Skill Point Distribution Question

Maloran - Sanctuary
Maloran - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
Current stats are as follows:
VIT = 072 MAG = 140
STR = 028 DEX = 005
Experienced Clerics, my question to you is how I should continue to allocate my Skill Points from this point forward. I have read a few topics (and even a few random posts in seemingly unrelated topics) that recommend several ways to proceed, including STR 2, MAG 8 or STR 1, MAG 9 per two levels, instead of continuing the 3-1-6 formula that classically dictates most early-level Clerics.

Do I have enough Vitality for the time being? Should I be concentrating solely on Magic? What say you, senpai?
Post edited by Maloran - Sanctuary on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I would concentrate on magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think you have enough vit points so far and you are level 4x, no need to add more there unless you wanna become a barb b:shocked. don't put anymore points in vit, focuse on magic.
  • Maloran - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Speedy replies! Thank you for your input, that's pretty unanimous for Magic. All right, 1 STR, 9 MAG it is.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah magic it is, you almost have as much vit as I do :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lol....more Vit then I do. I have base of 50 and stopped.

Mag all the way...you will <3 the damage b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Maloran - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Is 70 too much? I can purchase resets as necessary, should I tone that 72 back some and dump it into Magic?
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's up to you, though most clerics would say yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I know some clerics that have 100+ VIT so that they can be invited to squads to do Belial.
  • Maloran - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Does that happen often enough or reward enough to be worth the severe decrease in healing/damage output due to a lower Magic score? I understand that 100+ Vitality is the only way to survive the AOE; is Belial the only reason to have that much Vitality, and is it a good enough reason?
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes, to kill Belial is worth the decrease. But if you spent one month farming Belial at least once a day for the whole month, you would have the mats for the weapon you wanted and probably some left over to sell and buy a restat. Even if you didn't follow that battle plan, getting the weapon you want is important. =3 Hell, if you were only in it for the money, just killing Belial a couple times would make you some good coin. It happens often if you're in a good, strong faction... Like Enrage/Caesar/Radiance just to name a few.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Considering he's level 4x, not even 7x or 8x , is enough points in vit, once you reach those levels you can get some decent HP too from refining gear and putting HP shards in for more HP if you want. But for now, don't put anymore point in there, Just work on your magic.
  • Maloran - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Thank you for your recommendations, everyone. I've got a plan in mind, now, and I couldn't have done it without the Cleric board.