Advice plox

Yemo - Harshlands
Yemo - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
I'm new to this game, and i'm like level 16 atm, and i need some advice. I've been thinking. If i want to be a cleric that support other players and PvP at too, what would be the best? LA or uh.. arcane i have like no clue these kind of classes on other games, so.. D:>
Post edited by Yemo - Harshlands on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think most clerics would say LA, but I like Arcane for the nice heals. If your tank knows how to tank, you shouldn't worry about heal aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I wouldn't worry about at this point just use arcane and see how it goes.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There isnt "the best" LA and arcane are equally good played right. You are the one who has to make the choice, depending on others wont do you good for this =P
    b:dirty
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Arcane better, distribuing points for choosing LA , you loose a lot of magic points, which is better for arcane for better heals ( supporting others ) and yeah, you will love your dmg too once you get higher level.And yes arcane are good for PvP too if you know how to play your class and know which skills to use.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The beauty of light armor is that you're a wonderful tank without needing plume shell, and you can kill anybody. Who is 10 levels below you.

I have I believe about half again as much magic as a LA cleric, and I have trouble killing anyone with a charm if they're focusing on killing me. Anyone without a charm I'll whittle down into oblivion, but it's when the charms come into play that I start losing the battle. Maybe I haven't refined my strategy just right, or maybe I'm not using just the right set of skills, but I find my difficulty is not without company. For instance, if I have a charm, it's impossible for any cleric to kill me, LA or not!

My advice to you if you plan on hanging out in the PvP oriented life-style is to find a tank friend, and then learn how to tank yourself. Holding down 3 melee because they can't kill you is how I end up winning most of my fights, because I have a barbarian eating them from behind while they're beating on my shell. Just keep in mind that PvE is extremely easy, and minimal cleric work or skill is necessary; it's in PvP where you have to learn how to tank to survive. LA excels in tanking; but it also excels in small amounts of damage.

On the other hand, even in LA 1 Stream of Rejuvie at max level will completely heal anyone who isn't a barbarian. Your heals whether or not you go with LA are going to be stellar; your damage isn't going to soar unless you gimp for crits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yemo - Harshlands
    Yemo - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The beauty of light armor is that you're a wonderful tank without needing plume shell, and you can kill anybody. Who is 10 levels below you.

I have I believe about half again as much magic as a LA cleric, and I have trouble killing anyone with a charm if they're focusing on killing me. Anyone without a charm I'll whittle down into oblivion, but it's when the charms come into play that I start losing the battle. Maybe I haven't refined my strategy just right, or maybe I'm not using just the right set of skills, but I find my difficulty is not without company. For instance, if I have a charm, it's impossible for any cleric to kill me, LA or not!

My advice to you if you plan on hanging out in the PvP oriented life-style is to find a tank friend, and then learn how to tank yourself. Holding down 3 melee because they can't kill you is how I end up winning most of my fights, because I have a barbarian eating them from behind while they're beating on my shell. Just keep in mind that PvE is extremely easy, and minimal cleric work or skill is necessary; it's in PvP where you have to learn how to tank to survive. LA excels in tanking; but it also excels in small amounts of damage.

On the other hand, even in LA 1 Stream of Rejuvie at max level will completely heal anyone who isn't a barbarian. Your heals whether or not you go with LA are going to be stellar; your damage isn't going to soar unless you gimp for crits.

Thanks O.o
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited September 2009

wat r u smoking? and where can i get it?
    that rambling had no valid point other than "LA is better cause i said so."

here's the simple truth:
    LA= weak heals, weak dmg(rely on low crit rate for dmg), average hp, ok deffence

pure AA=best heals, best dmg, lowest hp, low suvivability

pure vit= weak heals, weak dmg, most hp, best survivability(pdeff shards)

hybrid AA(7,1,1)= average heals, average dmg, good survivability(pdeff shards), average hp pool

those r some of the main builds for a cleric, pick the one that goes good for ur play style
  • Kyrol - Sanctuary
    Kyrol - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I would say use LA until you get to a higher lvl and you can take the hits without dying right away. If you have your stat points distributed between Magic and Vitality right (like i am trying to do ~_~) then after you get to lvl 30+ you can take the hits without dying right away. Plenty of time for your tank and support to annihilate that pesk mob trying to **** ya ~_^.
    This might be Sparta...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    personally im arcane but id say LA to if your totally into PvP also. Weak heals? Like pple actually keep track of that on a noticable level. Most melee dont even look at their HP till their dead >.> weak attack? use the money you would have to upgraded the low def arcane to some of your weapon and get decent mag rings, or ornaments with +MAG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    wat r u smoking? and where can i get it?
    that rambling had no valid point other than "LA is better cause i said so."

here's the simple truth:
    LA= weak heals, weak dmg(rely on low crit rate for dmg), average hp, ok deffence

pure AA=best heals, best dmg, lowest hp, low suvivability

pure vit= weak heals, weak dmg, most hp, best survivability(pdeff shards)

hybrid AA(7,1,1)= average heals, average dmg, good survivability(pdeff shards), average hp pool

those r some of the main builds for a cleric, pick the one that goes good for ur play style

Oh man, I'm so glad I got your input. In further posts, I'll be sure to induce myself with the same hallucinegens you do so that my posts which make perfect sense to anyone else including most importantly the OP so that my inane babble will be fluent to you. Brilliant!

I never stated LA was worse, nor did I say it was better, nor did I rank it in any way shape or form. The fact that you pulled that out of my post is astounding, so much so that the first time I read what you wrote I actually thought you had said "LA is worse because I said so", and I had to go back and re-read your flawed thought-process that you hit 'reply' to mid-sentence and re-format my entire post. You know, forget school; you're not worth fixing. You're about as useless as JPEGs to Hellen Keller. You want my opinion this time around? Light Armor ****ing sucks, dolt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh man, I'm so glad I got your input. In further posts, I'll be sure to induce myself with the same hallucinegens you do so that my posts which make perfect sense to anyone else including most importantly the OP so that my inane babble will be fluent to you. Brilliant!

I never stated LA was worse, nor did I say it was better, nor did I rank it in any way shape or form. The fact that you pulled that out of my post is astounding, so much so that the first time I read what you wrote I actually thought you had said "LA is worse because I said so", and I had to go back and re-read your flawed thought-process that you hit 'reply' to mid-sentence and re-format my entire post. You know, forget school; you're not worth fixing. You're about as useless as JPEGs to Hellen Keller. You want my opinion this time around? Light Armor ****ing sucks, dolt.

someone has anger issues and needs a hug b:chuckle

u did say "The beauty of light armor is that you're a wonderful tank without needing plume shell, and you can kill anybody." and sarcasim is hard to tell in text

u should use more faces xD
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    bigxbear wrote: »
    someone has anger issues and needs a hug b:chuckle

u did say "The beauty of light armor is that you're a wonderful tank without needing plume shell, and you can kill anybody." and sarcasim is hard to tell in text

u should use more faces xD

My parents were mean to me. The sub-sentence after the sentence you quoted was the hint that I threw for 'em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My parents were mean to me. The sub-sentence after the sentence you quoted was the hint that I threw for 'em.

i love your comebacks, you are my new idle :D

(not being sarcastic for once)
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My parents were mean to me...

b:sad theres a nice BIG hug waiting for u here.
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)