Unable to Connect to Servers

Augusta - Harshlands
Augusta - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
Since the network restart had problems on the 15th, I've been unable to log in to any of the servers. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game. When I attemot to log in to any of the servers, I receive the message "Unable to Connect to Server". Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.
Post edited by Augusta - Harshlands on

Comments

• Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Check your firewall?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Augusta - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    I added PWI as an exception to my firewall, and also tried turning it off, with no change in results. I also noticed if I put an incorrect username or password in, instead of saying it's incorrect, it just says "Unable to Connect to Server" again.
  • vtorie
    vtorie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It has been a few days since the update and I still can't log in. It just keeps telling me unable to connect to server also. This has also happen to a few other players, but it seems to be working for them right now. Hope its fixed soon. =(
  • Augusta - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Well, I guess I'm glad to hear it isn't just me having this problem. I submitted a ticket yesterday, but wanted to check on forums and see if other people are having the same problems as well.
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some Firewall software detect changes on applications and then keep the applications blocked until you take the decision. I would check that again. Happened to me more than once.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Augusta - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    I have messed with my firewalls quite a bit, even tried turning them off before starting the game, still can't connect. I think this has been the longest time I've gone without playing PWI since I started. Withdrawl is setting in...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I haven't had a problem until today, but so far today I have been unable to connect. I'm hoping that it will be fixed soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not sure if it's the same or not, but I get the unable to connect to server message almost 8 out of every ten times I attempt to logon. Oddly, I can still sometimes log in even after getting that message, but my char. moves as though I have a speedhack on.... Other than just a **** amount of persistance in restarting, sometimes using the verify files option helps, but takes a couple minutes to complete as well. And for the record, no firewall in use, and no it's not a dual core issue either. This game just has massive issues!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Try contacting your ISP and see what is going on.

Let us know what you have tried in our networking info, please see my sig below.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hm...

i got once the same problem too, but it was my ISP/ server's firewall, as i wanna play pwi at school with my notebook... it's blocked xD

but, if it's not firewall...

try to connect to another server... so, go to your update setting and CHANGE YOUR PATCH/ UPDATE SERVER !!!

try to use Patch 2... it works better... at least for me ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Shichikumori - Heavens Tear
    Shichikumori - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this seems like the right place to post this so here it is.

Since downloading the last update i havent been able to log into a server.I tried all of them but all say "unable to connect to server". even when using the incorrect login it still says "unable to connect to server" instead of "incorrect login/password".Ive tried the manual patch, changing the patch server and and checked firewall status, everything related to pwi is allowed.But i still am unable to connect.

Figured i would ask here first before submitting a ticket since it would be a waste if it is something i could fix myself. any suggestions?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Have you tried turning off your PC, and unplugging/turning off your cable/DSL modem and router for a few minutes, and then turning them back on?

What else have you tried in our networking info? Link in my sig.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.