - Lost City
    Zirania - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the reason why manta is so hard to find a squad for is because the usual tanks (barbs and BMs) arnt the greatest for it because of the magic damage he does wizzys, clerics and venos(maybe) can tank them but it takes alot out of the mp they have personally im a wiz who has tanked it and i killed 3/4 of a silver mp charm i had and it takes about 30mins to do it....but good luck finding a squad
    The veno would have to have a LOT put in magic and no vit, but sadly, I find it's better to put some in vit for those times when you either steal aggro from your pet, or your pet gets killed, so it makes them less effective against the mag. bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Another problem is that mantavip is literally in the middle of no where. I mean, if he was near more people, say near the swamps, then getting faction help wouldnt be so hard.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    MantaVip is tough unless you have people in squad of the right type and know what they are doing.

My Arcane Veno tanked Mantavip at lvl 68 with a lvl 78 Cleric spam Healing, this was for a faction member. I had over 65% Magic def (unbuffed) at that time and decent HP. My Nix couldn't survive the AOEs so I ended up doing all the DD and it must have taken at least 20 minutes nonstop casting. So yeah it really eats up time and charms.

On top of that you often come across problems with squad members not staying out of the AOE range and getting killed.

My advice is get into a good faction that is willing to help you out.
  • Tvorkund - Dreamweaver
    Tvorkund - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thx guys :)
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    PM me ingame if you still need it b:bye , my name is on my avatar :d
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i need mantavip too des, please help b:cute
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • DarkTigre - Dreamweaver
    DarkTigre - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I also need help with mantavip so pm me ingame if you could help :)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Mantavip is so easy ... (well at my lvl, and prolly because I did it so many times, lol).
    PM me when I'm online ( and not AFK in catshop) and I'll fly up there to help. Cleric is welcome but not needed, I can pot my way through.
    I kill Manta prolly once every 2 days, depending if I'm hitting Misfortune or not for WQ. I always ask around if someone needs it and there is always 1-2 ppl around waiting for a lucky strike.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dont feel bad I've still to find a squad for Dragon of the Depths

b:victory
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol, u can tank that, u just need a cleric :D

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dont feel bad I've still to find a squad for Dragon of the Depths

b:victory

could charm solo it if you can't find a cleric, at 81 he's not going to hit that hard