Heres an idea to make everyone happy (mostly everyone)

recruit51
recruit51 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
By now im sure that anyone who knows what gold is has realized that buying it for 400k+ is recidulous. So heres an idea, why dosent perfect world set out a flat fee for selling gold in the auction. For example take out the autcion fees but gold is only allowed to be sold for 100k. This would make things fair and most of the people happy. First of all it would increase the amount of money PWI makes because instead of buying 1 gold and chargeing 400k for it, the seller would need 4 gold to get 400k. Right now the sellers are trying to sell really high and they have a hard time trying to find a buyer. With gold at 100k PWI makes money people are happy with the game and sellers learn to treat other players with respected. For example i tryed to buy gold last week for some anni packs nad this is a conversation i had with a guy.

Me: "WTB gold pm me your price"
Him:"How much are you willing to pay?"
Me:"120k"
Him:"LMAO your such a dumbass dude you will never find any gold that low"
Me:"Youd be surprised"
Him:"Leme guess you bought gold off a 7 year old who begged his mommy for some PWI gold and then blew it off by selling it to you."
Me:"Maby but at least that person is trying to help the game unlike you, your only here for yourself. Just cuz you have a credit card dosent mean you should push people around charge them extremeley high prices"
Him:"Uhh yeah it does"
Me"Well good luck trying to find a buyer"

1 week later i see him trying to sell his gold for 50k cheaper.

So you see how rude people can be just because they charge their own gold. Haveing a flat auction fee would make most people happy. Pleas PWI 90 percent of us are begging you b:cryb:surrender
Post edited by recruit51 on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
  • Jay - Heavens Tear
    Jay - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think this is a free market, and they are free to charge whatever.
    If there are "demand", the price of "supply" can and will go up rapidly.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    recruit51 wrote: »
    By now im sure that anyone who knows what gold is has realized that buying it for 400k+ is recidulous. So heres an idea, why dosent perfect world set out a flat fee for selling gold in the auction. For example take out the autcion fees but gold is only allowed to be sold for 100k. This would make things fair and most of the people happy. First of all it would increase the amount of money PWI makes because instead of buying 1 gold and chargeing 400k for it, the seller would need 4 gold to get 400k. Right now the sellers are trying to sell really high and they have a hard time trying to find a buyer. With gold at 100k PWI makes money people are happy with the game and sellers learn to treat other players with respected.

Theres quite a few flaws in your argument/suggestion.

1.) 400k is not ridiculous for gold prices, because if they were any lower, anniversary packs would be easily benefit able. The price is set by the buyers (with help from the cash shop sales), not the sellers. The laws of Supply and demand go well here.

2.) It would not make the sellers happy, and if the sellers are not happy, there is no gold to be sold. If the sellers do not get a decent bonus for spending real life cash on the game, they would rather not spend any. Thus, less cash for PWE.

3.) No sellers are having a hard time selling for 400k a pop. And even if they are, they can easily sell for 380k and get that sold in no time at all.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Supply and demand is garbage. Just becuse there is a high demand on a limited item does NOT make it have a high price. Only the greed of the seller does.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2009
    Supply and demand is garbage. Just becuse there is a high demand on a limited item does NOT make it have a high price. Only the greed of the seller does.

Hey zoe, want to sell me your mount and your TT wep for 100 coins each? Im sure tons of other people want the exact same deal (TT wep/mount for 100 coins). This makes the demand high and supply low, as there is only one deal like this. People would increase the amount that they are willing to pay in order to get the item instead of myself getting it for 100coins.

So, who would you sell to? me for 100 coins or someone offering 30m?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009

The so called "greed" is on both sides. If the buyer wasn't greedy to own the item they wouldn't play the high price and the price would drop.
  • WickedSwords - Heavens Tear
    WickedSwords - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Loyd the "suggestion" you made about TT stuff i must beg to differ since its not somewhat related to gold price for the fact that gold price early was 100k or so(just trying to make a point not related to gold pricing or w/e)and now days its 400k(now gold as itself ain't any kind of rare item or whatsoever since you only invest your real money or in game cash in whichever case it can be obtained by anyone in the game and by some logic it should stay the same value unless the actual economy dictates differently(the value of game gold that is))now on the other hand you offered 100 coins for her TT weapon(which is hardly obtainable and hence she is not bond to sell such weapon for that ridiculous price since the mats were hard to get and considering next factors for obtaining the same:time invested,repair costs,money that she had to afford for each run she attempted to get all the needed mats,charms either hp or mp if needed.All of those factors are needed to be taken into consideration when its matter of selling any kind of weapon or armor(either if its TT or any other kind of special gear).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Loyd the "suggestion" you made about TT stuff i must beg to differ since its not somewhat related to gold price for the fact that gold price early was 100k or so(just trying to make a point not related to gold pricing or w/e)and now days its 400k(now gold as itself ain't any kind of rare item or whatsoever since you only invest your real money or in game cash in whichever case it can be obtained by anyone in the game and by some logic it should stay the same value unless the actual economy dictates differently(the value of game gold that is))now on the other hand you offered 100 coins for her TT weapon(which is hardly obtainable and hence she is not bond to sell such weapon for that ridiculous price since the mats were hard to get and considering next factors for obtaining the same:time invested,repair costs,money that she had to afford for each run she attempted to get all the needed mats,charms either hp or mp if needed.All of those factors are needed to be taken into consideration when its matter of selling any kind of weapon or armor(either if its TT or any other kind of special gear).

That made no sense whatsoever. Both TT items (coins) and mounts (gold) are treated the same way. They are both currency. Much like comparing the penny to a loonie (one dollar coin). I was just commenting on the laws of supply/demand. Inflation, blah blah blah. Did you know you could get an ice cream cone for a penny years ago?

Also, gold does not and will not stay at a constant due the supply/demand. When they have a stupid sale (ex. Anniversary packs), the demand for them SKYROCKETS, and the supply of gold to purchase such packs cannot keep up. When there is not enough gold, people will still try to buy gold, for a higher price, for a higher chance of obtaining the gold/pack.
  • WickedSwords - Heavens Tear
    WickedSwords - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hence i didn't wanted to make any relation to gold supply and demand
    the only reason i mentioned was just to offer some example on fact that gold is always easy to obtain via credit card(if you have one ofc),on the other hand my point was only on TT mats (rather TT weapon you "offered" 100 coins) nothing more then that,and i didn't included mounts(am well aware that goes to gold/cash shop relation).
    So to make it simple the thing is mats for gear you try to make is(well more or less not obtainable via gold since its more logic to go and farm it in TT instead of just taking tokens to make mats)not affecting the PW gold value(it will only increase the value of the items itself since some items are hardly obtainable).
    Further then that i didn't intended to go about gold economy or such just stating opinion on weapon and gear point of value in non-gold relation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Hence i didn't wanted to make any relation to gold supply and demand
    the only reason i mentioned was just to offer some example on fact that gold is always easy to obtain via credit card(if you have one ofc),on the other hand my point was only on TT mats (rather TT weapon you "offered" 100 coins) nothing more then that,and i didn't included mounts(am well aware that goes to gold/cash shop relation).
    So to make it simple the thing is mats for gear you try to make is(well more or less not obtainable via gold since its more logic to go and farm it in TT instead of just taking tokens to make mats)not affecting the PW gold value(it will only increase the value of the items itself since some items are hardly obtainable).
    Further then that i didn't intended to go about gold economy or such just stating opinion on weapon and gear point of value in non-gold relation.

You missed the entire point of my initial post. I said that to argue against Zoe's post on supply/demand and seller's greed.

Also, you missed the fact that x amount of gold = y amount of coins, just like 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Gold and coins are interchangable, they both show the value of goods. A person can easily use their credit card, sell the gold, and buy a TT wep, just like they can do the same thing but with a mount instead.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Edit, mistake LOL
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm tired of hearing suggestions to put a cap on gold prices. 100k for gold sounds nice but 100k at higher levels is almost nothing. 200k isn't much either, takes a tiny bit more effort but not enough to keep our resident millionaires from buying it all. Put a low cap on gold so that lower level players can afford it and what's going to happen is that all the high levels that can grind a couple hundred thousand coins per hour will buy everything.

Also, like I said above, 100-200k is pretty much nothing to higher levels so they'll stop buying gold to sell. Gold trade will be empty because those who buy gold will just spend it on themselves. If gold trade becomes empty then they can just sell items from the boutique directly to bypass the price cap.

Oh, and before anyone says something. No, I do not buy gold in real life (I do occasionally but other things like food an soap are more important at the moment). No, I do not have millions and millions of coins in my bank.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I really want huge house on the beach..... danmit those greedy people sold it for 10million to someone that had the money instead of taking my offer of 150k for it....

The only way for society to be fair, is to have no humans in it......

Regarding gold prices and prices in general, people will sell something for as high as someone is willing to pay, and not higher than that (logic reasoning... if they are not willing to buy higher than a certain price, you are not selling...). Also, in general, you have more people wanting to buy something than you have people selling, therefore there will be a outbidding on the items until they reach a price where only one person is willing to buy, at which point the item/gold sells to that person (or in HA case, time runs out). Check the HA on nice items that do not have a Buyout option on them to see what I mean.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Fizzz - Harshlands
    Fizzz - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its all about supply and demand. You learn about this concept in the early stages of school/life. When the market is flooded prices drop, when the market is bare prices go up. This is going on in the real world now, we are in a recession, things are cheap since no one is buying, once things get cheap enough prices will start to go up. Look at the housing market.

Setting a price for gold will just make people buy less gold from PWI and more from players. Then you will have no people selling gold and people begging to take the gold cap price off so people will sell there gold.

The best thing to do is wait it out, price will eventually drop - then they will go back up.Learn to watch the market and find the right time to buy. Apply this concept to everything you buy and you can make tons of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Look if one sets the price of a gold coins down to 50K People Flock to it.
    People.

I tried this with game cash by opeining a store that sold all items at 1 coin each. No one came even after i said all my items were one coin.... but after afew people said Wow so cheep people started to swarm..... i could not keep up with Demand.... but hey people were happy for the praticaly free items^_^

Also the other shops started to complain that i was takeing all the Patrons and such..... and said that they were going to kill me if i didn't stop.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    People.

I tried this with game cash by opeining a store that sold all items at 1 coin each. No one came even after i said all my items were one coin.... but after afew people said Wow so cheep people started to swarm..... i could not keep up with Demand.... but hey people were happy for the praticaly free items^_^

Also the other shops started to complain that i was takeing all the Patrons and such..... and said that they were going to kill me if i didn't stop.

lol they were probably buying out all your inventory to make a killing once your shop was gone lol
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited September 2009
    People.

Lol, no offense, but do you ever think before posting?

What icejazmin said is true.
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *blushes* no not realy.... i do things on impulce most of the time.

But why charge so much?
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *cough* Gold price cap at 200k after the anniversary even is over *cough cough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you limited the gold to anything below 200k, no one with gold would sell it, as they would get more from buying Perfect Iron Hammers and opening Chests of Coins, which give 1,000,000 coins total. Which, in turn, would mean that there would be no market, as you couldn't sell it for the actual price that you could get otherwise, which would mean people would have to be dumb.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.